It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh I'm Alive K?/ Ask me questions about what happend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
THs thread will proablly be moved to member status but! I HAVENT BEEN ONLINE FOR 3 WEEKS BECAUSE OF KATRINIA! AND I NEVER LEFT MY HOUSE THE WHOLE TIME FROM WHEN THE STORM HIT!

but I am alive and I am OK and this is what I posted in ID so I gues it goes here too.

After two hours of medelling around with my cousins computer, removing his PCI monitor card and internet card and reinstalling perty much all of it I have acomplished the goal of internet connection. Iternet is down at my house but I am alive as tebbo has been keeping you updated. Don't worry about us its Garave you guys want to worry about. I don't know when I will recive internet service again at my house but I hope soon. YOu guys take care and all. and hope for the best for Ritia. I have pictures and movies on my computer but I cant transfer them at this time and the interente connection I am on would take hours to upload. The meida from what I have seen ( I only catch CBS and ABC as opposed to my normal 500+ digital channels) they are portraying it alot worse than it really is. I have been here from the beginging and never left my home. I sat it all out in my house from a stand point view and as my father put it from "The top of the Mountain" I have some stories that I will chronicle in a sens later on and the pictures and vids are to come also. Things are bad though, The destruction is verry high in percentage but this is not the worst case scenario that they keep calling it. THis is agood 60-70% dammage not total destruction. Repairs can and will be made. And as I told my dad during the storm...

"This is not the time lives are lost, this is the time Lives/Men are made."

[edit on 20-9-2005 by Mizar]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
glad to see you online again Mizar

please do share your first hand account of the events as they unfolded if you have the time

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Glad you survived Katrina. Please tell us anything you can about the storm, it's aftermath, and anything you've seen or experienced since then, please?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Glad to hear you're alright Mizar!

Hope you're up and running and full capacity soon.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ok I'll take questions here....

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Mizar what is your opinion on the relief efforts that followed shortly thereafter? Did you see allot of personell on the ground? If so when did they start to arrive in your area?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There is speculation over the level and content of contaminants at this time. Have you noticed any cleanup activity near you or in your area? How are you suriviving down there? Where are you getting food and fresh water from? Do you have running water in addition to electricity at this time?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There is ndeed a lagre military presence here. Last week any shop of importance like a walgreens or a home depot that was open had at least one hummer with 3 aremed gaurds stationed at the entrance and any gas station had them also. Their major base in my area is a minor leauge sports stadium and there are close to a goof 1500 soliders being housed and fed there. I was going there for water and ice int he immeidate weeks following and I saw numerous time them land helocopters not even 300 yards away from me. it was perty awesome. In my nebighorhood we only say 2 cops and 2 hummers over teh course of 3 weeks. But on the streets you will see a good 10 or so duce and half trucks going about if you watch for a good 15 miun or so.

FOr the first 3 days after the storm we never really left the house except to check on my grandparents. and in thoes first few days I rarely even say a local police effort. On monday of the week after I remember seeing trucks of people comming in off US highway 90 from lke Cali, New York and texas from all over the country in squad cars, fire trucks, energy trucks, and rescue crews. THe relief effort was slow to get picked up but when it did it was exclent. I also figure that if you stayed like me you should have had enough supplies for atlest 2 weeks. Then again you had people whose supplies were useless becasue they were in their attics. On the day after the storm (tuesday) we had loads of chopers flying mostly Coasties and local military. by day 3 there was a constant roar of chopers.

THere were problems though. I can literally centimeters from having flood water in my house because at 8 oclock pm sunday of the storm the pump stations were evacuated and could not run on automatically. So the water was just building up. That caused major water problems in my area. I was lucky because I stayed I put down sand bags and the water never enterd my house. where as all my nebighors have pulled up their carpet.

By the end of the 1st week we had clean water to bathe and shawer and I took a nice hot shower on the saturday night. so that wasn't that big of a deal it wasn't until 2 weeeks after last sunday that I got electricity but my phones, tv and internet are down.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Clean up activity is picking up now. THer were removing a tree from ontop of a nebighors house this morning, I am going into work tommorw to help clean up teh buissness and garbage pick up resumed in my area as of yesterday.

I have cfresh runnning water but I also have close to 40 gallons in reserve bottled water. I acuried about 15 gallons form teh military at a loal minor leauge stadium.

On monday major retailers opened and if I need food I can buy it, Wlmarts, walgreens, etc....

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am glad you survived Katrina, Mizar.

Welcome back to ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Mizar, what part are you in? Compared to your story I have been getting conflicting reports from friends who have family down there. I have friends who have family still missing.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Mizar, Welcome back bro, we've missed you.

Glad to hear you missed the brunt of the storm. My old neighborhood in Slidell missed most of the damage, but friends further south (between the lake and Gause) lost it all. It is amazing how some areas were devastated and othes literally untouched.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must make preparations for my own visitor. Miss Rita should be arriving this weekend

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Welcome back Mizar, I had you in my prayers my friend.

I only have one question....hows the Vette? I was so worried

Wupy

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Mizar,

Just wanted to let you know how glad I am to see you posting and that you weathered this storm. I am also glad it sounds you suffered minimal material damage.

Welcome back!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It's great to hear your safe and sound Mizar...

Are you seeing an influx of mosquitoes in your area? Any plans to deal with that if it becomes an issue, if it hasn't already?

What's the general morale of those around you? You mentioned many of your neighbors are in worse shape...Are they taking this in stride?

To your knowledge, do they have plans to strengthen your local levee system, or do they intend to leave those that stood in their present condition?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
glad u are ok. hope u took yer pets, plasma tvs, and other important possessions.
j/k

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
welcome back, Mizar.

I still cant believe you stayed...I mean really. Come on.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Nice to see you on the boards again Mizar! I'm glad to see that you and your loved ones made it through unharmed. Man, that wind had to be pretty frightening when that monster came on shore. I once expierenced a minimal category one hurricane and I thought that was bad so I can't even imagine what you went through. Good luck getting everything back up to speed and I look forward to hearing your story when you finally have the time. Great to see ya back.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I already posted it!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Great to see you back!!!! I worried about you!! Glad things are ok.
joey

new topics

top topics

join