It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just Project or Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ok Ill start off by saying I spent all night on the phone with my gf to the point where I was mumbling stupid stuff and I told her I needed sleep. After getting off the phone I closed my eyes to go to sleep. Now I remember waking up and being outside of my house in front of my garage looking up at the roof thinking to myself lets fly up there. I remember taking 2 steps and jumping up and gently floating up to the roof and landing on it.
I remember looking around and I looked at my hands and everything was a lil wavey and got a weird feeling of nervisness. I then remember looking at the part of the roof where my room would be and started to think thats where my body is lets go see it. But insted of going there I remember waking up.

Also Im not sure if this happend before of after the whole experience but I also remember a dream or something where my head was vibrating to the point where it was smacking against my wall and I couldnt stop it.

Any help is appericated thank you.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
it could have been a little bit of astral projection. did you have any sense of a "falling" feeling? before you were outside? when you woke up were you really disoriented and freaked out? or you could have been lucid dreaming,which gives just as strange of a feeling. like you know you were awake but you couldn't have been.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
NO falling feeling just that I knew I was outside and that I was aware of where I was I somehow knew that all i had to do was just say fly and jump and it would happen. after it happend I felt strange like did that really just happen? I quickly got a lil freaked out so i said to myself i have to get to my body and remember thinking to myself 5 4 3 2 1 wake up and thats when i woke up

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i get completely freaked out when i astral project. first i feel like i'm falling out of my body and i can't stop it. during my projection,my only goal is to get back and wake up. i've hurt myself pretty bad before. i'm trying to learn to control it as it is something that can be fun. the first time it happened i was very young,like 16. i think because it scared me so bad i've been afraid of it since. now i'm trying to let it happen and learn to control it.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ya the main part that scared me was when my head was rocking back and fourth and banging against the wall but i was in my bed when this was all happening so I dont know if that was the vibrating stage or just a dream

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Bump for more answers

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The difference between lucid dreaming, and astral projection is vague at best. The only difference is that in lucid dreaming, subconscious dream imagery is present in the astral. During astral projections the same subconscious dream imagery can be there, just in a smaller quantity, making the astral mostly objective.

Since the only thing differentiating lucid dreaming, and astral projection is the amount of subjective dream imagery created, it would be very difficult to know which one you were partaking in.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
well whatever it was I enjoyed it and hope it happens again

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I love Astral Projection to the point that I have been working on perfecting it almost nightly. It can bring so many things to your life it's great.

But I have never walked while do AP, I have always floated. You should read up on the subject and try to do it again. Maybe something was trying to tell you something.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think the best way (At least for me) to know if i'm APing or having a lucid dream is that I look at my hands. If i'm lucid dreaming and I look at my hands everything melts and I go straight into projecting. If i'm already projecting my hands of keep me in that state and "guide" me in a way.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErengI remember looking around and I looked at my hands and everything was a lil wavey and got a weird feeling of nervisness. I then remember looking at the part of the roof where my room would be and started to think thats where my body is lets go see it. But insted of going there I remember waking up.

Like the above poster said, looking at your hands is a good way to lucid dream. Think about it, when you dream you could be anybody, or anything, you dont see yourself, but as soon as you see your hands you remember "you," and then the new you can decide to take action in the dream.

Also when dreaming remember that a thought is what causes action. If you maintain control over your body when dreaming, as sometimes happens, remember not to move your arms but to think about where your arms should go, and they will go there. If you move too much you will wake up. You may be able to move your body a very little and very slowly tho.

On a side note: A couple of nights ago I was having several dreams back to back and having trouble sleeping, which is usually when I have the real strange lucid type dreams, or dreams that happen when im awake.. Anyways I looked at my hands and they werent fully formed, they looked whithered (?) kinda, or deflated. It was so obviously wrong that it freaked me out and woke me up instantly. I guess it just shows the attachment we have to the illusion we call I.

new topics

top topics

join