It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Prayer Heal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
To many's surpise, I actually voted yes for this...

Not because I believe it's God answering, but because I believe the will of others focused towards one goal can influence things....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I voted yes.

Yea, positive thought can heal, BUT the big difference here is that praying isn't exactly positive thought all the time! Obviously, he wasn't happy about his g/f feeling like smit, and pleeing for intervention from God, pleeing, isn't positive thought. I've never heard of " Help meeee!! " as being a positive thought, but that's just me maybe.

The whole scientific study sounds interesting to me, do you know if the people praying meant deep down the prayers they were praying? I think that has a lot to do with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishapscott
I voted yes.

Yea, positive thought can heal, BUT the big difference here is that praying isn't exactly positive thought all the time! Obviously, he wasn't happy about his g/f feeling like smit, and pleeing for intervention from God, pleeing, isn't positive thought. I've never heard of " Help meeee!! " as being a positive thought, but that's just me maybe.

The whole scientific study sounds interesting to me, do you know if the people praying meant deep down the prayers they were praying? I think that has a lot to do with it.

Hey, I couldn't tell from your post wether you thought it WAS God or not, but the fact that I was praying to take someone elses pain like that ade it more realistic that it was God, or thats what I think.

As for wether they really meant the prayers in the tests.......well, I'm sure that most people kind enough to take part in such an experiment would probably be sincere, although there are bount to be a few jokers.....

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i voted yes, the mind can do anything if you believe it strong enough, faith in god or in your own mind, if you doubt the slightest then it wont work, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No. Just ask these people.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I do believe in the powers of the mind, however, "god" has nothing to do with that, IMO.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
However, I have also seen people die who were prayed for constantly, who were beautiful souls...yet were their prayers unanswered??

Often when that happens, is because they focus on the lack of health when they're praying. They are most often prayers of desperation. So negative emotions & thoughts are involved and that will only worsen the situation.

Those who succeed, focus on the person health or health improvement.
Lot's of people don't know how to pray properly. Some say, the best prayer is a prayer of appreciation; with a feeling what is prayed for has already been granted...
This, imho is true faith.

There have been scientific studies that suggest that prayer does work...

www.healthlibrary.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Prayer can heal. My step father-in-law was diagnosed with an enlargened heart...bad heart valves...and was scheduled for open heart surgery...two days prior to surgery relatives and friends gathered for a prayer meeting. The next day doctors were perplexed to find his heart back to normal...valves working at 100%. My wife obviously broke her finger one day...prayed about it and woke up with a perfect healed finger. Me on the other hand am struggling along with cancer and pray everyday a "thank you" to God for the gift of another day on this earth with my family...so far so good.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've seen people be healed by prayer. I know it works. God can do anything...including healing someone. However, it must be in YOUR best interest in HIS plan for YOUR life!

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You people are SO STUPID. This is such nonsens. An illness CAN NEVER BE HEALED BY "PRAYING". Just go to a doctor, or die!

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceDude
You people are SO STUPID. This is such nonsens. An illness CAN NEVER BE HEALED BY "PRAYING". Just go to a doctor, or die!

May I ask how you come to this conclusion? I fail to see how someone who has prayed for healing, felt God listening, and been healed of something a doctor could not heal, could possibly agree with you. Your argument is baseless

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
yes i believe prayer can heal

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hi!

Just wanted to add my $.02:

I think that prayer or meditation heals through the applicaton of positive thought or reflection. I don't really think there is any God associated with it, but if people apply one to their own meditations that is great.

Thanks!

tracyv

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
"Can Prayer heal?"

Dont be silly if it could then hospitals would be out of business.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
"Can Prayer heal?"

Dont be silly if it could then hospitals would be out of business.

You'd think so Drunk, but I haven't been to a Hospital in years, cos they just can't heal me at all, they make things worse. Trust me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join