It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP and Hurricane Katrina

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

How much do you actually know about HAARP? Please enlighten me regarding your in depth research regarding HAARP. Because, frankly, this post shows you know little about the operation.

CPYKOmega I worked in military communications for several years. Do you have any idea just how important to HF communications the Ionosphere is?
Further, are you aware of the links between the Ionosphere, the Van Allen Radiation Belt, The interaction between the Earth's and Sun's magnetic fields and natural HF electromagnetic energy?

Every day people all over the world check on the varying heights and densities of the various Ionospheric layers just to be able to predict what HF frequencies will be of the most use for various applications. In the absence of landlines and satellites, HF radio is one of the very few ways we have of communicating over long distances. (There is meteor burst transmission, but it is not really reliable enough for critical applications.)

The energy poured into the Ionosphere by the Sun is many, many orders of magnitude higher that what HAARP is capable of; however, given just the right stimulus at just the right time the Ionosphere can interact with the Van Allen belts (when they lower and become dangerous to sensitive satellites and people) to cause the height and intensity of the Van Allen belts to change, thus lessening or eleminating the danger (at least that's the hope). HAARP may be able to provide the correct stimulus; however, HAARP has no effect on the weather or people that I'm aware of (unless you're talking about people in the same location as HAARP when it transmits). HAARP has nowhere near enough power to radically affect the Ionosphere, much less tectonic activity or the weather.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Do any of you understand what exactly HAARP's magnetometer is measuring?

From what I can see I don't think that thing is measuring HAARP's output I think it is measuring the strength and direction of changes in the earth's magnetic field.

Perhaps somebody more familiar with the website can post a more thorough explanation with some links... Hang on I found this one... www.haarp.alaska.edu... and it confirms that HAARP's magnetometer measures disturbances in the earths magnetic field.

Is there a link to an instrument that actually measures how much juice they are putting out?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Regarding the chart surfsteve posted, don't you find it strange that the magnetometer's data stream stopped flowing on Aug. 30, right before the hurricane made landfall? I went to the HAARP site myself and found the same thing. I did several lookbacks to see if something like this happens periodically, thinking they might occasionally do equipment maintenance or something like that, but the only break in data I found was on Aug. 30. Anyone have any idea why this might be?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wow I didn't even notice that myself. Can you see that chart I posted? I copied it direct and failed to upload somewhere else so I assumed it would would display with an X as a broken link. I was surprised to see the picture on my computer but I assumed that was because I had visited the site and had the necessary files in my temp directory and that nobody else could see it.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You're right... I went back several months and the last break I see was on May 15th thru May 17th. I'll check back further... I see a short break on May 11... and it was down for about a day on March 1st... then it was down for Nov 21st and 22nd... Also upon checking my Calendar I notice both of the two day periods it was down coincide around weekends.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
surfsteve, i checked the magnetometer data stream yesterday and found the same curious break in data, which is why i immediately noticed it on your graph. i didn't look back far enough to find the break in may. perhaps that indicates a quarterly maintenance schedule?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
HAARP is in Alaska therefore out of the horizon line of the Gulf of Mexico, I can't see how electromagnetic waves that travel in a straight line could directly affect that area. It could possibly affect the jet stream going nearby, but that would take at least days to propagate and it would be impossible to steer or affect a hurricane so precisely.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't see anything concrete that indicates Katrina was man made but I'll be damn just when everything was looking bleak for the Busshies another 9-11 happens to pull them out and save their butts. At this point all I can do is ask my self what the hell is going on?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't own a TV and this might be slightly off topic but the day after the hurricane hit I was at the dump and the attendant there who wasn't exactly a rocket scientist was talking to another guy about the hurricane and he all of a sudden burst out and said "I just wish I could go over to Iraq and kick some ass... as if the hurricane was all Iraq's fault. At that moment I realized just how much trouble we are in and how brainwashed people have become from the media. Sometimes I think if I would just go back to watching TV that everything would seem ok and I would be safe back in the matrix.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
how nikola tesla's legacy lives on.

this is all his technology that we are fighting for today,
Haarp is tesla's patant
as is the death ray(starwars)
and free energy, all created in the 30's by this incredible man
so this thread is a valid point

PKD

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
it's obvious that HAARP created this storm. What scares me more is the number of disinformation agents that prowl these boards. Every single factor in this storm has pointed the conspricay finger at the Bush admin and their ties to controlling the media, FEMA and the weather. Obviously the United States would go into a state of panic if any of this information went public through the mass media, which is why ATS has so many CIA shocktroops sending out disinformation. True, they are simply doing their jobs, but that Bush dynasty is just sinister. pure devildry.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was just thinking about the missing gaps... I do think that they are suspicious and if there were any kind of "tests" that they didn't want anybody to know about they would obviously take down any of the equipment they owned that would give it away.

Honestly? I don't think weather modification would be an easy thing to prove... what happened is awfully dang peculiar but aren't there loads of these magnetometers all over the world that would exhibit similar phenomenon? I mean from looking at the picture of one it doesn't look like that sophisticated of a device please correct me if I am wrong as I am not an expert in this... Also in one of the articles I read I believe it said there was a bunch of these HAARP places all over the world and each country has a different acronym for... wouldn't some of them have magnetometers as well? Maybe there's some university somewhere that had one going though I'm not sure what it would prove.

Also I've been unable to find out anything to my satisfaction about scalar technology and what it is (only what it does) and if it's linked to HAARP and if so how... and how specifically a magnetometer would relate and react to it. I will look into it further if I get more time or if any ideas pop into my head.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Link

this is a website of a meteorologist who has looked at lots of satelite pics, weather forecasts, etc. and thinks somehtin's up. Has an interesting arial photo of the eyewall of Katrina:
ImageLink

from this site (somewhere):

Link

but of course this doesn't mean haarp necessarilly did it...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
I'm not much of a HAARP did it fan either, and I have looked into it several times. If Katrina was engineered, it would be counter productive to destroy your own infrastructure, too easy to make HAARP a scapegoat, and bring the wrath of the UN down on the nation.

Weather control, as well as "weather tampering", is expressly forbidden dating from at least December 10, 1976

The catch there is that hostile use was banned against "any other State Party" but says nothing about use on your own country.

www.opcw.org...

"ARTICLE I

1. Each State Party to this Convention undertakes not to engage in military or any other hostile use of environmental modification techniques having widespread, long-lasting or severe effects as the means of destruction, damage or injury to any other State Party."

Note, I'm not saying that Katrina or Rita were "engineered" but there were a few red flags such as the 90 degree turn katrina made just off the Florida coast. Usually storms "curve" since they tend to follow fronts and pressure systems and since these are never square the 90 degree turn was a bit unusual.

[edit on 30/9/05 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PKD
it's obvious that HAARP created this storm.

Never realised 'obvious' and 'impossible' were synonyms.....

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've personally seen alot of strange weather occurences in my travels. When I was in western Canada I met a guy who told me that there was going to be a series of natural disasters in south east asia. This was in last August, four monthes in advance of the sunami there.

If they know in advance then they must have some, if not total control of the weather. On another siting I watched as the clouds broke revealing some sort of large craft (UFO). I suspect that Haarp and some extraterestrials are in control of the weather. And I belelive they are not very nice.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I do not think that the science exists, yet, to create weather. I do strongly believe that the science exists to manipulate weather. The storms/tsunamis are acts of God.....but what if those very conditions that influence their path/intensity are 'mangeable'? Look at my signature file - the snapshot shows an occurence ( boats eminating microwaves?) . Folks make some strong arguments on something which 'pushed' Katrina in direct line with NOLA or moved Rita from cetain landfall points in Texas, on this site here.

......"whatever those 5 spots are, they definitely are not an artifact and they are the cause of rita turning north a few miles ahead of schedule. they seem to be directed from corpus christi. my presumption is that they are ships. we have high powered microwave weapons , ship mounted, in the 90-110 GHZ range which overlaps the radar freq. used in the animation. i worked on the first ones in 1983. contract was NSG through DOD. they heat a thin surface layer of any watery target (like raindrops-though that wasnt the original intent) they are aiming UP toward top of rita. you found a definite "something" ...."

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
EXCELLENT find Bout time, definite satellite evidence of SOMETHING unnatural whatever it is

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
So where did those radar images come from? How come no-one monitoring Katrina noticed anything whatsoever unusual at the time?

Who'd you trust? A conspiracist with photoshop or a meteorologist?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Me, I trust no one....but the meterologist calling a conspiracy warrants a listen and a view of the anomolies he sees, no?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join