It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where can i get a music host?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Im updating my myspace site and i want to upload a song for it, its asking me for my url..... where can i host it? anyone??

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Im givin this thread a bump since it was 4 am when i posted it.

anyone got something for me?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't know if either of these sites allow linking to files on them, but if it's one of your songs you can try either www.soundclick.com... or www.bandspace.com.... If it's not one of yours, then I don't know where you might be able to put it.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
well alls im looking for is a site that will let me upload a song to post on my page at "myspace". just a place like imageshack, but for music.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i gotta bump this again, cuz im still awaiting any replies.
Mcory1-- thanks, but it wasnt what i was looking for. Im not lookin to promote anything, just a place to host a song for "myspace".

anyone????

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
cmon people....someone out there knows this...

no
one
line
deduction.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh, I knew you weren't trying to promote anything. But those sites are free, and they will serve as a host. It's just a matter of whether the music is original for one and whether or not they allow you to link to a file directly.

I'm sure there's bound to be a few more. Is that song an original, or is it by someone else? I won't tell anyone, I promise...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No no...nothing from me. Alls I want to do is find a site that will host a song like image shack host pics. Somewhere I can upload a Velvet Revolver song for my profile on myspace. Im nowhere near a musician...lol

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Google got a lot of hits with this search...I'm not sure exactly what you need--I mean as far as file size at least--so I figured I'd just give you the full list and let you find one that would work.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
www.macromedia.com...

you can see it in operation here

www.myspace.com...

My son's and his buddy's band by the way

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hey, good link man! Your band is awesome. Hate Machine is a good tune. Still not what I need though. Heres the thing..

On options, it says "upload song?" you say yes, and it asks,
"musics url?". Thats what I need. I site that either hosts tunes allready (well known ones, not up and coming trying to promote), or a site that will let me upload a song and give me a URL, like image shack does with pics..

thanks for your help though. Ill leave a comment and probably add ya!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
ok, either im posting to late, or this doesnt exist....

again, a bump to see if anyone knows this....

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
By your wording, it is looking for where to get the file in order to put it on myspace server, not about linking to the song on another server. That being the case, where it says about URL, what is it showing you? A space to put in a URL, as if addinng a link in ATS editor? Or a file browser of sorts?

In any case, if you really want to keep that myspace account, mite not want to upload someone elses song ............

Myspace.com Terms & Conditions:

"Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.

Misfit

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Perhaps these will help.

JAK has been so kind to provide that information for us all in this thread.

Best of luck
makeitso

[edit on 24-7-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
right on guys...glad for the help...

Ya, Im just lookin to upload a Velvet Revolver song on my page. Ive seen it on other peoples sites there. When the page asks if you want a song on it, and u click yes, a box opens that says "musicURL?" so all i need is a place that i can upload a tune on that will host it. nothing huge, like maybe 2 or 3 mbs.

Thats a nice list of links from jak. I gotta goto work now, so ill check em when i get home and post to let yas know...thnks again!

new topics

top topics

join