It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus Carrying Houston Evacuees Explodes in Dallas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It appears (from FOX News) a bus carrying elderly evacuees from Houston exploded in Dallas minutes ago. The highway allowing people to evacuate from Rita endangered area has been closed.

This is all I found so far on the Internet:

Northbound Interstate 45 at Mars Road in Wilmer is closed after fire destroyed a passenger bus. Fire officials said an explosion preceded the fire. There was no word on injuries to passengers. The I-45 northbound service road is also closed.

www.wfaa.com...

No details yet, developing story...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Jeezus, that`s horrible! Who would do such a thing? If this is deliberate, it must be the lowest of the low...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
*In Dallas*
They are talking about this right now on the radio. They said that it was a bus carring elderly people from the Houston area. The bus caught fire as it was moving and that oxygen cylinders were exploding making the fire worse. Evidently they were carrying the oxygen cylinders for health purposes.

One confirmed dead so far, more to come no doubt. You can get around the accident, but it is making a bad situation worse.

*reporter on the scene says*

The Dallas county sherrif dpt. said that there are multiple deaths. There were more than 30 on board when the bus caught fire. We do know the number of deaths since several people were involved in taking people off the bus before the oxygen cylinders caught fire and exploded.

*traffic chopper*
Lots of ambulances trying to get to the bus, but the traffic is making it difficult.

Until this makes national news, you can listen live on wbap.com (As I am doing)

[edit on 23-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Now they're saying 20 dead...brake problems caused sparks that ignited gas tanks and fire was intensified by oxygen tanks aboard. What a strange occurance...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Full story and pictures now available. djohnsto77 summed up the story pretty well.

msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What a tragic turn of events for these poor evacuees.

I hope the death toll number is wrong

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Full story and pictures now available. djohnsto77 summed up the story pretty well.

msnbc.msn.com...

I thought americans had decent busses...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I guess a freak accident means all of our buses suck then eh?

good busses?

hehe most cities dont have mass trans.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Take notice: All the major news media reported "Bus Explodes". We can't believe anything from the media anymore. "New Orleans floods again with Rita" , but they failed to report at the time that the main district was dry from the Industrial Canal West. Only the East flooded.
People buy this crap and pass it on as fact. This goes the same for rapings and killings in the SuperDome "Where are the bodies?". Official reports are of 6 bodies, none have been raped or shot. Four died of natural causes, 1 pushed or fell from a balcony and the other for some other reason. Only one proven case of homicide occured at the convention center. Search on NOLA.com for the info.

The bus caught fire cased by a brake malfunction. This in turn ignited a few oxygen cylinders used by passengers.

new topics

top topics

join