It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administrators, please delete 33,400 member accounts!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
``

in my best attempt at being a Quintessential Utilitarian

the US arsenal has over 10,000 nuclear warheads sitting idle
and just gathering dust, suffering metal fatigue & Uranium Depletion,
in effect just lurking around like those un-productive members.

Oh, my...they sure are powerfull stuff when they go off, eh?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I agree in some ways........

It would not be fare to delete 'lurkers' as they may just want to read!

BUT.....members that NEVER sign in should be deleted after about a year or so unless given special permission by admin (for people serving in the forces etc.....)

I think as long as a member signs in then they should be allowed their account.....but members that join and never look at ATS again should be deleted!

Mic

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
If anything, I would be better qualified to point out things then most members.

And on what grounds do you make that claim? The fact that you can look up usage statistics for the site? I honestly don't see any reason a point made by you is more valid than a point made by any of the other members, no matter how old or new they may be.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

First, I am not whining.

Second, Im a stating these facts to the admins in hope to make ATS a better community. I am not telling anyone how to do anything except stating my opinion backed by facts, Since when is that illegal? Besides I already helped out to point out problems in the point systems and that turned out well.

Maybe we should bend over in gratitude?

Where an Admin when you need one?!

Wondering the same myself pal.

BTW, do we refer to you as uberfuhrer?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've seen members here lately that have been around longer than I have, no biggie, but their contribution has been positive, not like this.

Some prefer to read, sometimes react. Is that a bad thing?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Second, Im a stating these facts to the admins in hope to make ATS a better community. I am not telling anyone how to do anything except stating my opinion backed by facts, Since when is that illegal?

Okay, since it's their site, I'm confident they have a grasp on the relevant statistics. Nobody said anything about illegal, but you're essentially campaigning to affect changes to the accounts of 30+ thousand people you've never met. I would consider that bad form.

But illegal, heavens no.

Hmmm.. the hubris is strong with this one.
Why's that then, why are you qualified to cull the herd?

Just let them handle their business, and try not to take too great an interest in the lives of thousands of people you don't know. The presence of their ghosts on the servers really does little appreciable harm to anyone.

However, if you went through with this purge, chances are good the admin would have to field all kinds of angry correspondence from members who were wronged.

It's more hassle than it's worth, for the most part.

That's how I see it anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Exactly, why does anyone matter more than anyone else. They DON'T. This is a pointless thread. I appreciate the responses but it's going to achieve nothing.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join