It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before it was known

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For all the major religions, there is a basic starting point. Also, they all basicly say believe in us or you go to hell. Well, what about all the people who lived and died before that religion was known/existed?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Its really only the Abrahamian based religions that say "believe in us to be saved" (I.e, Christianity, Islam, and Judiasm) Pretty much every other religion is much more open ended, and are more of just guiding points on how to live your life better, then to find salvation.

Life would have been no different without these religions either, except, well, with the exception of a reduction in wars based on religious indifference. People still went on with theyre lives, obeyed, or broke, the law, and worked to feed theyre families.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by noosnomrm
For all the major religions, there is a basic starting point. Also, they all basicly say believe in us or you go to hell. Well, what about all the people who lived and died before that religion was known/existed?

We are still here, until you all get it right.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, i belive that there is a fluke rule for those people, for atill today people could go their intire lives without hearing of God or Jesus, that they go to heaven atomaticly, something about 'They knowest not what they do" or something like that.

As for where they all begin, i think they all spawn from the one true God [whoever it be to you] and all the other religions were creations of God to keep his children diverse, and i'm guessing he put angles in charge of them, so that none oft eh religions would have obvius ties to one another, because he wouldn't want everyone to get the same lesson the same way, where's the fun in that? i don't mean that in a sarcastic way, but God is immortal, he must get board every couple of millinia, i know i would...do you think he bowls?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Since you're speaking of Hell, that would be Christianity. So, let's turn to what the Book has to say about it:

Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books."

Revelation 20:15 "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

Wow!
Sounds rough! Is there any way to know now whether or not that'll happen? There is:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16

*closes the book* The rest, my friends, is just details.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

For all the major religions, there is a basic starting point.
Which, for the most part is man, and not God.

Also, they all basicly say believe in us or you go to hell.
An idea born from insecurities--which rules out divine origin, as well.

Well, what about all the people who lived and died before that religion was known/existed?
Maybe they went ahead of everyone else, in order to build hell and set up administration before inventing the religion! That way the first to die in the new religion has no worries about having no place to go in the event they fail miserably at insecurity..

(where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?!?)

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Its really only the Abrahamian based religions that say "believe in us to be saved" (I.e, Christianity, Islam, and Judiasm) Pretty much every other religion is much more open ended, and are more of just guiding points on how to live your life better, then to find salvation.

So the rulers of these religions only wanted some attention and believers to come into their religion? Sounds like fake religions!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No, they dont ALL say 'believe in us or you go to hell'.
No one can judge and sentence someone to hell, other then He who has the Power to do this....Judgement day will be to all people.

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left …" See also: John 5:22-29, Mt. 16:27, 7:21-23, 11:22-24, 12:35-42, 13:37-43, 19:29-30, 25:31-46, Acts. 17:31, Jude 14-15, 2 Cor. 5:10, Rom. 2:5-7, 14:10, 1 Cor. 4:5, Eph. 6:8, Col. 3:24-25, 2 Thes. 1:6-10, 2 Tim. 4:1, Rev. 20:11-15).

Basic starting point began in the Garden of Eden.......
The Devil disguised himself as a serpant.........jealousy
There's more...........

IX
helen

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Bible is a historical record. Of course many will argue about the validity of the Bible but it still remains a historical record of events.

The entire old testament happened before Jesus and Christianity but yet those people talked about, acknowledged, and worshipped the one true God.

The Bible claims that Adam and Eve, the first humans to ever exist, knew God. In fact, all of Adam's and Eve's descendents knew God and many existed before Jesus and Christianity. We are the descendents of Adam and Eve and we all know God. Of course I realize that some of us choose to deny knowing Him, but that doesn't mean that we don't know of Him. It only means that we have made a choice to deny Him.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkers

The Bible claims that Adam and Eve, the first humans to ever exist, knew God. In fact, all of Adam's and Eve's descendents knew God and many existed before Jesus and Christianity. We are the descendents of Adam and Eve and we all know God. Of course I realize that some of us choose to deny knowing Him, but that doesn't mean that we don't know of Him. It only means that we have made a choice to deny Him.

This is complete bogus and here is a simple illustration as to why.

If i ask some aboriginal in africa or australia about Jesus, i think they'd look at me with a pretty puzzled face. Are these people choosing to deny Jesus or are they simply ignorant to the fact he ever existed?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by checkers

Quote/ from LuDaCrIs/
This is complete bogus and here is a simple illustration as to why.
If i ask some aboriginal in africa or australia about Jesus, i think they'd look at me with a pretty puzzled face. Are these people choosing to deny Jesus or are they simply ignorant to the fact he ever existed?
So, tell me.....have you asked some aboriginal about Jesus?

As a matter of fact......YES!
They not only LAUGH at the thought of the people being evolved but for mankind to exist for millions of years is simply non existent for them.
Which simply rules out that man has evolved(aboriginals answer).......based on you question.

There was a talk amongst Aboriginals and their Ancestors and many of them testified that there is a HIGHER being......which only proves that ,though there was no one to tell them this, but that man desires something higher then themselves.

All people have free will and can do as they please......you either become a servant of God...who loves you.
Or you become a servant of the Devil.......who loves to see you fall and stay fallen.

IX
helen

[edit on 8/19/2005 by helen670]

[edit on 8/19/2005 by helen670]

top topics

join