It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-footed Snorkel Monster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So I was listening to Coast to Coast AM the other night on my way home from work and there was a guest speaker on (can't remember his name) but he told this amazing story about this guy living in Alabama and he wakes up because he thinks there is rain falling on the roof of his trailer. He goes outside and sees a monster/alien that he can only describe as a "one-footed snorkel monster" because it had a single elephant's trunk connected to a large bird's foot. He said it was standing in his yard and then it began to spin in place and turned into a bright ball of light and flew around and under his truck. He woke his family up and they all saw it. The next day, there are trees knocked down in his back yard and his dog is injured. His wife sees the monster again and it starts spinning again. Supposedly there were mythological creatures that slightly resembled this monster. Does anyone know what kind of mythological being he could be referrring to? I turned the radio off then, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything like this? It sounds really familiar to a monster I saw when I was younger when I lived in the Mojave Desert, except I've never heard of anyone seeing a creature that at all resembles it until now. Does anyone have any info at all or has anyone seen a similar creature?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
One-footed snorkel monster? Wow, C2C is getting more and more ridiculous everyday...maybe it was a tornado.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
thank you, I heard that show, but couldn't remember what they had called the thing. I want to do a search on the net, see if anything comes up. weird little creature.

found it...and probably found out who the guest was on coast to coast.

williamhenry.net...

he also has a good article on his site concerning Bush's "shock and awe" campaign that is an interesting read...

[edit on 28-9-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That is very strange. Unfortunately, I missed that particular broadcast.

I would like to know if you find anything out in your research, please post.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
That has to be THE weirdest encounter I have EVER heard of! lol

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
dawnstar, thanks a bunch for posting that link! I just thought it was such an interesting-sounding creature. However, I had trouble finding the article about Bush, where on the site is it located? Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
ya, sorry about that, I had found the article I was talking about awhile back....pretty far back really...and well, he must of taken it down...but well, Whitley Strieber has it on his.

www.unknowncountry.com...

according to it, "Shock and Awe" is pronounce the same as Shakina.
"as the Divine Presence of God, a force of immense power that emanated from the Ark of the Covenant."

I find myself wondering if Bush and his buddies knew this before they used the term.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wow that is one crazy encounter, (crazy like weird). Some people have all the fun....

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
One-footed snorkel monster? Wow, C2C is getting more and more ridiculous everyday...maybe it was a tornado.

Maybe we could all hide in your ingnorance shelter until it is over.
I have no doubt there are still many unexplained creatures hiding in, on, and around this planet.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have no doubt there are still many unexplained creatures hiding in, on, and around this planet.

I agree with that statement, but I seriously doubt one of them is the one-footed snorkel monster

cjf

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by groingrinder

I agree with that statement, but I seriously doubt one of them is the one-footed snorkel monster

A few may still have survived.

I’ll need to check with my ex about her ongoing family genealogy project; since she has recently discovered and can explain fully the origin of the Yelping 'Needy' Yeti, Hill-country 'Hypochondriac' Hyena and the 'Land Locked' Screeching Whale (mother's side).

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky666
Does anyone know what kind of mythological being he could be referrring to?

Was it a one-eyed, one-horned, flying...

[edit on 29-9-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
These creatures sound like the one and only DUFFLEPUDS! Anyone who has read voyage of the dawn treader will know who these characters are. Fair enough, they look harmless and kind enough, but when they were invisible they threatened to kill the entire party (children included) if they did not help them turn visible again...

Scary stuff for a childrens book... laced with underminings and lessons of life.

Danny

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It sounds like an acid flashback to me.

Something from Dr. Suess or Fantaisa perhaps?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
One-footed Snorkel Monsters?

Just one foot, or one-foot tall?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yo, just one foot.

I was doing some research and some dude I correspond with over the net told me he once saw an alien that had one foot and a big old eyeball. It kinda cracked me up. Probably because this dude used to do a lot of acid, so his mind is all screwed up.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Never seen or heard of a 1 footed snorkel monster. I've only seen black 2-footed monsters that appeared to be wearing scuba tanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If I was going to have to see an alien or a monster, I would choose to see a one-footed snorkel monster. Because then I could say

I saw a one-footed snorkel monster...and that's not something you see every day.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
If I was going to have to see an alien or a monster, I would choose to see a one-footed snorkel monster. Because then I could say

I saw a one-footed snorkel monster...and that's not something you see every day.

Behold the One Footed snorkel monster!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch

Behold the One Footed snorkel monster!

Yeah, but I want to see it do its lethal death-twirl.

T-shirt reads:

I lived through a
one-footed
snorkel monster's
death twirl...

and you
want to mess with
me?

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>