It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Breaking News** Al-Qaeda Claims Responsibility for Power Outage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
If Al-Queda did it, who is to say they did not have alterior motives.

AF1

I haven't met anyone from Al Qaeda lately, but I could probably use a reminder of which of their motives are benign, actually.

Freddie

A few weeks ago Tut went out this way. Shake hands with the Bullish Mod who did the dirty on you rather than waving your red flag at him.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
At my LOG-IN, i noticed the meter scale at near paranoid
~~

Recall, on 6 August, a report was posted concerning
2 AUDIO tapes sent to Al Jezera, from both OBL and
the #2 Al Qaeda guy...supposedly from 'island'....

Promising the infidels a 'Dark Wind' soon upon them,
that the select few would know (when & what & how)

COULD, the 'dark wind' be the east coast power outage
?????????

stevequayle.com...

(or maybe shorten the address?)
~~~~~

www.foxnews.com...

(this may be the origional)
~~~~~

WHY, DOES IT need to be a hacker? Could a model
plane, rigged with det. cord, be flown into a transmission
cable....KA-BOOM??....perhaps a team of remotes??!!

maybe a UAV into a sub-station or transformer, feeding
a nuclear generating plant?...result, a domino effect !!!~~~~
ultimately, you are the judge,

'package' given to FBI on 20 May '02, manila envelope,
74th Ave North, local coastal community, SC. USA

~~~

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

WHY, DOES IT need to be a hacker? Could a model
plane, rigged with det. cord, be flown into a transmission
cable....KA-BOOM??....perhaps a team of remotes??!!

If you took the time to read the thread that I linked earlier in this post regarding evidence supporting the hacker theory, you would see very well that the government KNEW hackers were capable of this event.

The NSA shut down their own pacific grid back in 1998 and nobody even realized it. We've been wide open for a long time.

Additionally, you would learn that US and South Korean forces acknowledge that the North Korean military has a school where they allegedly train 100 hackers per year.

Do not underestimate North Korea, what was it that North Korean officials said?

Pyongyang continues to declare that the current standoff pits the Korean people, North and South, against the United States. It has even threatened a preemptive attack against America.

www.iht.com...

We're dealing in probabilities folks...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If N. Korea preemptively attacks the US, it will be their first and last big mistake they make.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
With reports ranging from; lightning, fire, electric cable saggage, to power plant fires and now possibly terror claims. Is it not obvious this is so much bogus propaganda?! COME ON PEOPLE!

The government are up to something, otherwise wide spread bs wouldn't be allowed to spread like the wild fire it has become. Has anyone here concidered it was a EMP test, or pulse EMP test? Or even a intentional denial of power so that certain things could be smuggled out or in?

We are here to figure out what is going on, not spread the dissolution...snap out of it everyone. We have a service to provide, if at least only to each other.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   

If N. Korea preemptively attacks the US, it will be their first and last big mistake they make.

If this was a preemptive attack by NK, do you think the feds would release this information, or do you think it would be easier for them to blame it on Al Qaeda & Bin Laden (funded by the Bush family)?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Delays in bragging or claiming are always suspect in my book.......

Personally...if Al-Qaida is really serious about claiming responsibility for the power outage, they should include a longitude and latitude of their location, so they'll get proper credit.

Smells more like a "mis-direction" play....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The FEDS or any government agency for that matter hasn't said a word on this. Secondly, considering that we have had all sorts of terrorist warnings for Aug-Nov, I would have to say this is either Al-Qaeda or just faulty power equipment. There isn't any evidence that al-Qaeda is responsible so we all need to just calm down for right now. As for NK, they're already digging themselves a nice deep hole, they don't need us to help them.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Recommended: Coincidence, I think not!

North American Electric Reliability Council
PRESS RELEASE
August 13, 2003

NERC Board Votes to Adopt Cyber Security Standard

NERC's Board of Trustees has voted to adopt a cyber security standard that will reduce risks to the reliability of the bulk electric system from any compromise of critical cyber assets....

"The board was unanimous in its decision to adopt this important standard," said NERC Chairman Richard Drouin. "With this action, the industry has taken a major step to ensure that the reliability and security of the interconnected electric grid is maintained throughout North America"

www.nerc.com...

Here's the website describing the "updated" standards....

www.nerc.com...

Lets not get distracted from the fact that they are unable to rule out a hacker, but do rule out terrorism.....

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
and if thats true can we have our rights back now?
Hello?

[Nothing is true]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddhakappa

Perhaps we're being primed.

Exactly my thoughts. i think that the gov't 'let' the blackout happen in order to test-run FEMA on a large scale. But of course, we didn;t panic and freak out as they thought we would. Kinda makes you feel proud to know that the american general populace aren't a bunch of scared little sheep.

I have been looking around for proof of this idea, but so far, no dice. Any help/links/etc... would be much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
OMG i was just watching MSNBC on the tele just a minute ago and the reporter made a claim that there was a rumour that a few people think that the U.S. government was involved so that a U.F.O. in that area could escape and leave the Earth! LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
so has anyone checked out the USGS,HAARP,Spaceweather or the SOHO project that day and noticed any strange activity? I thought it was quite odd that the Dow was already closed for the day. Hmmmmmmmmm............

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   

a rumour that a few people think that the U.S. government was involved so that a U.F.O. in that area could escape and leave the Earth!

So there it is, their symbol of "we've given out enough information. Any further theories will be discredited as paranoid conspiracy alien wackos". Public ridicule, the best means of control (i.e. fear).

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
God i hate al cayduh.
Stupid hippie bastards.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Not the first time I have reckoned that spin merchants include a detailed review of ATS in their daily tactical decisions.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Awfully tough talk on North Korea since the blackout. This seems to me to be the biggest news in international relations since the blackout. If the U.S. has evidence of state-sponsored or guerilla cyberterrorism, wouldn't there be a classical response in the public arean?

U.S. to Send Signal to North Koreans in Naval Exercise

WASHINGTON, Monday, Aug. 18 � The Bush administration, while preparing for talks soon with North Korea, is also stepping up military pressure with plans for a joint naval exercise next month to train for interdicting at sea arms and other materials being transported to and from the North.

www.nytimes.com...

North Korea Lashes Out at Neighbors and U.S.

TOKYO, Aug. 18 � Amid signs of growing diplomatic and military isolation, North Korea lashed out at the United States, South Korea and Japan today, barely a week before the scheduled start of international talks on North Korea's nuclear program.

Russia, traditionally an ally of North Korea, embarked today on a 10-day maritime exercise, partly in waters near North Korea, that will involve two traditional enemies of the North, Japan and South Korea. The exercise is the first time that warships from those three countries have conducted joint maneuvers.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Seems to me that a "message" is trying to be sent to Mr. Kim.

I am surprised to see Russia in this....my question would be: where is China in all this? With that amount of naval presence and the countries involved that China would have made comment of this "military outing."

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
They are probably not feeling too comfortable. Russia said yes but China said no. Interesting.

"More important still, the success of the PSI depends in large part not only on whether and how the logistical, legal, and economic issues are resolved, but on broad-based participation, including, experts say, that of China and Russia."

cns.miis.edu...

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by kukla]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
kukla....excellent site. The link didn't work but I made it to the site instead.....great find...bookmarked it.

I will check it out tomorrow and read the article also...got a serious headache and its almost 2 am here EST...going to bed.

Nice.......

G'night all.......

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join