It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World reacts over Katrina (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Leaders and citizens from all over the world react over the destruction left behind from Katrina.

www.cbc.ca
Islamic extremists rejoiced in America's misfortune, giving the storm a military rank and declaring in Internet chatter that "Private" Katrina had joined the global jihad, or holy war. With "God's help," they declared, oil prices would hit $100 US a barrel this year.

Throughout Europe, concerned citizens lamented the loss of life and the damage caused to New Orleans, often described as one of North America's most "European" cities.

The Queen sent a message to Bush saying she was "deeply shocked and saddened" at the devastation caused by the hurricane and expressing her condolences, "especially to the families of those who have lost their lives, to the injured and to all who have been affected by this terrible disaster."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's interesting to see how the world reacts to such an event.

My heart goes out to all the people effected by Katrina, those with missing family or friends: Keep searching and don't lose faith!

God bless..

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
TOP STORY: Martial Law Declared in New Orleans
TOP STORY: Hurricane Katrina Data & Resources Thread

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Useful 1diot]

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Useful 1diot]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
this is a wake up call to all around the world of major storms to come.low lying areas are the most weak spots to live near. large bodys of water will become a problem in the future......

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Does anyone think this submission is bias?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Naw just too short it needs more details before I vote yea or nea.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah, sorry. I was kind of in a rush creating it.

I was just confused when someone voted NO:bias.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No, this is one of the few submissions ive seen thats actually not biased, and to all the mid eastern countries who are jacking up the price of oil, keep it up and you'll start to see less and less of it being purchased.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
its wierd in places like england we're always moaning when it's a bit cold in the winter, or it's raining in the summer, yet compared to many places we have perfect weather.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Canadian relief agencies have moved to help the U.S. states hit by Hurricane Katrina.

Winnipeg-based Mennonite Disaster Service said Wednesday it is gathering donations to help send hundreds of volunteers to rebuild homes.

Link

That's some good news, I'm glad Canada is stepping in to help.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'd be really snarly if Canada didn't step up and send equipment and experts right away. We've had some good experience at flood control around Winnipeg and we also have an amazing group in Hydro One crews who had to deal with the ice storm not all that long ago. I;m sure things are rolling already.

It's times like this when the petty bickering stops and the sleeves get rolled up.

Seeing the countries lining up to send aid should tell you something good about the human race...that there may be some hope for us all yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I quite agree.

I'm British and I have family in Winnipeg. I live in Nottingham UK (Gangland of the UK) and whenever I stay over there I have never seen anything really bad on the news such as murders and so forth (unlike here). Canada in my opinion is a really decent Country.

As for Hurricane Katrina, kinda makes me think of all the ancient prophecies going on about 'The Earth cleansing itself of all the material'. I don't really believe in all that, but I'm one step closer to.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I say "where's the money?"

Anyone remember that when the Tsunami hit, the first thing that was a big issue was where or how much is America going to pay to help out? Well, now let's see even one country offer money to the USA for this disaster.

Won't happen. Just think about it for a minute.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
here's Canada's response Zeddicus Z.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

I highly doubt we'll be the only ones.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm not from New Orleans, but on behalf on the US (no I'm not an official) I'd like to thank the international community thats helping us out in this time of need. I'm glad to see that not everybody hates us.

However I think that those religious extremists are going to be singing a different tune once we return the favor with a weather machine sometime in the future.

new topics

top topics

join