It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Initiation...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well fellas, my time has finally come.

I have been elected to recieve the Degrees of Freemasonry, and will be initiated into the Craft tomorrow night. It's hard to describe the emotions and feelings that I am experiencing right now. Having been studying and researching Masonry for quite some time, I have a general idea of what is to come, but I still yet have not read any exposes of the ritual, in order to avoid sullying the experience. As a result, the mixture of excitement and anxiety is difficult to describe. I feel certain, however, that the experience will be one that I will never forget, and indeed I feel as though it will be a turning point in my life.

I haven't been posting much lately due to other activities/commitments/obligations, and I doubt if I will be posting much in the near future (though I am working on something big for this forum
), as I will be working hard on my catechism and such, on top of everything else.

Anyway, several members have asked me to keep them abreast of my progress, so I thought I would post and let you guys know what's up.

I would like to take a moment and thank all of the brethren here assembled; your input and willingness to help me find my way have been invaluable, and honestly I am indebted to all of you. Much obliged.

In L.V.X.,
-Axe

[edit on 10/12/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I remember as my time approached, just relax, remember what you can... You'll see it time and time again, but this time it's for you.

Entered Apprentice Monkeys, not just for light anymore...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Congrat's Axeman, I know you've been looking forward to this for a long time.

BTW, get a real bike.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Congratulations, Axeman. If all went as planned, the brothers at the lodge I have petitioned to join voted on my admission yesterday, although nobody has yet contacted me--so I will likely soon be joining you. Again, congrats.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Have fun riding the goat!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Awesome Axeman,

Just Enjoy!! and Welcome!!

I hope to call you Brother soon!!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Pay close attention, listen to everything around you, follow your guide, enjoy.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Congratulations Axeman,

Make sure you wear muck boots to keep off the blood from the sacrificed virgins and disemboweled goats.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Good luck Axeman - I know you'll have a wonderful evening. If you're anything like the rest of us it will stay with you for the rest of your life.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
do they seriously in some lodges blindfold people and strip them down to the underwear. then use a sword to initiate them by tapping them on each shoulder? serious answers please.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I'm sure it will be quite an experience. I'll be ready. Actually, I will be the first of 3, so I will get to see it twice again, right after my own...

Intrepid: you makin' fun of my hog? People who make fun of my hog end up in the pink basket, don'tcha know... I'm strapped...

[edit on 10/13/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
If you weren't so far away I'd love to attend that Axeman. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Welcome, and I hope to one day sit in lodge with you.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Congratulations, man, it's about time!

Let us know how it goes, wish I could be there!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
CONGRATUALTIONS!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Congratulation

I know that you have been looking forward to this for a long time now.

Welcome to the brotherhood. I wish I could be there to shake your hand.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Well fellas, my time has finally come.

I have been elected to recieve the Degrees of Freemasonry,

Axeman,

I've been gone for a while but I'm back and wanted to extend my heartiest congratulations to you. I KNOW you'll enjoy it and get much out of it.

Regards,

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Congrats!!! It's a journey that I'm sure you will not regret.

From what you've demostrated on this board, you will no doubt make a Great Mason and Brother. I just wish I could've been there.

Keep us updated....

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanks guys, for everything.

So I'm walking out the door now to head to the Temple...

Next time I post, it will be as an Entered Apprentice.

Fiat Lvx!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
All I can really say is: Wow.

It really helped that I went first, I think.

The ceremony was excellent, the Brethren were awesome and I feel even more confident than before that I have chosen my path wisely.

Thanks again for your support, guys.

-Brother Axe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join