It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Terrorist Visa Applications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I searched a little, and couldn't find anything here which actually addresses the visa applications belonging to the terrorists.

Regardless of who orchestrated the attacks, what transpired is simply appallingly bad practice.

Wail Al Shehri, Waleed Al Shehri, Hani Hanjour and Abdul Aziz Al-Omari's non-resident visa applications were so hopelessly inadequate - and yet all received their visas.

You can view the actual applications (with the site author's commentary) here

Excerpt:

Despite the legal requirement that a visa applicant show strong roots in his home country (to give him or her a reason to come back from America), Alomari listed his home address as the "ALQUDOS HTL JED" (a hotel in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia). Alomari didn't even bother filling in the fields asking for his nationality and gender, apparently realizing that he didn't need to list much more than his name to get a visa to the United States. As it turns out, he didn't. He got his visa...

Very, very disturbing.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I saw your lament over on TKA and thought I should get my white ass over here.

Your topic is a valid one and it just goes to show you the lax attitude that has been the norm with the US government.

I was on an extended stay in the States years ago and my drivers licence expired. I went into a California DMV and they just handed me a California licence with no problem. (the road test was once around the block)

Having a California drivers licence was the ticket I needed to open a bank account and get a job. It was just too easy.

But do we want to live in a society that requires us to submit a DNA sample just to get a donut???

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've gone through something similar....I don't think it's so much that we need invasive forms of identification, but rather we need more money pumped into the immigration department; we're currently unable to track visitors, and this is how many people slip through the gaps.

The visa apps shown are just...really, really bad. Somebody, somewhere, should receive at the very least a severe reprimand.

Those apps should never have been approved.

(and thank you...so, so much!
)

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
How do you put the .gif image into your signature box???

This probably would have been better to send in a u2u or submitted into www.abovetopsecret.com...
But I'll throw it out here in hope of an answer.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
How do you put the .gif image into your signature box???

Click the button at the top. In the screen that comes up, hit "Edit Profile" (second heading from the left). In the Edit Profile screen, down the bottom you will see a box with this text next to it:

Signature:
HTML is Off
BB Code is On

Paste the url of whatever image you want in the box, and place tags around it, but using SQUARE brackets [ ] instead of curly brackets [ ].

Hit the Edit Profile button at the bottom and voila!

I assume you want the "Vote Tinkleflower" gif, so paste the following in the box there, change the brackets to square brackets, and you'll be set to go:

That is for the one where I took out the "X" since I believe TF is actually in the running for the "G" forum:

If you still want the "X" one, then use this:

Don't forget to change the brackets!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
That's what I was looking for.

Don't forget to vote for tinkleflower, and vote often.....
I like her because of how she chose her screen name..... (*member giggles*)

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
and here I been all this time thinkin it was damn near impossible to get a visa to stay in the US

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's only hard to get your significant other into the US to live. Anybody else just gets to talk right in.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Without the waves of immigrants that have flowed into North America there would be no USA.
The great melting pot would be a lot more native than what you see today.
I don't think America can afford to shut it's borders to immigration, the very foundation of the county was based on immigration and America still needs the influx of people to maintain their standard of living.

I get the impression that the mass media thinks America is white.
Boy, is that ever wrong.
Your ancesters dragged people out of Africa to increase your work force, and you do nothing about illegals swimming the Rio Grande because you need the slave labour. Your economy is dependant on cheap labour, and you won't be giving that up in the near future.

Maybe you should be a bit more selective in the future, but your past is behind you, live with it.

You are the ideal that the rest of the world wants.
They hate you for what you have, and they'll kill you to get it for themselves.

America is open for business, walk right in.......

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

You are the ideal that the rest of the world wants.
They hate you for what you have, and they'll kill you to get it for themselves.

America is open for business, walk right in.......

You may start using that in past tense anxiety.

I personally used to dream of living in the great USA, unfortunately that is now a thing of my past. I no longer have that desire, that country as well as my dream are no longer "great" sorry to say *sniff* and I know quite a few people who feel the same way and no longer desire to go there except for a "vacation" cause well, some parts are still nice to visit. I don't know about living there
but I will continue to visit as long as they allow people with dark hair & eyes and olive toned skin not feel paranoid about doing so.

I can no longer be proud to be Australian either tho so damn where can I go now ? hmmmm

[edit on 3-10-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
that is crazy. how could we ever let that happen? sweet jesus, how can you not tell that sometings a little off.

new topics

top topics

join