It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...who carries?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Just wondering who around here carries? Yes I am talking about guns. Who here carries a weapon, concealed or otherwise? What kind of gun do you carry? Or if you could what gun would you choose?

I carry a G17.

I usually carry it everyday. When I go to the crappy part of town or just when I'm going to the grocery store. I live in a great neighborhood. I'm not afraid to be without a gun I'm just not going to be victimized by some worthless low life. I'm not a bad guy and I don't want to be a hero.

I guess I think this way partially because of something that happened a few years ago. Some guys tried to kill me and a friend of mine for no particular reason and luckily we were able to hide. They must have thought we were long gone because they didn't really look around for us very long. If they had they definately would have found us and pumped us full of lead.

Just senseless and random. I got lucky and after that experience I refuse to lie down and be a victim. There have been lesser incidents that have reaffirmed my position. I will not let anyone hurt my family or I'll die trying.

It's not my intention to debate these points though. Just curious as to who's packing around here.

(i looked around and this seems to be the most appropriate forum)

[edit on 26-8-2005 by imas]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It's very difficult to be able to carry any weapon in Canada unless you break the law to do it. I know I would feel much safer in public with a little protection under my parka or at least something to protect my home if necessary, but alas we can't even legally shoot an intruder unless he tries to kill you first.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm not familiar with Canada's deadly force laws or the case law involving it. Is pointing a gun at you reason to shoot?

If an intruder pointed a gun at me I don't think I would worry about the law. I would rather my family be alive and me in jail than have them raped and murdered.

Canada is pretty bad about guns.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You guys know its illegal in the US too, right? Unless you have a permit...

I carry a 357, but only for bears, mountain lions and rattlesnakes. And I wear it on my toolbelt.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by jacquio999]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Switzerland requires all citizens to own a rifle. Require everyone be trained on the proper way to use that rifle, and have inspections to MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A RIFLE. I find it rather amusing that you get in trouble for NOT having a gun. But, theyve managed to stay out of 2 world wars and have an almost 0 crime rate and a booming culture.

I think there is something to learn from this.

I have no conceal and carry permit (really no sense in me getting a gun without one), want to get it. Although with the current laws, im more scared of waco type events than i am of some thugs trying to take money from me. (Been robbed twice at gun point). If i do get a gun it be a glock17c for the following reasons.

1) Reliablity obviously
2) If im aiming, its to kill not to maim. So a high caliber projectile is not needed.
3) Price

[edit on 26-8-2005 by senseless04]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thats crazy. I heard in Swizerland Its illegal to slam a car door. Why is that? And why the weird rifle law?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If you're a citizen of switzerland, then you're in the military. If there is an invading force, it's everyones obligation to repell that force.

I may not be exactly politically correct with that one.. With so much to research, that isnt very high on my list. I was intrigued because i've never heard of them going to war.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I don't have a gun (only 15), but I've found a way to conceal a machete

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacquio999
You guys know its illegal in the US too, right? Unless you have a permit...

Well to start there is no Federal law that makes it illegal. It is state law that has done this and most states do have a "concealed carry license."

Also there is no law on the books that requires a handgun in the US to be registered. Nor do you need any sort of permit to own one. Maybe a couple of states have some registration laws.

As I tried to convey above, I am a responsible, honest, and law abiding citizen. I do have a license to carry a concealed weapon. Since I do carry a weapon it may be safe to bet that I have looked into the legality of it.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just don't like that sort of "HEY THATS ILLEGAL" sort of attitude. When in many cases what is being portrayed as illegal is actually not.

That attitude and manner of speaking is why so many people think it is illegal to own a Full Auto or a suppressor (silencer) when in fact it is legal. If you fill out the right paper work and pay the special tax, you'll have yourself one.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by senseless04
Switzerland requires all citizens to own a rifle. Require everyone be trained on the proper way to use that rifle, and have inspections to MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A RIFLE. I find it rather amusing that you get in trouble for NOT having a gun. But, theyve managed to stay out of 2 world wars and have an almost 0 crime rate and a booming culture.

I think there is something to learn from this.

I have no conceal and carry permit (really no sense in me getting a gun without one), want to get it. Although with the current laws, im more scared of waco type events than i am of some thugs trying to take money from me. (Been robbed twice at gun point). If i do get a gun it be a glock17c for the following reasons.

1) Reliablity obviously
2) If im aiming, its to kill not to maim. So a high caliber projectile is not needed.
3) Price

Yeah, I know, they chose that tactic...
Understandeble, the country doesn't need a army, and the citizens can be mobalised faster!!!

About Switzerland not interfiering in the WW2, You'd be surprised. yes, no military troopps were in the country, but that wasn't because they were scared to cross the boarder. There were plenty (Russian) spies in thé country, and the Germans did all they could to catch them...

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

There is my baby. Only difference is that the rail is blacked out, I have Hogue grips and Trijicon Night Sight. I have a CCW permit.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I care deeply for what is happening in America and around the world. Yet, I do not carry a weapon. Have never needed one and never found the occasion to wish I had.

Crime doesn't go away and locking people up does not solve that issue. It only leaves them without the ability to get back some normalcy. Often it forces them into crime since they have no other means to subsist.

On the other hand carrying a weapon often leads to people being more aggressive than they normally would and protective of their rights while violating the rights of others.

Either way it is sad when we must use deadly force to protect our life, liberties, and property.

If one must use force to protect these things, it is far more humane to use deadly force. I learned in the Marine Corps dead men tell no lies.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by imas
I'm not familiar with Canada's deadly force laws or the case law involving it. Is pointing a gun at you reason to shoot?

If an intruder pointed a gun at me I don't think I would worry about the law. I would rather my family be alive and me in jail than have them raped and murdered.

Canada is pretty bad about guns.

Canada is EXTREMELY bad about guns. The firearms act is largely gibberish from politicians who have never seen a gun in their lives.

Yes, pointing a gun at you would be reason to shoot. But that's guaranteed trial time in front of a jury who likely aren't gun owners either. Fifty fifty chance of going to jail for the rest of your life.

There are provisions for concealed carry, however. The first is if a gun is required by your lawful profession (eg. you can prove you're a cop or a bodyguard). The second is for 'personal protection' , which entails actually proving that your life in such threat that it warrant concealed carry...which is almost impossible.

While crime is still pretty low up here, I'm not sure how long we can keep it up. Less police officers and more illegal guns coming across the border is making things dangerous.

DE

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Carry a Glock .40cal 24/7 (then again I'm law enforcement)

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
1911-A Colt 45.

The best handgun in the world

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I carry a Glock 35 or G22. The 2nd A. is all I need.

Roper

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't carry, I've never really seen a need for it where I live.

If I did carry something it'd probably be the PPK, I love that thing

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I carry two big guns, and even sleep with them. They're with me everywhere I go, and are extremely deadly

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
well i dont have any guns im 15... but i do have a nice pellet gun... 1000 fps... im hoping on getting a blank gun if i can get my mom to buy 1 for me... im maybe going to get a bulletproof vest around sept 15th... any1 know of any pistols that cost less than 500 (with 2 clips)???

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Under $500? There are lots of handguns you can get for that. Do a search on Glock Talk forum and you will find numerous threads listing what you can get. I will list a few examples that I think are pretty good guns.

- New Glocks are easy to find under $500 and are one of the best firearms you can buy. You can get used ones from private owners between $400 and 450. You can get police trade in's for around $350 (a little finish wear but still good)
- Bulgarian Makarovs can be found for around $150 and their reliability rivals any pistol on the market. They have decent accuracy and 9X18 is a potent enough round. They are Russian design and I'd say the Makarov is to pistols what the AK-47 is to rifles.
- Springfield makes a MilSpec 1911 that is excellent quality and they can easily be found for $400 - $450.
- I know a guy that got a stainless Colt 1991 model 1911 for $400. He bought it from a private individual over the internet. That was a great find. You can expect to pay more like $650 if you find a good deal on one.
- the ruger pictured above should be under $350
- if you look around enough you can find a Beretta for under $500
- Taurus makes a Beretta clone for $350 - 400 or so
- Taurus also makes excellent revolvers
- Ruger GP100 357mag is one of my favorite revolvers prices range from $230 (police trade in) to $400 or so for a new one
- there are many other revolver selections
*there are many smith and wessons that can be had under $500
*eaa windicator $200 - 250
*rossi revolvers $175 - 250

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join