It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPY at Whitehouse!!! BREAKING!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
On the news right this second. Dont have an online source yet.

A Marine who was there for three years was caught, full investigation in progress. He most recently was asigned to Cheney.

He is acused of passing hundreds of documents to the Phillipines.

More to follow...

[edit on 5-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow, you should put this on ATSNN once you get a link.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If confirmed, what kind of documents would a Marine in the white house have access to?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wow, first Franklin, now this...very disturbing news indeed. Hope he gets the death penalty.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
ABC News, this is all they have online:

The FBI has accused a U.S. Marine of being the first spy in modern history to steal classified documents from inside the White House, ABC News has learned.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Reminds of www.nationarchive.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Cpl Clayton Lonetree, back in 1986 lonetree was found guilty of aiding the KGB in getting secrets from the US Embassy in Moscow...the sex for secrets scandal. IMPO, I think he was a scapegoat for higher ups.

Google search

[edit on 5/10/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
EDIT...bad info

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here is your guy.
Leandro Aragoncillo.
www.cicentre.com...

He is Filipino and has had six Good Conduct Medals and a Humanitarian Service Medal.

Doesn't sound much like a spy.

EDIT: adding on.

--Knowingly communicating classified information by a government employee to an agent or representative of a foreign country (i.e. receiving classified information).

--Acting as an agent of a foreign official without notification of the Attorney General in violation of Title 18 of the US Code, Section 951

--Unauthorized use of a government computer to obtain and transmit classified information

--Conspiracy to commit all of the above offenses in violation of Title 18 of the US Code Section 371.

[edit on 5/10/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

He is Filipino and has had six Good Conduct Medals and a Humanitarian Service Medal.

6 good conduct medals...that would at least 18 years of active duty service

Probably an E7+

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Officials say the classified material, which Aragoncillo stole from the vice president's office, included damaging dossiers on the president of the Philippines. He then passed those on to opposition politicians planning a coup in the Pacific nation.

"Even though it's not for the Russians or some other government, the fact that it occurred at the White House is a matter of great concern," said John Martin, who was the government's lead espionage prosecutor for 26 years.

Last year, after leaving the Marines, Aragoncillo was caught by the FBI while he worked for the Bureau at an intelligence center at Fort Monmouth, N.J.

According to a criminal complaint, Aragoncillo was arrested last month and accused of downloading more than 100 classified documents from FBI computers.

"The information was transferred mostly by e-mails," said U.S. Attorney Christopher J. Christie at the time of Aragoncillo's arrest.

Since that arrest, officials say Aragoncillo has started to cooperate. He has admitted to spying while working on the staff of Vice President Cheney's office.

abc has updated this with more info

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If convicted of Treason he should be executed, he dishonors all the men and women who have worn and continue to wear the Marine Corps uniform.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
If convicted of Treason he should be executed, he dishonors all the men and women who have worn and continue to wear the Marine Corps uniform.

What if it was His duty?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

What if it was His duty?

SpittinCobra, what do you mean? Like he was setup?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

What if it was His duty?

and his duty would be to wat? help planned a coup in the Phillipines that could involved the U.S.? is that his duty that u would support?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
is that his duty that u would support?

Did I say I did, I asked a simple question to WestPoint.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
What if it was His duty?

There is no possible duty that could supercede that of which he first swore to as a USMC recruit.

Oath Of Enlistment
In the Armed Forces EXCEPT the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, ___________________________________, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Sorry, I'm not seeing it.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I, ___________________________________, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

The only way he could be upholding his duty is

A. If he feels his duty was sworn to another government
B. If a higher officer ordered him to do what he did.

Either way he is not upholding his oath to the UNITED STATES MARINE CORP. He could be, however, upholding another oath he took. One that supercedes his oath to the corp. (in his mind anyway) What ever oath that would be it will not hold up to a court marshall.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Even if that were the case.....he knew better.

There is NO duty that requires a Marine to compromise classified material, especially to a foreign gov't

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Even if he is a scapegoat, if he was involved, he should be prosecuted. If he broke his oath by working for foreign criminals, or domestic criminals perched in the big house, what does it matter?

Treason is treason.

I hasten to mention selling out one's own country to international business interests is perhaps the highest form of treason, since it inevitably results in the enslavement of millions and untold misery.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
The only way he could be upholding his duty is

A. If he feels his duty was sworn to another government

Either way he is not upholding his oath to the UNITED STATES MARINE CORP. He could be, however, upholding anotehr oath he took. One that supercedes his oath to the corp. What ever oath that would be it will not hold up to a court marshall.

I assure you, nothing supercedes the oath in the United States Marine Corps. Regardless of previous fealty, when he first took that oath it was a clean slate... This will most likely be a case of character flaw (as was the cases in the past), money, thrill seeking, women... Time will tell.

If true, and he's convicted... Hangings to good for him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join