It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Britain Faces Coldest Winter In A Decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Britain's next ice age is coming. Energy supplies, mainly gas, could potentially run out, meaning that major manufacturers would have to shut down leaving the economy in ruins. Also, many people, especially the elderly and young, could die of the extrme cold.

uk.news.yahoo.com
Weather experts fear Britain will be gripped by the coldest winter for a decade - and it could endanger energy supplies.The Met Office has put the energy industry, the NHS and the Government on high alert.There even are concerns the nation could run out of fuel - gas supplies are much lower than elsewhere in Europe.

The Times says the government will hold an emergency meeting of industry and energy company leaders next month.

Sir Digby Jones, director general of the CBI, said: "If we have a cold winter, we are going to throw the switch: businesses will shut down."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The New World Order got impatient with HIV and bird flu in creating mass chaos. I think they will used HAARP to do this. When it happens the government will impose martial law, people will lose their freedoms, energy will be limited to "chosen people" etc.

Also, I fear that many people could die as a result of the exteme cold. My advice is move south as soon as possible.

The Day After Tommorow anyone?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's frightening to think. But why will the NWO attack a Masonic country such as England? Won't that be unwise?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Can someone please explain how HAARP can control weather on the other side of the Earth when it's just an electromagnetic wave factory and those waves can't travel past the horizon?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
hmm...take it we are scaremongering today?

next ice age? new world order related?

Please enlighten one

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh no! A whole decade!?!?!? How significant is that!?
Maybe in a century or millenia, but this is hardly above top secret.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's buggling top secret!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If it's gonna be so cold then maybe I oughta make like a squirrel and bury me nuts

apc

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with any alleged NWO. A European Ice Age is what happens when the North Atlantic Conveyor shuts down (everyone should be familiar with this ocean current thanks to the wildly BS filled movie, Day After Tomorrow).

The conveyor having inturruptions and the eventual shut down slows and stops the flow of warm water up to Europe from the equator (there is little impact on North America or eastern Asia).

> Note: not saying an Ice Age is immediately pending for Europe. But inturruptions and slowing of the conveyor, as has been detected, can easily be responsible for some very cold, long european winters.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by apc]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You never heard of the saying; "It's Grim up North"?

Scotland...Ice Age? They'll have a reason to be in shorts, shirts and sandles. It'll be like f'n summer kid.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crusader
It's frightening to think. But why will the NWO attack a Masonic country such as England? Won't that be unwise?

Well someone in my family is a Mason, so I guess I'll be OK - you'd better go in your corner and quiver in fear now

Anyway... The article says nothing about an ice-age, we have had very, very mild winters for years now, I even have Banana trees growing in my garden (though you have to wrap them up in the frost). It's not the first time and it's not the worst if it happens. You simply have regular setbacks, we won't have 'Martial Law' it's nowhere near it. It's normal weather patterns and it's nothing to worry about. When the firemen went on strike a year or two back we had military take their place..
Did we quiver in fear?.... No
Did we lose our rights?..... No
Did it make a blind bit of difference....Well yeah - their antiquated 'fire trucks' were rubbish.
Do you hear us crying about 7/7?... No, not really.

It's bog all to do with HAARP, I know most of us don't have the lifespan to remember weather patterns over a significant period of time, but if we bothered to ask our parents, grandparents and check records we'd know that it is not unusual.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have lived in the same place in South East England for the last 31 years. Going back about 25 years, we used to get heavy snowfall, a foot sometimes, every year that stayed on the ground for a week or two. Over the years this has dwindled to the point where we get much less, The seasons also seem out of whack and the country as a whole seems to get more extreme localised weather than we used to.

There are more and more warm water fish species being seen in the west coast waters each year, from Cornwall up into Scottish waters. A sure sign that things are warming up. The warming up appears to be a precursor to a fairly rapid chill if the experts are correct, as sea levels rise and the ice caps melt, releasing even more trapped Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere. This in turn, accelerates the process even more. A sort of "snowball" effect (if you'll pardon the pun :duh
. That's the way I understand things at the moment.

So, I'll hedge my bets and get some new thermal layers this winter just to be on the safe side.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Britguy]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I must've missed the memo announcing England as a "Masonic" country.

Sorry, this is just more scaremongering.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think Scotland has more of a masonic history than England?

Anyway, a bunch of grey-haired round table members and grand lodge wannabes in little aprons with a trouser leg rolled up are not gonna scare me.

Remember, they are not a secret society, but a society with secrets (nudge nudge, wink wink)

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Britguy]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
"Weather experts fear Britain will be gripped by the coldest winter for a decade"

Does this line make sense to anyone? Does it mean...

"Weather experts fear Britain will be gripped by the coldest winter in a decade"

or

"Weather experts fear Britain will be gripped by the coldest winters for decades"

The sentence as originally stated doesn't make a great deal of sense. If it means the coldest winter in a decade I really wouldn't be concerned. If it means the coldest winter in decades that could be a problem. If it means the coldest of winters for decades to come then you are talking about a big problem.

new topics

top topics

join