It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government now claims Iran training Basra Killers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
According to 'sources', Iran's Revolutionary guard is training bomb-makers in Iran before sending them to Basra to carry out attacks and training, this follows earlier claims of Iran being the source of bomb making materials.

news.bbc.co.uk
Fresh claims have emerged about Iran's involvement in the killing of British troops in southern Iraq's Basra region.

According to defence sources, Iran's Revolutionary Guard trains bomb-makers in Iran and Lebanon who go to Basra to kill and teach others to do the same.

If the allegations are true, then Iran's government, which has denied involvement, must be implicated, BBC defence correspondent Paul Wood says.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If this is true, then does it mean Iran is next? Things don't look good and if they are 'proven' to be helping the terrorists then things look bleak.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by AgentSmith]

[edit on 10/15/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I thought this would be of quite some interest, it was quickly buried on mainstream news, though it wasa main headline first thing this morning when I arrived at work.
I would have thought it is another step towards a possible attack on Iran, surely not good news all round.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Actually these allegations are not new at all. There was a story carried recently about shaped charges in which the very similar allegations were made by US sources only in that case they accused them of only making the weapons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/12/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Exactly the allegations about the weapons are old, but these are new accusations saying that they are actually training people. I see this as another 'step' towards hostilities in Iran.
I would have thought people would find this more serious, someone even said the topic wasn't right for ATSNN.

I wonder why I bother sometimes.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Come on Agent Smith, the Matrix just has a glitch. Maybe it's time to change screenplays, grab a Noisy Cricket and start shooting ET's.

I think it is pretty well known, that Iran is backing the insurrection in Iraq and the coalition is backing the insurrection in Iran. Looks like a tit for tat deal to me:

Iran-Britain tensions escalate
Iranian officials and media reports have suggested that British forces were involved in training those behind a wave of bomb attacks in Ahvaz, Khuzestan's capital, in June.

FOUR oil product pipelines had caught fire in southwest Iran
British construction firm Costain and Spain's Dragados, part of ACS in June signed a $US2.2 billion ($2.89 billion) deal with Iran to construct a gas refinery at the Bid Boland complex.

new topics

top topics

join