It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearing End Time Prediction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am not prediction the End Times, but the Drift towards the beginning of it.

Basing this on deductive reasoning... With The South East Asia Tsunami, Hurriances Katrina/Rita, Earthquake in Pakistan, Mudslides in Central America, Heavy rains in North East US.

Basing it off these qoutes from the Bible

1 Thessalonians 5:1
"But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that aught be written unto you.
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
When they are saying, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall in no wise escape."

and

Isaiah 26:15

Jehovah, in trouble have they visited thee; they poured out a prayer when thy chastening was upon them.
 Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain and crieth out in her pangs; so we have been before thee, O Jehovah.
We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.

That basically means the disasters will come in the same frequency as a woman in labor. Closer and Closer together

Using Deductive reasoning, if we truely are in the last days, then the next major natural disaster, should happen at Latest Mid-November 2005. Which will either cause some government Billions upon Billions of dollars in damages or over 10,000 lives.

And Another major disaster in Late Decemeber.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
it... was...

somewhat deductive...

Then you had to bust out with the Bible Quotes?

Whats with everyone tonight thinking about EOT?

Its like they crave it, I mean why even want something like that if you consider yourself christian?

the world existed before the bible

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
people as you say bust out the bible quote because it was writen over 2000 years ago and now we are finaly seeing the events take place the new testement is over 1500 years old and to have things begining to play out as it was writen over 1500 years ago is petty significant

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Its like they crave it, I mean why even want something like that if you consider yourself christian?

the world existed before the bible

What we are longing for is the return of Christ and His reign over the earth. It is then that sin will be done away with. We who believe in Him will also be changed and have new immoratal bodies incapable of sinning and these bodies will also be ones that death and disease and sickness cannot touch. Also there is no end of creation and existance, just an end to the present system and a new one begins in which righteousness alone exists, forever and ever for all eternity.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
exactly its not the bad we are longing for its the good that comes after it its sad but just like before their has to be a sacrifice its not that we want it to happen it has just brcome too late to do anything about it

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Incapable of sinning, how so?

Honestly, I don't know how it could be without you loosing the "Self", so you can't do what you please, or more like You won't do what you please?

so when dec 21 2012 rolls around and we are all still here on ats, just what if, what then?

sala:

It's all about the way you interpret it, we don't hold the sumerians texts as holy relics, and they were long before the bible, so really don't see what you be trying to tell me by oh its 1.5k years old. So what? The Sumerians had the planets mapped out what 4,000 years ago, and pretty much if not ALL of the 10 commandments in their laws.

I understand it comes down to, I think, it's validation. I mean the world feels so helpless sometimes and you have to think where is God in all of this, this must be the begining of the end...

The think is they've been saying since the end of Christ:

We've Been WAITING for SO LONG!

[edit on 20-10-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you became "immortals" that are "incapable of sin", then surely that contradicts the whole "free will" deal that we've got going on here?

I mean thats pretty much what makes us human - right?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Incapable of sinning, how so?

Honestly, I don't know how it could be without you loosing the "Self", so you can't do what you please, or more like You won't do what you please?

I mean the world feels so helpless sometimes and you have to think where is God in all of this, this must be the begining of the end...

We've Been WAITING for SO LONG!

[edit on 20-10-2005 by Lysergic]

We will be incapable of sinning because we will be changed:
1 Corinthians 15:35-58
35 ¶ But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 and that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 but God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 ¶ So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption:

43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power:

44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; Gen. 2.7 the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 ¶ Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Thes. 4.15-17

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. Is. 25.8

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? Hos. 13.14

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 ¶ Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

We won't lose our "self" because we really don't know who we are yet.

Adam and Eve were created perfect. No sin in them. If they would believe and obey what God said they could become what God intended for them to become. They didn't keep to God's rules, they disobeyed and sin entered them and their existance. This sin problem from then on has been passed down to all people in our "genetics".

They entered the PRISON of sin. When someone goes to prison they are limited in what they can do. Without freedom they cannot become all they can be. And you are seperated from others. In the case of sin it caused us to be seperated from God and limited us from God's presence and limted what we can do. Most people have it backwards they believe living without God is freedom and living with God is prison, when it actuality the exact opposite is true. When you are imprisoned in sin that's what you do, sin, because that's all you know and are limited in true growth, and you cannot get as close to God as He desires, and as close as we would want if we knew everything He knows.

If someone steals he or she could get a couple of years in prison. If you muder your wife and dump her body in a bay you could get life in prison and/or the death penalty. Sin has given mankind the death penalty. That's the way it is:
Ezekiel 18:20-The soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Romans 6:23-For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (KJV)

So God sent Jesus and through faith in His completed work our sin is forgiven and we are let out of the sin prison. Now we can be free to be who God intended us to be. It doesn't happen all at once. Acceptance of Christ and forgiveness of our sin is the 1st installment from God. As we live our life He makes more installments to us and we grow up in the knowledge of who He is and who we can become. The final installment will come when He returns for us and we are changed so that we cannot sin and we cannot suffer from any corruption. Like 1st Corinthians says.

Even then it won't stop because for all eternity we will be working for God, the best employer anyone could have. For all eterntiy we will be involved in construction throughout the universe(and whatever else He has in store for us) instead of destruction. We will never grow old and suffer the troubles of aging. We will never run out of days to live. We won't be on a countdown to death, we will be on a count-up to life everlasting.

As far as waiting for so long, to us it seems like it, because we are racing toward physical death.

But, 2 Peter 3:8–9 reads:

‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.’

In God's sight Jesus has only been gone 2 days.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"Adam and Eve were created perfect. No sin in them. If they would believe and obey what God said they could become what God intended for them to become. They didn't keep to God's rules, they disobeyed and sin entered them and their existance. This sin problem from then on has been passed down to all people in our "genetics". "

So let me get this straight, you actually believe that every single human being on this planet decended from adam and eve? I'm also assuming that you don't beleive in evolution? Are you a fundamentalist christian? If so what about dinosaur fossils? Did 'god' put the skeletons there?

Sorry bout all the questions, just needed to get it all out!
i'll shut up and await your reply

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think that it is important to see the commonalities between different predictions. Comparing the prophecies of Saint Malechai, the Virgin Mary prohecies, the concept of Hindu Yuga's and how we are nearing the end of the final Yuga. The Mayan calendar predictions, and others, all point to us coming upon the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine. Not because I hate the world and want to see it destroyed, but because I love the world, and all humanity, and want to see it reborn anew.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Middle england
". "

So let me get this straight, you actually believe that every single human being on this planet decended from adam and eve? I'm also assuming that you don't beleive in evolution? Are you a fundamentalist christian? If so what about dinosaur fossils? Did 'god' put the skeletons there?

Sorry bout all the questions, just needed to get it all out!
i'll shut up and await your reply

Question 1 yes
Question 2 correct assumption
Question 3 sure
Question 4&5 Dinosaurs are animals, God made all animals, The dinosaurs died leaving skeletons.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't think that this applies to this thread.

I think that the information in the bible, is based on legends acquired by man. I think that there are some points where the entity percieved of as "God" knows much more than we do, and possibly is even able to see through the illusion of time as we percieve it. Modern quantum mechanics and general relativity tell us, using different methods that time does not exist as we percieve it. Maybe God didn't actually create us from nothing, but made us the thinking beings that we are today.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
archaeologists and genetecists have deduced that all mankind came from a group of humans in central africa consisting of around 1,200 people. That means that a small number of people can populate the world. Two would be a bit of a stretch, but 1,200 could fit in two city blocks.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Damn that 2012!! I never mentioned it in my original post! Jack Van Impe thinks that is when this pope will pass away and a new ultra-liberal one will come into power and change everything. WELL.... 2012 will probably be as eventful as any other year.

Like... Nostrodamus predicted the beginning of the End would start 31 July 1999 and That happened an uneventful day.

Date setting is lame.

We've all been waiting for along long time. If we are nearing the End Times, then more and more natural disasters will happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
People have always seen end times around them. It isn't novel to this day and age at all. If there's been an increase in the severity of natural disasters it's more likely due to the rampant pollution of industrialization then the wrath of God. I don't say this to undermine the tragedy of the tsunami, hurricanes, earthquake, etc., but these events have hardly put a dent in the world population so they can hardly be seen as indicative of end times. The date 2012 is important in astronomical terms, but we must be careful not to misunderstand the metaphors of the ancient astronomers. The end of the world is as allegorical as anything else in mythology, the snake in the tree, the collapsing tower, the resurrecting son god, etc. Stop reading poetry literally, it's a losing proposition. If you're really interested in understanding the significance of the phases between astronomical world ages, and you're willing to exercise your reasoning and observational skills and set aside your cultural biases, then a place to start may be my recent thread:

Ragnarok as Celestial Allegory

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I posted in religion but it relates so I will say again

if there was ark for water when it destroyed the earth will there by a flying ark when fire destroys the earth?

Also what gnostic text stated man will try to take over the moon? Also government will not tell the people about outside visitors ie aliens or angels whatever?

Also in the bible doesnt say not to belive of people from other planets???

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike

if there was ark for water when it destroyed the earth will there by a flying ark when fire destroys the earth?

Also in the bible doesnt say not to belive of people from other planets???

No it doesn't say there will be a flying ark. The Bible doesn't say there are people on other planets. It says the earth is for mankind.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Please note I in no way mean to offend. But I am curious. It seems to me in whatever form the end of days appear as, it means no different to every other human being on this planet on one time or another that has died. Should eternity be true, if the flesh rots 675 b.c. or 2033 a.d. or when the Earth ends, there is no difference. It is a case of Heaven or Hell. When we are born we are religiously neurtal, and more often than not it is our geographical location and social upbringing that helps to determine our religion. This in turn helps to shape the manner in which we approach the concept of death on a mental level. Today I don't believe we spend much time contemplating death, so it makes sense to me that we should project the job of wondering what happens to our souls to the literature that is available. The end of days , I feel, is a reflection of our inability to embrace the fact that we shall die and prior to this we have the choice of wondering what shall happen and not. Think about it. The next two seconds of oxygen is only important to YOU. When you die, what happens in death is only important to YOU. So what when the planet goes through the #? People will die just like the rest of history. Heart stops. Brain dies. The end of time? Today, tomorrow, yesterday, in 1000 years, when your time's up, the end of time has arrived. I guess my question is, should I die tomorrow, what will the end of time mean to me in the year 2023? I am guessing it will mean the same to whoever is there to see it. Unless of course there are different ways of dying. Now that would freak me out.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberfenix
I guess my question is, should I die tomorrow, what will the end of time mean to me in the year 2023? I am guessing it will mean the same to whoever is there to see it. Unless of course there are different ways of dying. Now that would freak me out.

If you should die tomorrow, your soul will leave your body and be united with or seperated from God, depending on what you have done with Jesus Christ(accepted Him as Savior or rejected Him). It matters because each will spend eternity somewhere. It also matters that you have concern for others, because they will spend eternity somwhere. While you can't choose for them, as christians we must inform them of the choice.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So essentially you are saying that the most righteous Jew or muslim will burn along with hitler and pol pot. Jesus said himself God alone was Good and not him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join