It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Captured British Agents Were On A Spy Mission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Britains Sunday Telegraph reported today that the two British soldiers captured and then rescued by Britsh forces in Iraq last month, were in fact on a spying mission. It is alleged that the two were spying on a senior police commander who had been reported for torturing prisoners with an electric drill after a body was found of an Iraq citizen who had been captured by police. The corpse, on examination showed that an electric drill had penetrated his skull, hands and legs.

www.news.com.au

The Sunday Telegraph also gave a vivid account of how the elite pair were detained in the southern Iraqi city of Basra and their subsequent rescue by British forces, who raided a police station and then a nearby house.

The newspaper said Britain's Special Air Service (SAS) had been staking out several members of the Iraqi police, who were suspected of torturing prisoners at the notorious Jamiyat prison in Basra.

Citing military sources, the weekly said hundreds of people arrested by the local police might have been tortured at the prison.

The allegations are an embarrassment for the British government, which helped to establish the new Iraqi police force and re-opened the jail.

On September 19, the two SAS soldiers were just about to end a surveillance mission as part of the investigation when they became involved in a shoot-out with four plain-clothed police officers, the Telegraph revealed.

One soldier opened fire as the pair drove off in a car.

The Iraqis gave chase. The British soldiers decided to ditch their vehicle, thinking they had a better chance on foot.

They were en route to an emergency meeting point after having made contact with their base when a uniformed Iraqi police unit stopped them.

The SAS soldiers decided to surrender to avoid a shoot-out and each pulled out small Union flags and began shouting, "British forces, British forces".

They were arrested and taken to the jail where the they were allegedly beaten and interrogated before being moved to another house.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well here we have it. The official "story". We have heard of alleged torture of captured Iraqi's but it remains to be seen just who is ultimately responsible and also remains to be seen if this official story or press release is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
One thing is simple:

If you are Running, you are GUILTY!"

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
So if someone shot at you and you took off running to avoid being shot then that would automatically make you guilty of something?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
One thing is simple:

Does this apply to perps who run from the police as well? Or did you leave you [sarcasm] tags off?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hate to say "I told you so" but , I told you so.

Simple enough.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

One thing is simple:

Or, you're in Iraq and afraid of having a drill bit driven through your skull.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm not saying that this story isn't the truth, but it's a little hasty to simply hear the official press release and then say, "Oh, well there you have it, case closed." A press release is not evidence, it's just a talking head. Did anyone expect the official story to be any different, whether they were indeed there for that purpose or not? I think we'll never be able to know for sure exactly what happened there and what the circumstances of their mission were.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It seems like whenever they get caught in the act all they have to says is that he was a double agent, undercover, or an spy bcause the public will buy it. When actually they are performing acts of terroism.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hook!? - Check!

Line? - Check!

Sinker! - Rgr that.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity - those that think it's lies - do you ever consider it might be the truth? Or are you all back stabbers that would rather persecute and accuse your own people than point the finger at anyone else?
Or do you genuinely believe that, in Iraq for instance, they are all sweetness and light and don't do anything wrong?

I find it increasingly disturbing to hear the home team happily accuse their own people of the most disgusting crimes while valiantly defending the 'enemy'.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I don't find its disgusting that people are commenting as such

I call it a reality check....

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Hate to say "I told you so" but , I told you so.

Simple enough.

Didn't you initially believe that the police were justified in killing the innocent Brazilian man? Maybe we shouldn't jump to believe any governments official interpretation of events.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I don't find its disgusting that people are commenting as such

I call it a reality check....

Yes sorry, I get a little emotional sometimes. I know we have to look at and consider the different possibilities, I just find the speed and enthusiasm at which people criticise the 'official' line disturbing, it's not like it's unbelievable. When it happened people complained that we would never find out what they were doing, and now that they have told us people are still unhappy.
It makes me wonder why people were unhappy in the first instance of not being told what was happening when they have no desire or interest in believing the information anyway.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Do any of you remember the journalist who was killed in Basra? His blogs indicated he thought that a lot of the police answered to Moqtada Ali Sadr and that some of them were intentionally tracking down and killing people who were corrupt or espoused the wrong politics. Because of the things he wrote, I tend to believe the official line coming out now.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The whole official story sounds suspect. What is written below is probably closer to the truth. Also being a military police investigator in Basra seems like a deadly occupation.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The senior military police investigator in Iraq, Captain Ken Masters, 40, was found dead at the British base in Basra on 15 October, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said.

The MoD said an inquiry was under way but the circumstances were not regarded as suspicious. Capt Masters had served with the Royal Military Police since 1981.

www.guardian.co.uk...

'A senior military policewoman found dead in Basra and named last night by the Ministry of Defence is understood to have killed herself. Staff Sergeant Denise Rose of the Royal Military Police's special investigation branch was found dead from a gunshot wound at the army base in the Shatt-al-Arab hotel on Sunday, the MoD said.'

dyks-taken from another message board. The arrest of two british soldiers

"What is admitted is that two British soldiers in Arab garb and head dress drove a car towards a group of Iraq police and began firing. According to the Basra governor Mohammed al-Waili, one policeman was shot dead and another was injured.

BBC ---The Arab garb is obviously undeniable proof that the operation, whatever its ultimate intention, was staged so that any eyewitnesses would believe it had been carried out by Iraqis.

This has all the indications of a frame up.

This is made all the more interesting by the fact that early reports cited as originating from BBC World Service radio stated that the car used contained explosives. Was this another staged car bombing intended to keep tensions high? As you will discover later, the plan to keep Iraq divided and in turmoil is an actual policy directive that spans back over two decades.

The BBC reports that the car did contain, "assault rifles, a light machine gun, an anti-tank weapon, radio gear and medical kit. This is thought to be standard kit for the SAS operating in such a theatre of operations."

And are fake bushy black wigs and turbans standard kit for the SAS? What happened to the early reports of explosives? Why has the media relentlessly reported on the subsequent rescue effort and failed to address these key questions?

The soldiers were arrested and taken to a nearby jail where they were confronted and interrogated by an Iraqi judge.

The initial demand from the puppet authorities that the soldiers be released was rejected by the Basra government. At that point tanks were sent in to 'rescue' the terrorists and the 'liberated' Iraqis started to riot, firebombing and pelting stones at the vehicles injuring British troops as was depicted in this dramatic Reuters photo.

Article 2

As the SAS were being rescued 150 prisoners escaped from the jail. Was this intentional or just a result of another botched black op?

From this point on media coverage was monopolized by accounts of the rescue and the giant marauding pink elephant in the living room, namely why the soldiers were arrested in the first place, was routinely ignored.

The only outlet to ask any serious questions was Australian TV news which according to one viewer gave, "credibility to the 'conspiracy theorists' who have long claimed many terrorist acts in Iraq are, in fact, being initiated and carried out by US, British and Israeli forces."

www.freemarketnews.com...

'Moslem Terrorism' Is Fabricated By Intel Agencies

www.rense.com...

Take Care
Kindred

[edit on 17-10-2005 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

One thing is simple:

.....Does that apply to Jean Charles de Menezes????

Spacemunkey

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
The BBC reports that the car did contain, "assault rifles, a light machine gun, an anti-tank weapon, radio gear and medical kit. This is thought to be standard kit for the SAS operating in such a theatre of operations."

And are fake bushy black wigs and turbans standard kit for the SAS? What happened to the early reports of explosives? Why has the media relentlessly reported on the subsequent rescue effort and failed to address these key questions?

They just have addressed these 'key issues' - that's what this thread is all about. And the explosives could not be seen in the photo and video released by Al-Jazeera of the equipment they had. You would have though they would be eager to show it off if it had been there, in a significant amount at least.
Even if they had a small amount of explosive, that too is often 'standard issue'.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Didn't you initially believe that the police were justified in killing the innocent Brazilian man?

They where, the fault lay with the intel team.

Maybe we shouldn't jump to believe any governments official interpretation of events.

Then we surrender ourselves to what ever the civilian or corporate owned press WANTS us to believe.
Sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
This is made all the more interesting by the fact that early reports cited as originating from BBC World Service radio stated that the car used contained explosives.

I think that the only news service that reported explosives was XinHua, the Chinese Communist Party official propaganda mouthpiece. The rumours probably sparked off from there.

[edit on 2005-10-17 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
To all those unwilling to accept this press release, or official line as truth:

What is the motive for the british Government further destabalising Iraq - fermenting the ingredients required for a civil war? This is a serious question - I'm not goading...

Why would they do that?

As soon as you can explain that without merely stating that they are plotting WW3 or Muslim genocide, I will start listening to what you have to say. Give me something realistic.

Until then I will just assume that you all love conspiracies so much that you will see them everywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join