It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Colbert Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thus far, it is hilarious. The Threat Down.... brilliant! I wonder if they are using the same writers as the Daily Show or if it's mainly Colbert. The show seems to be an attempt at an anti-O'Reilly, and tomorrow O'Reilly will be the guest on the Daily Show... coincidence? I think not.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It is good. Whereas the DS makes fun of things in the News, CR is making fun of the news. They won't get in each other's way at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
i loved the part on the hurricanes and how willma will be the last in the alphabet. i think it was like #2 on the threat down that we will have to start using the greek alphabet. then he pulls out the dr. seus book "beyond zebra" i cant remember the letter but that was funny. i fell asleep after that. (not because it was boring i just had a very long day and was sick) but that is going to be one of the shows i watch as much as poissiable

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I am, beotch.

Anybody who knows me knows that I am no fan of dictionaries or reference books. They're elitist for constantly telling us what is or isn't true, what did or didn't happen...

I don't trust books. They're all fact and no heart. And that's exactly what's pulling our country apart today. Because face it, folks, we are a divided nation... We are divided by those who think with their head, and those who know with their heart.

Consider Harriett Miers. If you think about Harriett Miers, of course her nomination's absurd! But the President didn't say he thought about this selection, he said this:

President Bush: "I know her heart."

Notice that he didn't say anything about her brain? He didn't have to. He feels the truth about Harriett Miers. And what about Iraq? If you think about it, maybe there are a few missing pieces to the rationale for war. But doesn't taking Saddam out feel like the right thing...right here in the gut? Because that's where the truth comes from, ladies and gentlemen...the gut.

Did you know that you have more nerve endings in your stomach than in your head? Look it up. Now, somebody's gonna say `I did look that up and its wrong'. Well, Mister, that's because you looked it up in a book. Next time, try looking it up in your gut. I did. And my gut tells me that's how our nervous system works.

Now I know some of you may not trust your gut...yet. But with my help you will. The "truthiness" is, anyone can read the news to you. I promise to feel the news...at you.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
C O L B E R T N A T I O N

The #1 Fan Site [for Fans of America [and the Colbert Report (with Stephen Colbert)]]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I wanted to watch it... but I passed out before it came on. (very tired)

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerKint tomorrow O'Reilly will be the guest on the Daily Show...

OMG are you kidding? I have to watch that for sure. Tuesday night right?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
yup, tonight on Daily Show... Bill O'Reilly. never thought i'd see the day...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerKint
yup, tonight on Daily Show... Bill O'Reilly. never thought i'd see the day...

He's been on before. He came on right after saying everyone that watches the Daily Show is a stupid stoner, then the Nielsen data showed his audience to be mainly low income, high school or less and the Daily Show to be one of the highest educated and successful segments watching TV.

He stood by his remarks claiming education had nothing to do with intelligence and the fact more of the Daily Show audience has a college education proves they're stoners.

He knows he's full of it. That's why he does DS. It's all a big joke. Like Ann Coulter.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
GOD that show last night was AWESOME. So many of Colbert's remarks are biting as hell, even when they're buried in sarcasm, and I love it!

I just hope he doesn't get too good at what he's doing, to where someone has to shoot him. That would be bad and I think I would cry.

But awesome, awesome show. Best thing to hit TV since Chappelle's Show, or even the Daily Show itself.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Dude, did O'Reilly leave the show early? It seems like there's usually more to a your typical Stewart interview than that... The show tonight's ending with another documentary-type thing.

Well, either way... O'Reilly just got pwned by Stewart's audience.

Such an awesome feeling to see somehow spouting such hateful b.s. to be boo'd on a major network.

Ah.... You can bet he'll be raising some hell.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The interviews on the DS seem to be happening a lot earlier lately... tonight's started at 10:15ish. O'Reilly was actually pretty funny I thought. Listening to him and Stewart go at it was classic, i really get the feeling that o'reilly is 50% or more an act, just paid to act like the angry white guy every night, but otherwise not a radical. he certainly seemed a little lighter tonight. i still get physically ill from watching his show though....

Colbert was excellent again, really liking that show a lot. it's classic satire, and he is dead on in his characature of the pundits. "The Word" is a hilarious segment, i love his interviewing, and having the other news figures on is great, i hope it continues. all in all, two thumbs up for colbert as of night 2.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I really did enjoy the interview with O'Reilly.

Things were going relatively smooth until O'Reilly stooped to name-calling. Pretty weak IMO, it did seem like it ended pretty quickly after that.

I'm happy to see that Jon Stewart is actually a producer and/or writer on the Colbert Report. I'm sure those two are good friends and have been for awhile.

I think the show is great and I'm sure there will be season after season of Mr. Colbert.

I just wonder if there are people take him seriously. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join