It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Children Killed by Suicide Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Full Story

Many Iraqi Children Killed by Suicide Bomb By BASSEM MROUE BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A suicide car bomber sped up to American soldiers distributing candy to children and detonated his explosives Wednesday, killing up to 27 other people, U.S. and Iraqi officials said. One U.S. soldier and about a dozen children were among the dead.

This is just horrible. What will it take for people to trulthfully see the foe we are up against? We are engaged in a War where there is Good vs. Evil and it is a war which will be a long one with many such occurances. Only one side will win this war, there is no way Fundamental Militant Islamists will stop their attacks. It is obvious that one side has utter disregard for any innocents that get in their way. This unfortunately is a war to the finish.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well, if the americans did not illegally invade it and ironically kill more people then saddam, all of this BS would not happen in the first place and there would be order in the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We had no business there and you paint a very wholesome and beautiful picture of kindness by our troops in this story. Had we not invaded perhaps those children would have lived?

As they say war is hell- this means thousands of children have also perished in our hands. I dont blame the troops for killing children,(how do they know if they're killing children or terrorists?) they are at war, a war designed to take out terrorists (what do they look like?) but in the intrum children have died.

This is the result of an invasion without cause, rhyme or reason.

War is hell.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
First reply and already transfering the blame. While you are entitled to your opinion please stick to the topic at hand. Do you think that targeting a mass of innocent children to get one Humvee and kill one soldier is a legit target? What will it take for you to realize what kind of foe we are up against, 10,000 dead in a attack? 50,000? Give me an example of when your line in the sand is crossed?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There should be no lines in the sand.

We shouldn't be up against that foe.

Innocent children shouldn't have ever been given the chance to be in a "warzone."

Everyone is sticking to the topic at hand, pavil.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
people is disgusting. The idea that someone can actually justify the killing of children by stating that it's the U.S.'s fault is extremely disturbing. Hopefully, one day it's not your child or family that's killed in one of these cowardice attacks.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There are bad people in the United States and in Iraq, ferretman. Bad people that can kill a lot of children without blinking an eye.

No one is "justifying" anything. Quite the contrary. Hopefully one day it's not my child or family that's killed in one of these attacks? That's exactly what I'm worried about, but I'd also like to see everyone else's children and families get out without any scratches. We wouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing if...

You see where this is going.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Foul, no doubt.

Fortunately when we bomb children from 10,000 feet and blow their arms off, it's OK, because we do it in the name of "freedom."

1 page full of

What utter tripe.

[edit on 7/13/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just ask Souljah, this is all logical. If kids get in the way, who cares!?

Well, if the americans did not illegally invade it and ironically kill more people then saddam, all of this BS would not happen in the first place and there would be order in the world.

I can guarentee you can not prove that.
Anyway, instead of anger at the people who did this, you automatically put the blame on the US. Why? Same to you DJ.
Not once did you all denouce such acts.
Don't you get tired of putting the blame on someone else (by doing so you're defending such acts).

Innocent children shouldn't have ever been given the chance to be in a "warzone."

The thing is...it wouldn't be a war zone if these morons would just stop with the suicide attacks. The new government is in place. The country has already been invaded. There should/would be nothing more for the US troops to do but.....these insurgents insists on keeping the bloodshed going.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lartsa Cleargleam
We wouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing if...

You see where this is going.

Please continue that thought. I don't know where you are going. If we left the MiddleEast? If we hadn't attacked Afganistan? If we would just let the Genocide in Darfur go on without raising the issue? If we had not supported Saudia Arabia and Kuwait when Iraq invaded Kuwait?............

I personally think we wouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing if We Weren't Attacked on September 11 The world has changed since that date in case you haven't figured that out. The days of wishfully hoping that doing nothing will keep us safe are no longer valid.

There should be no lines in the sand.

So your viewpoint is that there is no point at which you would attack those who have attacked you. I am talking in the broader War on Terror not just the Battle in Iraq. Would you have attacked Afganistan after Sept. 11?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If it was your country that was "invaded," would you fight the invaders if you felt it was unjust?

I wouldn't kill any children, but I would most assuredly take up arms against an invasion of my country that I didn't agree with.

Anyway, I do not know who Souljah is.

Edit: This was in reply to ThatsJustWeird.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Lartsa Cleargleam]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Been done, today, just a few posts down.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My bad
I looked briefly for a post. I did not mean to take over or duplicate a thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I love the ignorance!

UN resolutions clearly state use of force will be used against Iraq if they did not comply with the many other resolutions.

The UN Security Council approved of the use of force by a coalition of member states.

The US Congress and Senate also approved President Bush to use military force in a coalition of UN member states (yes, even John Kerry voted for military action).

You same people cried that the "sanctions are killing 100,000 children a year in Iraq, because they cannot get any medicine". Totally ignoring the FACT that Saddam was using the "Food for Oil" money to build palaces all over, and only take care of his family in Tikrit, and his close cronies. Seems he forgot to feed the children...

Now you blame the USA for the insurgency? Now it's all America's fault because bad people are doing bad things? Tell me, how is it the USA's fault that Pan-Am 103 was blown out of the sky? Tell me, how is it the USA's fault that Robert Kennedy was killed? Tell me, how is it the USA's fault that multiple bombs exploded in Spain, killing dozens? Tell me, how is it the USA's fault that London was hit with multiple bombs, killing dozens? Tell me, how is it the USA's fault that Russian children were killed by bombs and gunfire inside a school? Tell me, how is it the USA's fault that Lebanon has been occupied and virtually destroyed by fellow Arabs since the '70's? Tell me, how is it the USA's fault that fellow Arab states refuse to give Palestinians any land for their own, while insisting that Israel do so instead?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Islamic terrorist extremists want YOU dead. Period. That is their sole reason for existence, killing you who do not believe in their version of God.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
pavil, so we are in Iraq because we were attacked on September Eleventh?

Why?

Would I have attacked Afghanistan following 9/11? No. I don't recall any fighter jets from Afghanistan's massive military squadron flying into the World Trade Center towers. Do you?

Also, what good has our attacks on/invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq brought about?

And what bad?

I think you'll find the answer to the second question quite a bit longer than the answer to the first.

Children are dying left and right, because of war, because of hunger, because of disease. How much money has the war cost? Some 300 billion?

300 billion is a lot of money that could've gone to stopping two of those other problems.

I've gone off on a tangent, however.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I personally think we wouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing if We Weren't Attacked on September 11 The world has changed since that date in case you haven't figured that out. The days of wishfully hoping that doing nothing will keep us safe are no longer valid.

Just a small note - you may have missed this - We Weren't Attacked by Iraqis on September 11.

Using 9-11 to justify attacking Iraq is like using Pearl Harbor to justify bombing China.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We were not attacked by Germany or Italy, either.
Iraq was targeted, per se', because of a number of reasons, one being that it had ties to terrorism, etc.

And please, I am not going to get into a re-re-re-hash debate on this.
You said your piece, I simply countered with mine.

Incidentally though, the topic is:
Iraqi Children Killed by Suicide Bomb

seekerof

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
And here's my piece that you don't need to counter, Seeker: Iraq did not have ties to any terrorism that was anymore relevant to the US than terrorism going on anywhere else in the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

We were not attacked by Germany or Italy, either.

Someone please tell the crew of the USS Reuben James, they might beg to differ.

As for Iraq's ties to terrorism, Iraq was tied to terrorism against Israel, not the US. The only terror plot against the US tied to Iraq was the supposed plut to kill Bush Sr. in Kuwait, a plot that US intel has always suspected was fabricated by the Kuwaiti's themselves for political reasons.

Don't get me wrong, Hussein was certainly a vicious SOB, but the idea the he constitued any real threat to the US was entirely bogus.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yeah, xmotex, there were a number of incidents that could have been viewed and seen as justified to declare war, but Roosevelt choose not to declare such. An administration thing. Pearl Harbor was a different matter, but hey........................this all for another topic, eh?

Lartsa Cleargleam, that is certainly debatable, and has been extensively within ATS. Please feel free to utilize the ATS search.

The topic, again, is Iraqi Children Killed by Suicide Bomb.

And since that is the topic here, you two gentlemen make fantastic strides to simply pin this matter on the US because they are in Iraq, correct?

Kind of flawed thinking, wouldn't you think, unless of course, you are both anti-war, etc., etc.

As such, according to Islam, it is strictly forbidden to commit suicide, to target and kill innocents, and to commit acts of terrorism. That would pretty much make the assertion that the US being in Iraq as the cause for the suicide bombing terrorist acts, irrelevent, now wouldn't it? You see, whether we are there are not, those Muslims that committed this act were of Islamic faith, thus making what they did, again, strictly FORBIDDEN.

Have a good one.

seekerof

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join