It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Soon: 40,000 Iranian Suicide Bombers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
MEMRI is a propaganda engine cofounded and run by its president Yigal Carmon a former colonel in Israeli military intelligence, and Dr. Meyrav Wurmser, an Israeli-born "analyst of Middle East affairs", whose husband also happens to be a State Department policy adviser under John Bolton.

IranFocus is a mouthpiece website for MEK/MKO, the terrorist organization banned from Iran for their slaughter of innocent British, American and Iranian civilians, and for their mission which is to topple the current Iranian government.

Does anybody have a REAL source for this story?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Again, I am not the author....

As already provided:

Al-Arabiya TV broadcast on 2 July the news that Iran had already recruited some 40,000 volunteers who were ready to martyr themselves for the liberation of Islamic lands.

CLIP.

and:

An interview with Mohammad-Reza Jaafari - The full text of the original interview in Persian can be seen on the weekly’s website at www.partosokhan.ir/283/page08.pdf .

and if you would like to read more about this interview in english language, please click here.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Again, I am not the author....

What are you talking about? Who claimed you were the author?
The sources are being questioned here, not you.

As already provided:

CLIP

The video clip doesn't load.

"If the clip you are looking for is not available, please contact [email protected]"

...and if you would like to read more about this interview in english language, please click here.

Again, you've linked to IranFocus, a website connected to MEK/MKO.

Propaganda engines like IranFocus and MEMRI are notorious for deliberately mistranslating Arabic language material to suit their agenda. Can we just get another source for this story please? Maybe the BBC or a Western media source, or even an independent translation, rather than an Israeli or anti-Iranian-government terrorist source? This is a huge issue and I'd honestly like to know if this is true or not. Can any source show that this call for suicide bombers even exists, and if they do, that they are not being rallied to defend the country in a domestic role in the event of increasingly looming Israeli/US aggression?

[edit on 2005-10-6 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This chilling and alarming documentary was produced by the government in Iran

....and recently shown on AL-ARABIYA TV.

...and Iranfocus provided a source to the hard-line weekly Parto Sokhan where you could read the interview and see the the text of a a recruitment form for suicide operation volunteers.

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Can any source show that this call for suicide bombers even exists?

www.partosokhan.ir – please see the source I provided already twice...

(Just for your information: Israeli sources are like this: - www.source.il – with IL [for Israel] - or simply .com at the end)

But this also has been reported around the world.....e.g.:

A “martyrdom seekers” movement is growing in Iran. Recent reports suggest religious fanatics there have recruited 40,000 or more human time bombs, each ready to die to defend a perverted version of Islam. [...]

The Kansas City Star: Witness bad martyrs Aug. 20, 2005

and

The advertisement calls for men and women to enlist with the "Lovers of Martyrdom Garrison" [...]

This is not the first time that recruitment of volunteers for suicide operations has been done publicly and application forms for registration of aspiring bombers distributed openly in Iran.

Asia Times: Wanted: Aspiring martyrs

and again Iranfocus

Defence Minister confirms Iran training suicide bombers

Just google it!

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This chilling and alarming documentary was produced by the government in Iran

....and recently shown on AL-ARABIYA TV.

That's the same MEMRI video you've linked to 3 times now. Again I say, it doesn't load. The cast loads fine, but when it plays it says the video is not available and to contact the site. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

...and Iranfocus provided a source to the hard-line weekly Parto Sokhan where you could read the interview and see the the text of a a recruitment form for suicide operation volunteers.

I say again, IranFocus is linked to MKO/MEK, a terrorist organization listed by the US State Dept.

www.partosokhan.ir – please see the source I provided already twice...

I'm pretty smart, but not smart enough to read Persian. And the English translation you provided is by IranFocus.

But this also has been reported around the world.....e.g.:

A “martyrdom seekers” movement is growing in Iran. Recent reports suggest religious fanatics there have recruited 40,000 or more human time bombs, each ready to die to defend a perverted version of Islam. [...]

The Kansas City Star: Witness bad martyrs

That piece is an Opinion/Editorial with the author's diatribe on the definition of martyr. The only source he cites is MEMRI, the Israeli propaganda engine. Back to square one...

and again Iranfocus

Defence Minister confirms Iran training suicide bombers

Please, please stop quoting IranFocus. It is a propaganda website for the terrorist group MEK, who are guilty of the slaughter of innocent Westerners and Iranians and dedicated to the overthrow of the Iranian government. Citing this website as a source against Iran is akin to citing a KKK website against Israel.

Asia Times: Wanted: Aspiring martyrs

Okay, now maybe we're getting somewhere. The author, who is an independent journalist and not Asia Times staff, doesn't cite any sources nor where he got the translation from. Did he get it from MEMRI or IranFocus, or perhaps we're to assume that he translated the articles himself? He also mentions that radical clerics are responsible for this, and that one of them is "believed" to be the spiritual advisor for the President. Interesting...

So are there any other news outlets carrying this? This is HUGE. Iran has allegedly constructed an army of tens of thousands of self-exploders that are going to be unleashed on the unsuspecting Middle-East. In fact, according to the Asia Times article this has already been going on for years. Why isn't this being carried by major news networks? Why isn't the BBC covering this? Could it be that they doubt the sources as the rest of us do? And why does evidence show the majority of the suicide bombers and martyrs come from Saudi Arabia, the US ally? Where are the splattered remains of this army of Iranian walking bombs? Or are they simply designed to defend Iran against the coming invasion? And if this army exists, who's creating it, the Iranian government or radical clerics? And do these bombers have access to Iran's WMDs? Could one conceivably strap himself to a missile and launch himself at Israel? So many questions...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Firooz Rajai: "In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate. We
will not allow the Zionists to build their Solomon Temple in the place where
the Al-Aqsa Mosque stands. They have not succeeded so far, and they never
will. We are willing to sacrifice our bodies and souls to defend the Al-Aqsa
Mosque. Our goal is to achieve martyrdom by way of true Jihad. This is the
true path to which we strive. We don't need a fatwa on this, since we get
our fatwas from the Koran and from all the authorities on Islamic law. We
vow to turn into bombs that will explode at anyone who wishes to desecrate
our holy places."

"The movement denies any connection to the Iranian government, and
considers itself an independent organization
. Although the government
occasionally expresses reservations about the movement of martyrdom seekers
and its operations, the movement has used government buildings for its
training, and some Revolutionary Guards members have publicly defended
them."

Continued....
www.imra.org.il...

The mistranslations from the Zionist Controled MEMRI are at it again.

This is an independent organization, not part of the military or government.

While its true the Iranian STATE is not stopping them, and that individuals within the government support the organization it is not true that the Iranian STATE has passed laws enabling it, nor is it true that they are funding it.

They are kinda like the ELKS Club with explosive vests.....

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That's it then. We gotta send our nukes to aid Israel, and lock Americans up in quarantine camps for safety.

Not.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I must admit, this is a little scary. Let's hope they are not going to be unleashed on the Middle-East.

But has the 40,000 number been confirmed? Are they directed by the Iranian government? Have they been seen outside of Iran? Is this a reason to invade Iran? Does this have anything to do with Iran's nuclear energy program? Can Western and Israeli governments and media ever be trusted again to tell the truth when it comes to Muslim nations? Does this seem like spinning up the public hate against Iran in preparation for invasion, a repeat of the global Iraq invasion deception? Will we be duped again into invading a sovereign nation and sacrificing the lives of thousands and thousands of American, British, etc young soldiers and local Iranians including women and children, all for the monetary and power gain of a few in Washington and Jerusalem?

No, no, no, no, no, no, yes, and probably.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

I think it is just you – But try this link – it is in hebrew, but also has english subtitling.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ArchAngel

the source you provided is interesting....

[...]

Iranian MP Hamid-Reza Haji-Babai: "Martyrdom seekers may exist in every
country, and in Iran, they have beliefs that they hold sacred. This is a
popular movement
, which cannot take the form of an organization. Iran has so far managed, democratically and diplomatically, to maintain relations with all countries and preserve its status, despite the American hostility. The oppressive, inhuman, and undemocratic American behavior in recent years has led to the creation of martyrdom-seeking movements everywhere."

Reporter: "After receiving theory lessons, the volunteers undergo secret
training, far from the media. Even though the movement's leaders refrain
from disclosing the kind of activities that are included in this training,
they emphasize that this is not a military organization, and that no special
or complex training is required - a few days are enough to train the
volunteers."

Firooz Rajai: "So far, we have not sent any brigade out of the country, and
have not clashed with government opposition to us. We maintain law and
order, and our activity is clear and serves Islam. This does not mean that
we are not prepared to report for duty anytime, anywhere. We believe in
combining ideology and action. Our movement is not a symbolic one. Our goal is well known. When the time comes, martyrdom will be inevitable

[...]

Iran's New President Glorifies Martyrdom

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The first I heard about this was an article forwarded to me. The article is dated December 2, 2004 in the Iran Press News (www.iranpressnews.com). Who runs Iran Press News?

The article is in my offline computer now so I can't cut and paste, it involves a ceremony for roughly 200 suicide commandos, supposedly organized by Palestinian and Lebanese Militants at the Behesht e-Zahra cemetary. The ceremony was said to commemorate martyrs of the Global Islamic Movement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join