It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, we're all being mind controlled....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So, we're all being mind controlled....

... by TETRA, chemtrails, TV, mobile phones, flouride, Aspartame, e colours, The Tweenies, HAARP, miscellaneous secret government projects, video games and Bob the Builder...

So why are we all aware of it and why do we have enough freedom of thought to come onto a place like this and write about it?
Why do we question the world we live in and our governments actions?

I'm sure that the EM fields generated do have some effect, but maybe it is a genuine side effect and not some conspiracy.

I still can't understand why we have any free thought if all these things are really happening and are there to control us.

If they are trying to control us they are doing a pretty crap job of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
If they are trying to control us they are doing a pretty crap job of it.

Amen to that!

Perhaps we have more control over our thoughts than some would like us to believe.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I feel like I'm talking to brainwashed people everyday.

Maybe all this mind control stuff only works on those who want to be controlled. Like with hypnotism .

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Mind control works so well it makes you believe in the illusion of freewill. So we go thru life thinking we are making our own decisions when in reality the puppet masters have coded a false sence of "freewill" into their program. Don't sell these evil ****** short. The aspertame, haarp, floride, etc theories are disinfo designed to lead you from the real subtle mindcontrol agents that are right in front of your faces. They got you right where they want you; in front of a computer screen. As long as you're playing with your mouse; you are not out in the streets makin trouble. And for the rabbel that cant afford computers or xbox or ipod they got TV and alcohol and drugs. They don't have to control everybody just the few that really worry them. It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Or it could simply be that there is no mass mind control going on. Besides, the evidence for it is lacking QUITE a lot.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Or it could simply be that there is no mass mind control going on. Besides, the evidence for it is lacking QUITE a lot.

It sure would be lame mind control if there was EVIDENCE for it.
How does it feel to live in the monkey house and not be aware

of it. Fun huh!
I love it!!!

[edit on 27-7-2005 by whaaa]

[edit on 27-7-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If they are trying to control us they are doing a pretty crap job of it

Are they?

It's not brainwashing it's psychological control, methods developed by Nazi scientists during WWII, and then perfected over the years after the scientists were bought to the States.

You are told what and how to think on a daily basis. Not just by government but by corporations, who want to sell you something.
The gov sells you "safety and freedom", the corporations gas guzzling cars and fashion.

And the thing is it's a self perpetuating process. They don't need to brainwash us because we do it to our selfs.

If we were not psychologically pushed into thinking a certain way, when I look out at the population I would see real diversity. But no, I see a bunch of people who look, think, dress, eat, the same way.

It's naive to think that we are not psychologically controlled, by being constantly told lies and bombarded daily with dis-info and myths about how you as a Human Being, with a mind of your own, is supposed live their lives.

And people fall for it, it's doesn't have to be forced on us with anything more than the fear of being made an outsider for not fitting the mold.

Fear is our most powerful emotion, and it is used to control and manipulate us in many many ways.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe a simple compare and contrast exercise between Before and After 9/11, would show whether or not we mind-controlled slave...or not?

Is life better now or then?...

Due to problem-reaction-solution tactics, a lot of people are willing to give up their freedom to get more security...!

Still not a mind-controlled slave yet!

A good slave is the one who doesn't know that he/she is one in the first place...

Technology is supposed to help people/workers do their job more efficiently and effectively...instead they end up working for more 40 hours (no overtime for Salary based employee...that's too bad!)

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Mr Anok

Damn, you nailed it!! That fashion deal has got me real bad. I cant wait to get me some of them high heeled pointy toed shoes.

If thats not evidence of women being mind controlled, I dont know what is.

But, "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
C.G. Jung introduced the concept of collective unconscious into psychology in order to explain inter-cultural phenomena and humankind's ubiquitous symbolism in mythology. Similarly, I propose a "collective thinking" or "collective thought" that sustains the continuous existence and order of the world. We are normally not aware of the background state of collective thought, since our world is embedded in the individual daylight thinking. Nevertheless, the world we think to perceive and think to be existent outside of ourselves is only a projection of collective thinking.

But what happens when that projection is flawed? What happens when the projection of collective thinking is manufactured?

At what point do we, as a collective world, discern whats really going on in the world with whats being presented to us. It's quite obvious by the change in tone that the American people are now 'against' the war on Iraq, but at the time of war, we were encouraging it based solely on what we've been told. You could even link this very same tactic of smearing Iraq, as the current smearing of Iran. The government, using the media, projected war; and we bit.

"The terrorists want to attack our country and harm our citizens. They believe that the world's democracies are weak, and that by killing innocent civilians they can break our will. They're mistaken. America will not retreat in the face of terrorists and murderers. And neither will the free world. As Prime Minister Blair said after the attacks in London, 'Our determination to defend our values and our way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people.' The attack in London was an attack on the civilized world. And the civilized world is united in its resolve: We will not yield. We will defend our freedom."

-- President George W. Bush
FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia
July 11, 2005

hyperlink: The War on Terror -- www.whitehouse.gov...

With the rise of ubiquitous networked communication due to the internet and its enhancement by mobile access anytime, anywhere, our capacities for effective problemsolving both on the practical and the more abstract levels have vastly increased.

But a study recently done by the 2004 Budapest Mobile Communications conference shows that such a vast networked communication tool such as the internet is, in the long term, damaging our attention spans, critical thinking skills, as well as the loss of the ability to concentrate, to plan, and to work with complex ideas.

"There is a time for speaking and communicating; but there should also be a time for thinking, for
meditation, for contemplation, for concentration, for reflection, for introspection, for internal talk within oneself and, perhaps, with the inhabitants of the self."

The study went on to note that the young are showing a lack of becoming autonomous, self-directed individuals and seem to be believing everything they read, hear, or watch. Long are the days of disconnecting and coming to an educated, researched conclusion.

With the construction of the Office of Strategic Influence in late 2001, one has to wonder just how much influence is being presented to foreign media sources. Oh, wait, OSI was closed right? No, it was just renamed. Gotcha!

* February 26, 2002: Rumsfeld announces the decision by Douglas Feith to close the Office of Strategic Influence.

* November 18, 2002: Rumsfeld states in an interview that the Office of Strategic Influence was closed down only by name, that the office still exists and fulfills its original purpose.

Hyperlink: en.wikipedia.org...

But alas, it doesnt stop at OSI, you also have the US Army PSYOP Branch which is intended to convey selected information and indicators to specific foreign audiences to influence their emotions, motives, objective reasoning, and ultimately the behavior of governments, organizations, groups, and individuals. The purpose of psychological operations is to induce or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator's objectives.

So where do we draw the line in foreign audiences? It would be apparent that we, the people of the world, are quite foreign in the inner workings of our governments. Am I wrong?

The problem presented by injecting false or misleading news items into foreign media is that there is no longer a foreign media. With advances in communications brought to us by the Internet, satelitte TV, and the like, everyone, everywhere seems to be presenting the same material. So where do you draw the line of influencing foreign media and influencing the collective thought of the world? There is seperation. It's all the same.

Some people point out websites such as ATS, and argue that we're fighting the noble cause of discerning the misinformation and presenting the truth. I argue that we're doing nothing more then discerning the truth amongst ourselves, and not pushing to further project our views into the media. The internet is so packed full of misinformation, either posted by ignorant individuals (rense, prisonplanet), or from government sponsored disinfo agencies, that the collective public has become apathetic to the search for truth.

The mainstream media is the means by which the American people are deprived of the information they need to motivate them to clamor for the much-needed government reforms and the impeachment of the criminals in government who are perpetrating terrorist activities around the world, terrorist activities that will increase dramatically and eventually come to roost on our own doorstep.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
One of the methods, well developed, used to keep the masses apathetic to wards politics, those that control the politics and what is really going on is consumerism and it's products.

Society has got to the point where the population is happy and considers itself "free" as long as it has it's cars, T.V.'s, computers, entertainment etc...
And the powers that be are quite happy to supply us with this "entertainment" and perpetuate the myth that wealth and possessions equals freedom.
It's a win win situation for "them", they make money from the purchase of their "entertainment" and it keeps the population in a constant fantasy world that has nothing to do with real "liberty".

Your car and your "payment" is what keeps you from questioning and discovering what real liberty is about.
Your mortgage is what keeps you from questioning what the "powers that be" are really up to.
It's the obsession with material possessions and the life long struggle to obtain those possessions that make us slaves to those in control.
It's the perception, perpetuated by those in control using the media, that to be excepted as normal you must "keep up". And that means slaving for hours in a job you hate, just to buy those things you think you have to have.
A simple example, buying a pair of shoes you only wear once, is a total smack in the face to any one who can't afford to be "normal".
Not to mention the total waste of resources, labour, time, sweat...

Just think if all the effort put in creating things that we really don't need is put into fixing our world problems (starvation, wars, so called terrorism etc...) We would far more advanced as a civilised world than we are now.

But those in control are not interested in our development as spiritual, free thinking, creative, caring Human Beings. Their concern is the next billion dollars they can make and how best they can utilise the population, at their disposal, to help them reach their goal.
That's why the world is full of wonderfull contraptions but we are spiritualy dead. The Bible warned us about that. Hands up you Christians, the most gullible group there is. Not because they believe in a higher being (I do myself) but because they have been conditioned to think that Christianity is about supporting right wing fascist agends and that their wealth is a gift from God for being a Christian.
I have heard soo many rich people thank Jesus for their million dollar house. Do these people actually read the Bible? Most of them get their perception of Christianity from the media. Because the population has been dumned down and duped into believing that no one in "authority" would lie or decieve them.

The population has been dumbed down and conditioned to ignore their own true inner beliefs and desires, and to except a pre-destined life path designed to turn you into nothing but a slave for the ruling elites.

Just look at the majority of people. Totally predictable, because they all think the same. Because their thoughts are not there own true feelings, just emotional, reactionary concepts psychologically implanted into our thought patterns by the use of media, school, church etc...
Nothing is a more obvious sign of brainwashing, social conditioning, than when the majority of the population react to a situation in the same predictable uninformed way.

For example on another non-political web site there was a discussion on the guy the cops shot in London because they "thought" he was one of the bombers.
The post went for about 5 pages, nothing but ranting about how this guy had wires sticking out his shirts, and how he deserved to be shot, shoot first ask questions later. People mentioned other so called "eye witness reports" that as we know now turned out to be totally false.
Point is people had already had their minds made up for them and instead of questioning the events they just excepted them as gospel and had already condemned a guy who turned out to be innocent of what he was killed for.
Who else does this? Cops? Politicians? The Military? Judges?

Yeah, the population shows no sign of "brainwashing"

We are brainwashed to not think.

[edit on 27/7/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
[snip] damaging our attention spans, critical thinking skills, as well as the loss of the ability to concentrate, to plan, and to work with complex ideas.

'Tis true.....btw, QuietSoul.....A way above vote for you...

You have voted QuietSoul for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

..excellent point on the Army Psyops branch and their intentions.....I did an ATSNN story awhile back that described the efforts of the military to institute a Middle Eastern comic book series to manipulate the sense of nationalism (on the lines) and consumerism/ego-centricity (between the lines)....my point was exactly what you stated, that there would invariably be a fuzzing of the line when it comes to application.....you were way more succinct however

Ask an average American how many times a day they go into a trance.......they may ponder the question for a split second and reply.......none.

Which of course is wrong.

Every time we drive for an extended amount of time, we enter a trance. Every time we watch television, or a movie, we enter a trance....despite 'emg waves.' Every time we engage in conversation, we don't enter a trance, but we establish an attenuation which denies conscious acknowledgement of any other stimulii occuring around us, unless it is overt enough to steal our focus.

My point is that we are attenuating all over the place in response to the various demands of our lives, yet noone really takes the time to realize the subtle changes in their behaviour and mental state. We are hypnotizable. We do it everyday. And I guarentee you that there are people who have taken the time to recognize these subtleties and find applications for them.

It's not about control..........rather the intention is on influence

Even if it's the ability to influence you with the highest amount of probability at a later date. Nowadays, with technology and religion finding a competitor in science for the indoctrination of young minds(btw, do a quick imagining of what it was like years ago to live in a less advanced scenario and incorporating religion in your worldview.........it's why religion was such a force to be reckoned with), the 'powers that be' can afford to allow a longer leash........it goes back to the bread and circus ideal......feed 'em and keep 'em entertained, they'll never rise up. And how can they afford to let us get smarter and, for all intents and purposes, freer? Whoever 'they' happen to be just happen to know that they can 'influence' us at any time, should the need arise.......

Neuro-Linguistic Programming........if you can find the time and the links, research it. Read up on Milton, the 'grandfather' of hypnosis. The human mind is well understood by certain individuals.

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

The evidence is there.........look into the two directions I referenced.......it's just not oft talked about because most are unfamiliar with it.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That was enlightening, from all of you. It's true, we can all be subtly brinwashed. The descriptions you made can be frighteningly accurate when you think of it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
'Tis true.....btw, QuietSoul.....A way above vote for you...

Hehe, thanks.. I wrote that article up a few weeks ago for a OP/ED and never got around to posting it up.. It felt incomplete and I couldnt expand on it anymore.. but it fit in perfectly with this topic so I plastered it up instead of letting it go to waste

Thanks for the vote!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
there is a brainwash device sitting in almost everyones front room.
its called television, and the lanuguage is even left over from the time it was invented, they call it 'programming.' Who are they trying to programe?

Obviously it was important to get one of these new devices into every house in every country becasue of its imense power.
You could now send your sanitsed version of events through to each individual in your country or even others, every day on the 'News' Show.

The effectiveness increase over other forms of proaganda(advertising), like radio and 'news'papers was 10x at least, probably higher.

Never in history has such a powerfull tool been available for people to experiment with in brain washing, which is essentially telling you what your opinions are or at least 'should be'.

3 generations have grown up under the influence of television, and the way of life has changed dramatically.
People talk about the differences just in the past 60 years, the Tavistock television experiment is having a vast effect on society, and what the long term social results will be its difficult to say.

Television can sometimes backfire on the of the owners, but overall the positive effects far, far outweigh the negative,

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
For my 2 cents - What is most useful to try and get a grip on is that we are facing 1,000s of years of public manipulators in the form of psuedo religions organizations and leaders, money lenders, powers behind the throne etc.. These interests have continualy fed "the masses" what ever it takes to sucker them, weaken then, misdirect, mislead confuse and divide them so that the few manipulators can stay in control. Such manipulation has meant misdirecting history, science, education, social order, humanity, brotherhood just to name a few. It is the reason sports, sex, violence, homosexuality, revenge, terrorists, etc., etc. are promoted. I believe this fakery includes fabrications such as Communism, Socialism, Terrorism, Darwin, Einstein, the space race, the cold war, and most every war for the last 400 years atleast. What is usually obvious is that the "better educated" someone is the more often they have been trained into the system just do to exposure. Much of the free thinking really comes for people who have not been so formally and fully indoctrinated. People who work off of an element of insight and intuition to perceive truth rather than accepting memorization and social approved conformity.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Mr Anok

Damn, you nailed it!! That fashion deal has got me real bad. I cant wait to get me some of them high heeled pointy toed shoes.

If thats not evidence of women being mind controlled, I dont know what is.

But, "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

Those "high heeled pointy toed shoes" show off a womans calves and bottom to their best advantage. Most women and some men know this. Why are women so fashion conscious? Society (i.e. the mind control) has taught women that they must be nothing more than eye candy for men. A lot of women judge other women by whether or not they are considered to be competition.

Where does your self-worth come from? It is the rare individual (male or female) who is willing to march to their own music. Are you strong enough to risk being outcast?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJ
there is a brainwash device sitting in almost everyones front room.
its called television, and the lanuguage is even left over from the time it was invented, they call it 'programming.' Who are they trying to programe?

How many of you have heard this type of question/comments....

1. What program did you watch on TV last night?

2. Get with the program!

It could not be blatant enough....

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

Thanks for the vote!

Of Course....I try not to divy them out indiscrimanetly, so in my opinion, you definately deserve it.

I hear you on the OP/ED procrastination......I have let many a topic slide for one reason or another....

What gets me about mind control is that noone takes it seriously because it is not absed in a defined and detailed as true across the board.....

But that's the thing. Everyone is different and as such will be influenced by different things. A good influence is one that is personalized....indeed, rule number one in Neuro Linguistic Programming is "Whatever works."

And society is desiogned to appeal to the needs and desires of just about everyone and everything. Though I'll hesitate before I say that very fact proves explicit mind control, I will say that it is incredibly convenient.....also, if you ever get a chance to read up and research the various philosophies propagated in the marketing industry, you'll begin to realize that they are ever trying to get inside the head of the individual through generalized rhetoric.......

It's all about making the consumer feel 'special.' And that's a subtlty that the average American will fail to grasp........though I have noticed that you have to wake up pretty early in the day to get one past the ATS crowd...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Is society really telling women they have to be eye-candy or are women wanting to feel good about themselves?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join