It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to post a link,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well looking around the board there seems to be alot of long links floating around, So i just want to make aware to all how to post a link so it appears and text, like Click here, Skynews

STEP 1

see the little world icon

click that then you will see a box appear

STEP 2

in this first box.... write in your title Example *Click here* * Link* or *SKynews*

STEP 3

Now put in your link! and hit ok and when you post reply then your link will appear as txt.

Thats it!

Please use this post to have a go if you are unsure and want to give it a try.

Asala

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just a quick note to clarify that if you do this while editing a post the original text will disappear!

Don't panic!

Simply select and "copy" the formatted link inserted in place of your text and then hit "undo" to get your original text back, then click "paste" where you want it to go in the text.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
wat about links that dont seem to work the way it suppose to. somtimes i try to fix it but it doesnt work.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Can you give an example or some more details, deltaboy? Unless there is a special reason why it's not working, there's probably just a small error that has been overlooked.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
l ink

here is one i try to deal with, i have no idea why it wont link, as well as make it red. maybe u experts can deal with it. i believe in u guys.

edit: tried to edit this link. The link was wong. In copying it from the original, three letters were left off, so the link itself was no good.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
l ink

here is one i try to deal with, i have no idea why it wont link, as well as make it red. maybe u experts can deal with it. i believe in u guys.

H ere is your link

y our bracket was facing the wrong way, maybe

the bracket after the link was facing the wrong way, I think. I've edited this to correct the width of the thread.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'll give it another try later.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
t esting

seems like I go it to work

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I certainly won't click on a 'blind' link unless, of course, it's from a seasoned ATSer. (I also don't take rides from strangers
)

I figure that others may feel the same, so I tend to post the actual link to a referenced site since I do not post regularly; however, I'd never post a loooong link without using tiny url (or the ATS url link). Then, I still anounce the website.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sour Grapes, I guess I can see your point, maybe. Although I don't think it's a problem here. I tend to think if members tried sneaky stuff like that, it would be rather quickly defused.

And FWIW, you can still see the link by hitting the quote button if you are concerned about flaky websites.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I certainly won't click on a 'blind' link

You can also use the right hand button on your mouse to bring up the properties to view the actual link.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Any worthwhile browser will show you the destination somewhere when you mouse over it. Suffice to say, though, it's always wise to have a little bit of discretion with you when online.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

And FWIW, you can still see the link by hitting the quote button if you are concerned about flaky websites.

Thanks, I didn't know this.

(sorry
'bout
the
one-
liner
)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I'm going to give this a go on here before I make a twit of myself!

Link to thread

[edit on 28/6/2008 by A curious cat]

[edit on 28/6/2008 by A curious cat]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
test

thats not right...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by A curious cat

Well it works but I had trouble when I changed the colour and then changed it again
Theres so many brackets to get right I think I will keep it simple.
It seems quite a straightforward procedure though, lucky for me.

Thank you Asala for the lesson

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Cool, it's good to have a place to try this stuff out. Thank you Moderators for your guidance and help.

www.metalands.com...

how about photos.. (the little button with the monitor and art palette)

(same image)

so it makes an external link.. do I just not have enough points to upload to ATS yet? or something else?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
[edit on 8/9/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

top topics

join