It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10 has finally been deployed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

It is not know whether the HMS is the basic Ukrainian Arsenel HMS copied by China's Luoyang Avionics, or a new helmet display featured briefly at the 2000 Zhuhai air show.
[edit on 28-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

its going to be smaller than a normal HUD because the pilots didn't like the size and the way the information was set out

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

The report says China has nearly completed development and testing of an upgraded Xian JH-7 fighter/attack aircraft and that improvements include better radar, night-attack avionics and advanced weapons including anti-ship missiles. China is also pursuing domestic upgrades to its Shenyang J-8II fighters and the air force “appears interested in converting retired fighter aircraft into unmanned combat air vehicles”, the report says.

seekerof

this new JH-7 is already deployed. in 2004.

but the first flight was reported in 2001.

i think this information is quite old

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Stealth Spy, Ermm, no, as reported the J-10 is now being deployed. The article is backed by this GlobalSecurity.org mention:

It is rumored to have flown for the first time in late December 2003. Mainland sources have reportedly stated that J-10 production will begin in 2004 with the goal of building 80 by 2005....

GlobalSecurity.org

chinawhite, you are correct, the JH-7 has been deployed. The one the article is talking about is the JH-7A, the upgraded version. Key word for you in what you have quoted is "upgraded" JH-7, which again, is reference to the JH-7A:

The report says China has nearly completed development and testing of an upgraded Xian JH-7 fighter/attack aircraft....

seekerof

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
sorry my mistake. i forgot to put the A in JH-7.

deployed in 2004. the improved JH-7

here are my soures
mil.jschina.com.cn...
www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
according to the peoples daily china put them into service in 2002.

this is a chinese report from the governments own newspaper

english.people.com.cn...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
From Sinodefence.com link you gave:

In response to the problems merged during the trial service, and other design drawbacks, the XAC began to develop the improved variant JH-7A, which features more advanced avionics and weapon suites based on both Russian and domestic technologies including the new multi-mode JL-10A PD fire-control radar, revised fly-by-wire (FBW), and 11 stores stations to carry guided ground attack weapons.

Also under PowerPlant:

The engine will be used to power the new JH-7A due to enter the service shortly.

Yes, I understand that the article mentions that the JH-7A had----key word here----reportedly entered service in 2004, which it did, but not with the upgraded packages that the JH-7A is currently being deployed with.

seekerof

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

A rare view of a PLAAF JH-7A is shown here as it was ready for take-off at an airfield near Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. It is believed to be one of the first batch JH-7As which entered the service with PLAAF 28th Division (serial # 21x9x) in late 2004. Unlike the naval JH-7As (serial # 83x9x) which entered the service earlier in 2004

mil.jschina.com.cn...

sinodefence last updated on 21 February 2004

they wouldn't of had the updated information

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
and before/on 21 February 2004 sinodefence already showed this picture.

The improved variant JH-7A fighter-bomber at XAC waiting to be delivered

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
chinawhite....
Did you notice what you had mentioned under the above picture?

The improved variant JH-7A fighter-bomber at XAC waiting to be delivered.

Again, the article I originally posted is correct in its assertions.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
that was last year febuaray.

i can post pictures of them in service if you like

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
here is a picture of the induction of the JH-7A

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
But that aircraft is not painted, except with primer. Seems an odd way to recieve a new aircraft. Could it be a propaganda pic?

Also, are they BAe Sea Eagle missiles it is armed with or just a copy of them?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Also, are they BAe Sea Eagle missiles it is armed with or just a copy of them?

No those are YJ-8 missiles ..they are chinese copies of the French-made Exocet missile. (?)
www.sinodefence.com...
www.fas.org...

And more about its weaponry :

The aircraft also carries YJ-91 missiles for a SEAD role and these are Chinese copy of the Kh-31P.

The JH-7 is equipped with a two-barrel 23 mm Type 23-III which is a clone of the Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23L.
www.sinodefence.com...

and some details on its engine :

The JH-7 is powered by two British-made Rolls-Royce Spey RB.168 Mk 202 turbofan engines, each rated at 5,556 kg dry and 10,000 kg with afterburning.

Rolls-Royce has consented to allow Xi'an Aviation Engine Company (XAE) to build the Spey Mk 202 turbofan under license, but the programme was seriously delayed due to technical problems. As a result, XAC had to imported from the UK some second-hand Spey Mk 202 stripped from the retired RAF F-4 Phantom fighters.

The latest reports indicated that XAE has successfully tested the WoShan-9 (WS-9), the Chinese copy of the Spey Mk 202. The engine will be used to power the new JH-7A due to enter the service shortly.
www.sinodefence.com...

All in all it looks like a good package, and is perhaps the first indegenous Chinese aircraft design

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ah, thanks.

The Sea Eagle was based on the Martel (which was Anglo- French not just French) but they somwhow look more like the Sea Eagle to me.

edit; I misread your post, are you sure they are based on the exocet? The look nothing like it but look like clones of the Sea Eagle/ Martel. (I don't know how I got 'Martel' when you types 'exocet'
)

[edit on 1-8-2005 by waynos]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes it looks a bit like the Sea Eagle.

But its a YJ-8 >>

The sinking of the HMS Sheffield destroyer and other British Navy ships during the 1982 Falklands War by the French-made Exocet missile launched from Argentine aircraft caught the attention of Chinese missile designers...and in the mid-80's they got acess to the French Exocet missiles and must have rev-engeneered it to make the YJ-8. The later YJ-8's were imoroved when China got acess to a few US Harpoon missiles and incorporated it into the YJ-8.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
maybe its just me but the missiles in that last pic look different to the ones in the pic above it. For instance the 'runner' along the side of the body is absent in your last pic and the fins appear much larger. I know this could just be an illusion but the ones hanging under the JH-7 in chinawhites pic look very much more like these;

[edit on 1-8-2005 by waynos]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hmmm on further thinking and looking at more images i see what you mean..those look more like sea eagles (esp.the control surfaces).

Now Rolls Royce are providing the engine(although now plagerised)....so i'm thinking if the British connection can be extended to link it to the Sea Eagle
....and besides the Sea Eagle is old and outdated and so that makes its sale/tech-transfer even more possible.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't care what all the J-10 haters say on this site but I love the J-10, sexy looking aircraft! i'm sure the specs will do fine, even though still sub-par in todays standards, about equal to the Gripen or Rafale perhaps?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thats the problem man.. No one really knows..
Maybe a look at the specs would shed more light on the a/c..
What radar does it use??

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
No doubt its a great looking plane...but what can you know when the communist media does not even release the dimensions of the plane

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join