It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you guys ever want to see a better Iran-U.S relationship?

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I personnaly think there actually could be a chance, we can work on military tech and iran can give U.S most of al-queida members which are the most important ones, U.S economicly will even be better and tourism will go off nicely along with trade industrys/oil/recourses etc......

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The American People would like nothing better than to have a better relationship with just about everyone, NR. I imagine the Iranian People mostly feel the same way.

As to what the American Power Elite and the Iranian Power Elite wants, it's obviously not a better relationship. It's a sad, sad state of affairs when your own leaders turn out the be the deadliest enemies of your nation, but such is the situation in both our countries it seems like to me.

I don't think peace between our nations will be allowed by the ones who profit from war and destruction.

[edited for grammer]

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Ambient Sound]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
talk about rhetoric, ambient....its attitudes like yours that cause the tensions to stay high!

yes, NR, i believe that we could become friends once again....but you have to understand that there's alot of mistrust on this side. we built up what we thought to be a very good relationship with the shah, and were booted out during the revolution. khomeni didnt even give us a chance to try for normalized relations. from the get go, he could have stopped the hostage crisis and held out a hand for friendship, but he chose not to.

because of that situation, there are alot of people here who are hesitant to normalize relations with you guys.....and all the rhetoric surrounding your nuclear ambitions does not help matters.

but on the other hand, we managed to form normalized relations with vietnam 25 years after a long and bloody war.

it just takes people like you and i, small peons in the grand scheme of things, to talk about our differences and start moving people towards the light! a few people can make a difference.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
talk about rhetoric, ambient....its attitudes like yours that cause the tensions to stay high!

How so?

Nah, man.... I'd just as soon the leaders of all the countries sit down with some wine and big hooka pipes and talk it all out. But honestly, does it look like the leaders of either the US or Iran want Peace to you?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
well, as long as we sit back and say "well, thats just how it is...cant change that", nothing will change, will it?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well, I never said change wasn't possible or desired. I just believe that fairly powerful political and economic forces manipulate these situations, even helping to create them for their own profit or purpose.

My actual hope is that both Iran and the US can effect some changes in leadership. In the case of the US, someone besides the big two corrupt political parties, and in Iran, well, someone that will understand that there must be some compromise with secularism if there can be any chance of a peaceful relationship with Western Civilization.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
US-Iran relationship is simply not going to improve with both sides digging in deep.

US does not wish to take on Iran in a war. Cheney has clearly said we have no intention to use military force against Iran.

US has already got far too much on its plate. poor sentors are yelling that Iraq is as bad as Vietnam. Both the casualties and moral reputation has become very ugly in the middle east, especially after the torture pics.

even Afghanistan is not fully secure. taliban are back and killing marines daily; and then we have lady katrina in the south taking a lots of money and troops away from iraq.

brits are already hinting that they are going to pull out just like spain.

US needs to make some friends fast. Hatred against west is spiraling out of control. soon most of the world will be a no go zone. this will not be good. Bush has to act now, and win hearts and minds without using M16.

I know Iranian president is a hardliner, but he can be invited for talks. Im sure he won't mind a lunch in the oval office, especially in Ramadan.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
You know what I think?

Fat chance!

I don't think I'll ever see Bush shaking hands with the Iranian leaders any time soon. Well, unless of course it is AFTER Bush invades them and "hire" a leader for the Iranians.

U.S : Destroy all the evil of the world by FORCE.

Iran : Destroy the evil Americans/Westerners.

Since both want to destroy each other, I don't see any grounds where they'll sit together and have some Arab tea and Californian Cigar.

[edit on 9/10/05 by Heartagram]

new topics

top topics

join