It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Huge Industrial Explosion and Fire in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
BREAKING: Explosions and fire has broken out at the Valley Solvents industrial chemical plant near Fort Worth, Texas. Dozens of explosions, fireballs and massive smoke emerging from plant. Many casualties possible...

NBC 5
FORT WORTH, Texas -- Several explosions are occuring and flames are spewing from a building in the industrial section of north Fort Worth.

The fire has engulfed a building on Bethlehem between just east of Interstate 35-W and west of Sylvania, several blocks north of 28th Street.

Thick, black smoke is spewing into the sky and can be seen for several miles.
Stay with NBC 5 and nbc5i.com for more details in this breaking story.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow, sounds horrible...I hope poisonous material doesn't get released.

[edit on 7/28/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No serious Injuries have been reported so all looks well.

[edit on 7/28/2005 by shots]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
well i hope its nothing too serious

i'll have to watch this one

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
According to THIS webpage, the residents near Valley Solvents need to be very worried.

Don't play this down, it's pretty serious..

"This is a very, very dangerous situation and it is a very large, massive piece of land that's on fire here," said Anita Foster, of the Red Cross - Chisholm Trail Chapter. "And so we just want to take care of all those fire department personnel and then just make sure that residents … especially those driving up and down roadways … are taking extreme caution."

More than 100 firefighters at the scene were instructed to stay back for their safety, according to NBC 5 reports.

They werent even fighting this fire.. they let it burn.

I'd be curious to see how many residents will be affected by the chemical release.. even if they cloud traveled up, an enviromental release of any kind (spill, leak, etc) of some of those chemicals listed on the above page could be devastating.

[edit on 7/28/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Its not all the uncommon to just let a fire bun out if there is not life being thretened by it at the time.
But I am worried for everyone else that will be breating in all the toxins and eating it when it gets into the food chain.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
According to THIS webpage, the residents near Valley Solvents need to be very worried.

Don't play this down, it's pretty serious..

I do not think so. If it were indeed a very serious situation they would have residents evacuate the area and that has not been the case, all they have done is told them to stay inside.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
2 Texas Towns in the same day? This one and THIS ONE ?

Sabotage maybe?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Next to New Jersey, Texas may be the most combustible state in the Union. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is targeting BP because of those horrendously repulsive commercials they've been running for the last six months or so.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I wouldn't be surprised if someone is targeting BP because of those horrendously repulsive commercials they've been running for the last six months or so.

Totally agree there...plus the conspiracy of trying to get people to believe they're really Beyond Petroleum not British Petroleum. I think they want Americans to think its a domestic company.

[edit on 7/28/2005 by djohnsto77]

top topics

join