It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alfalfa Club, has it been discussed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It appears there is another significant Secret Society, the Alfalfa Club. It only meets once a year, but the roll call of its ranks is staggering.

"An exclusive Washington, D.C. club for the rich and powerful, founded in 1913. Its sole purpose is to hold an annual banquet each January to honor the birthday of General Robert E. Lee. There are approximately 200 members. Each member is eligible to bring up to two guests to the $185-a-plate dinner. The club always serves filet mignon and lobster. "

www.nndb.com...

Im pretty sure, Gen Lee has very little to do with the discussions that go on, on that night.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Seems more like a dinner than a club tho. At least I'd think that the large number of people who attend the dinner aren't involved in the club outside of that.

Also, isn't it likely that the rich and powerful use these things as oppurtunities to not discuss business and policy? I mean, we have as much information that they do as they don't in most cases.

For example, in this thread the canadian PM proposes a leadership group, but an informal one wherein official statements and the like aren't made. He notes that the diplomatic contacts and standing papers issued in the leadup to other leadership conferences tends to actual burn out the participants. SO these peopel are subjected to normal limits, and might have a good time going to some dinner like this.

Also, wouldn't something like this be something of a social event? Certainly a southern gentleman would be frowned upon for not attending a dinner in Lee's Honour no?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

A meeting?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Cug

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
It appears there is another significant Secret Society, the Alfalfa Club.

What is significant about this group?

"In essence the event is just another roast, providing one more showcase for Washington bigwigs to unveil their professionally-written jokes".

Is it wrong for people who are "rich and powerful" to hang out together? Would you feel better if they only held get-togethers in the back room of Denny's?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks Howard

I needed a good laugh today, and the usual wit has been missing on this forum lately.

Owe you one.

[edited out quoted photo - nygdan]

[edit on 26-7-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HowardRoark

That must be "over Target"... your picture link is 404'd already.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RelSciHistItSufi

Already? it has been 15 years.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: RelSciHistItSufi

Already? it has been 15 years.

Some things do not get better with time, n'est pas?

Although I love the fact that the user's name is a character from "The Fountainhead". That was a terrific book...

new topics

top topics

join