It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Going On???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I just heard tonight, from a neighbor, that somewhere, possible here in the state I live in, that a tanker tipped over, and a major distributer of gas shut down, for seemingly no reason.
She said on the news, they stated a projected 45cent increase per gallon because of this.

If this is so, gas will be $3.00+ here in the next few weeks.

Now this makes me wonder, first the London bombings, now the sudden HUGE jump in gas prices.... is something about to happen here in the US?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I feel like its only a matter of time.....and not too long at that. Just think about all of the speculation on the year 2012, thats only 7 years away. I don't even know if i give the world that before choas breaks.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The end of cheap oil...and who knows, the world doesn't exactly look in top shape right now.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Many psychics have predicted something happening around October 2005, if Im not mistaken. There are many things that can happen like another terrorist attack, yellowstone eurupting, a civil war, etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigPimpin
Many psychics have predicted something happening around October 2005, if Im not mistaken. There are many things that can happen like another terrorist attack, yellowstone eurupting, a civil war, etc.

What?

Physics plays little role in terror.
Yellowstone will erupt soon...like 100,000 year soon.
Civil war is a sociology thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i believe they were speaking of mediums not actual scientists type physics. but yes we are in tough shape and think we're only what 200 years old? so many problems for such a young nation

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Since there hasn't actually been this jump in gas prices from an 'overturned tanker', I'd think that its far too early to start talking about the conspiracy behind it no??

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selective_ID

Now this makes me wonder, first the London bombings, now the sudden HUGE jump in gas prices.... is something about to happen here in the US?

What sudden jump in Gas prices..?
You speculate on a rumor and form a worry over it?

You worry about something that might happen based on something that hasn't happened?

Did your neighbor tell you if it was a tanker "truck" or tanker as in ship?

If it is a ship and it tipped in your state that would be news indeed. LOL.
If it was a truck, how exactly would one truck out of 15,000 cause a jump in prices and the close of a "major distributor".

I think you watched "Oil Storm" once too many times.

Also in reply to the "Many psychics have predicted something happening around October 2005, if Im not mistaken." comment.

Yea, right. Psychics have a great track record including predicting 9/11 When nothing comes to pass in 2005, they will shift to October 2006.

Theres a lot of buzz for 2012 as well.

The 2012 craze as of late is just another way for people to talk and worry other people over nothing. After 2012, it will be 2021, and then 2026 and so on...

YOU ALL WORRY TOO MUCH!
RELAX!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No rumor, my neighbor said it was on the channel WAND in Illinois.
They said that a gas place in Illinois closed down for no reason, and they also said something about a 45 cent gas raise.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have heard all these predictions about 2012 being the end of the world and I think this is just like the big Y2K scare.

What could their possibly be a civil war over in this country?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndigoBird
What could their possibly be a civil war over in this country?

The Patriot Act 2

new topics

top topics

join