It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News Jetblue landing gear stuck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Turn on the news. Eh!

I pray they have a safe landing

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
currently only a breaking headline on FOX
www.foxnews.com...

145 passengers on the plane

It's Jet Blue flight 292 from Burbank to New York...currently trying to land in Los Angeles.

[edit on 9-21-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
thanks worldwatcher! prayers are with them

I'm was in an emergency foamed runway landing when I was little at JFK airport with my mom. I was too young to remember though but heard the story many times.

There is a very high likelihood of them having a safe landing. I pray they get down safely.

I can't imagine the way they are feeling on that plane right now and family members watching.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
MSNBC has the best coverage right now. i wish them good luck and hope for no loss of life.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
ok cnn is on the bandwagon now. im sure bill o. will soon follow .

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can see landing gear from the tv cams. Must have been stuck down on takeoff?

At least they were taking off and not inbound. They had enough fuel onboard to circle for however long they needed to. Inbound and they might have been close to empty.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm following the story right now on MSNBC. I see some landing gear on the plane though.

Plane just landed, front wheel was messed up. Everything seems to be OK now.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The wheels turned 90 degrees when they turned onto the runway to take off, and froze. Porbably a steering cylinder froze when they turned. There was an o-ring problem with the nose gear on this particular aircraft type that would cause the gear to lock turned to the side.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just watched it live here in the Uk..
Round of applause goes out to the crew on the safe landing.
About time a happy ending come out of the States.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Apparently, the passengers were watching it on tv while it happened. That must have been..... wow!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There were two NBC employees onboard. One of them called in to MSNBC and said it was by far the smoothest landing he's ever had in an airplane.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And there is an ATSNN thread. The live tv coverage is mentioned in that thread too, but I didn`t notice that thread until now. Why are ATS/ATSNN-threads never cross-referenced or linked? Competition? Everybody is not logged in 24 hours a day... Sorry for ranting ( I haven`t had my coffee yet
) . Here :

NEWS: Jet Blue Airbus Makes Emergency Landing (by Nerdling)

top topics

join