It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the proove that Billy Graham is a 33rd degree Mason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've only read a little on this subject. His organization says no, yet other groups say yes....How is one to know the truth?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Doing some research I found many sites that claimed he was a Mason and that he announced it on a Jim Shaw show. I found this which seems to refute all claims.

The Reverend Billy Graham is not a freemason. The following correspondence to a reader of the Cutting Edge Ministry makes this very clear:

Subject: Freemason
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 97 11:23:21 -0500
Thank you for your e-mail message. We understand your concern about rumors that Mr. Graham is in some way associated with Freemasonry. The reports are erroneous — though we continue to hear them. Mr. Graham is not, has not been and does not expect ever to be involved in Freemasonry. Your help in keeping the record as accurate as possible would be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Don Kinde
Christian Guidance Department
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association

One possible source of this rumour was Composite Lodge No. 595's website in Santa Monica, California, USA. The brother maintaining the site reproduced a list of famous freemasons that mistakenly included the Reverend Billy Graham's name. Once the error was brought to his attention, the list was amended on December 28, 1996. Other masonic websites unwittingly reproduced the list and several years passed before most, if not all of them, were corrected.
The late Jim Shaw claimed that Billy Graham was present when he was made a 33rd Degree freemason. This is only one of Shaw's many lies exposed in such publications as Is it True What They Say About Freemasonry?
On 13 June, 1997 anti-mason and fundamentalist Christian, Steve Van Nattan went on a syndicated Christian Fundamentalist radio talk show, "The Cutting Edge," to announce his "proof" that Graham was not only a freemason but that the freemasons were trying to hide his membership. The Cutting Edge Ministry subsequentially accepted the denial issued by Billy Graham's office.

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i have always thought that he wasn't. This information helps me. I become very sceptical when it comes to the freemasons because it seems everyone with power or not is involved. I live in a family where my father and grandfather are both masons, very low on the ladder though, but that doesn't matter. No matter where you are you are still a part of it. Very sad...I will never be a part of that world.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster
i have always thought that he wasn't. This information helps me. I become very sceptical when it comes to the freemasons because it seems everyone with power or not is involved. I live in a family where my father and grandfather are both masons, very low on the ladder though, but that doesn't matter. No matter where you are you are still a part of it. Very sad...I will never be a part of that world.

fish,

Sorry you feel that way about Freemasonry, but after all, it isn't for everyone.

No, Billy Graham is not a Mason, let alone a 33rd Degree Mason.

You may read about him and some other famous "non-Masons" here:

www.masonicinfo.com...

There's also a nice link to Famous Masons here:

www.masonicinfo.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster

Two men in your family were masons, yet you feel like masons are evil. Does that make your father and grandfather evil? Most Freemasons I know, even "high-ranking" ones, are very normal people. You need to do some serious research on Freemasonry because it is NOTHING like what you think. You have been spending too much time in conspiracy websites.

new topics

top topics

join