It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DVD screenshots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am having trouble getting a screenshot of a DVD image on Windows Media player.
I click the print screen button and bring up the clipboard image onto my editing program. When the image pops up it shows the movie playing instead of a still screenshot.

I am using Windows Media Player 8.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Use a commercial screen capture program.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've downloaded Hypersnap DX and Sarabin Screencapture and I get the same thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I've downloaded Hypersnap DX and Sarabin Screencapture and I get the same thing.

Hrmm, could be a pesky DRM thing in your way.

Try this, it says it's capable of DVD Screen Captures

www.any-capture.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I downloaded anycapture and got the same thing. I went into it's help file and it had this to say.

Q:I tried to capture Media Player or Real Player, Why do I grab only a blank, black screenshot?
A: The problem is usually due to graphics hardware acceleration being used to display the image. The newer media players from Microsoft and RealNetworks are good about trying to use any graphics hardware acceleration that is available on the system. Most video capture programs used to capture video from a video camera use "hardware overlay" by default for their video preview. Note that this kind of problem affects all screen capture programs, and even the image put in the clipboard by the PrintScreen key.

The best solution is to disable hardware acceleration in the application that is playing the video, or disable hardware acceleration system wide.

I disabled acceleration in WMP but I still get the problem. Do you know where I can disable acceleration system wide?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
DELETED

[edit on 15-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sorry.
I'm using WinXp home.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Right click on your desktop, click on properties tab - Click on Settings tab - Click the Advanced Button - Click on the trouble shooting tab and there should be a Hardware acceleration Slider, just slide it all the way to the left

[edit on 15-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I use Cliprex

see the little camera in the picture it allows you to take screen shots.

Cliprex DVD Player Professional - Free DVD player software

Cliprex DVD Player Professional - Free DVD player software
Cliprex DVD Player Professional software is the free solution for playing DVDs on the PC. Cliprex DVD Player Professional will handle playback of both commercial and consumer-created DVDs. Beside DVD video it supports most well known video standard formats, like DIVX, XVID, MPEG, WMV, ASF, Video CD, Super Video CD and any other videofile you have the codec installed for.
This software DVD player gives an impressive video and sound quality with an easy navigation interface through a context menu. Features are: Automatic aspect ratio, audio stream selection, selection of available subtitles, easy chapter selection for the DVD menu, bookmarks management, angle selection, resume option of a specific DVD, fullscreen/desktop play and more options. This version of Cliprex DVD Player Professional is free for viewing DVD videos and other videos on a home PC or notebook computer. The package also contains free codecs.
Enjoy DVD playing with this free DVD player!

www.cliprex.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm about ready to give up

I lower the acceleration and the DVD wont play

Sauron, I'll download Cliprex. If that doesn't work... I will close my eyes and count to 10.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'm about ready to give up

I lower the acceleration and the DVD wont play

Sauron, I'll download Cliprex. If that doesn't work... I will close my eyes and count to 10.

They intentionally make it hard man, it's the curse of Digital Rights Managament.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
They intentionally make it hard man, it's the curse of Digital Rights Managament.

They have won this day...

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I got a copy of WinDVD and it easily takes screenshots of DVDs.

new topics

top topics

join