It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Eagle ( Marine Corps' hopes for space travel. )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just imagine within a couple of hours we could deploy our marines anywhere in the world to strike thier target. The research is now underway to do this. More tax dollars being wasted or a good Idea . What do you think ? You heard it first here. DefenceTech

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Combining a rapidly deploying small size Marine force, with naval support, and support from future space based systems will allow the US military to accomplish what it could in the past only with huge numbers of “boots on the ground.”

This is the only thing they could have in mind, or else their is no need for a system like this.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sounds like a money pit to me. The only military purpose for this technology is to deliver a strike force quickly anywhere on the planet. This could easily be countered with ground-based weapon systems that are likely to be much less expensive. The cost to transport troops would be hideously expensive even if it did work. As to the numbers that could be deployed, I would guess that it would actually be a small number of soldiers.

The other purpose would be to establish a military presence in near earth orbit. If I recall correctly, there are a variety of treaties forbidding this practice.

If I were looking for a popular way to dump a few trillion dollars on something, this strikes me as a good bet....

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The other purpose would be to establish a military presence in near earth orbit. If I recall correctly, there are a variety of treaties forbidding this practice.

Please don't make me laugh.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
But it's so much fun!

Serriously, there is far too many eyes on the sky. The US Space Command is absolutely a prescence but the government employs spy satellites and the such. There really is no need for orbital weapons platforms. Oh - what about Star Wars? Another neat way to dump billions into researching something else.

The only true threat to the US right now is China and their weapon is economic not military. Actually, the threat of terrorism unfortunately is a growing threat. Not too many of them will be using secret space platforms unless they find a saucer like the one in Roswell...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Personally I think the HAARPICANEs are doing quite well. Ya just need a better guidance system

109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 2995
To establish the Weather Modification Operations and Research Board, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

June 20, 2005
Mr. UDALL of Colorado introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Science

A BILL
To establish the Weather Modification Operations and Research Board, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

4) WEATHER MODIFICATION- The term `weather modification' means changing or controlling, or attempting to change or control, by artificial methods the natural development of atmospheric cloud forms or precipitation forms which occur in the troposphere.

S.517 Title: A bill to establish a Weather Modification Operations and Research Board, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Hutchison, Kay Bailey [TX] (introduced 3/3/2005) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.R.2995

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The usa has a military presence in near earth orbit - the russians launch a FOBS

yeah , great idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join