It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bringing back a banned member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I was too lazy to search, so if this post is redundant, I apologize. Is there a policy on bringing back a banned member? Is there a forum where votes can be cast?
I for one miss DrHoracid. Abrasive, opinionated - you betcha. But his posts were very often informative, and frankly intellectual. I personally like the "Killing Possums" thread... it was a lot of fun, and folks we all need to have some fun.
I bet alot of us have "friends" that have been banned and would like to see what can be done, if anything.
I hope to hear some info on this subject.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Banning of members is not an arbitrairy thing. The T&C clearly state what ATS is all about. Leniency is usually applied, giving said member the option of abiding by them or not. Sometimes someone just comes in an floats a bomb. I remember about a year ago that in his intro a member stated that he was here to take over, with the use of the word "mother" and another word that was used more than once. Didn't need a calculator to figure out how long he was going to last.

Bottom line is that in the last year and a half ATS went from 3400 members to over 40,000, we must be doing something right, both members and staff.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
DrHoracid is gone!?!?!?

i didn't even notice

it's been so peaceful

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Dr Who is making a welcome return and this highly stylized series looks all post-millennial and good fun. But I think they are using the original Dalek models from first glance!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
DrHoracid is gone!?!?!?

i didn't even notice

it's been so peaceful

Well that wasn't needed

Just kidding. It wasn't though.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Please use the search, there has been many topics on this

Thread closed,

Asala

Feel free to u2u me if ya got a problem with it

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
I hope to hear some info on this subject.

No.

Even as "frankly intellectual" as you found the "Killing Possums" thread he/she/it is gone.

It was given more than ample opportunities to quit being a psycho, and still ate it's own liver with a nice chianti.

And we won't be discussing it or any other banned members. They come back (rarely) only through a sincere approach of their own and the generosity of our benevolent dictator. Not public appeal to free the killer Barbarus.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
*Opening thread*

I side with RANT and Asala on this matter, and furthermore I would not let Dr Horacid back in. When one, 1, un, uno, eine , een member is taking too much modding time (And I mean waaaay to much) and he is banned, he or she will almost certainly not be allowed back.

*Closing thread*

top topics

join