It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: British Government Wins ID Card Vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I don't see the problem. As my father says, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you haven't got anything to worry about.

Edit: Can't speel fatehr.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Too right Shaunybaby,yet another topic that Alex Jones has been correct on.
Many still think hes "deluded",and they would still think so if he told them the world is round,sky is blue,because many just will not accept any deviation from the propaganda that they love to believe......sleepwalking slowly but surely into the arms of the fourth reich.
By the way check this :
www.poormojo.org...

Hope it wont come to this though.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
I don't see the problem. As my father says, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you haven't got anything to worry about.

Edit: Can't speel fatehr.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by KhieuSamphan]

I hope this is a joke!!!! "wrong" is subjective! What the government see's as wrong is the question. Never heard of political prisoners? ID cards open the doors for government to track a whole host of information that can be twisted against us if we become a theat to their plans.

Protest a war? Protest anything unjust done by the government and they can use all that information against you. They do this already. Did you never se any of the reports of abuses against US citizens rights after 9-11 because they apposed the war in iraq/afganistan?

As long as you don't do anything the government deems wrong you have nothing to worry about.

And that is the very problem!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I would like a card that was my driving licence, passport, birth certificate, the lot in one. It would save so much hassle. I would care if my DNA, finger prints and what not was on it. I can see why people wouldnt be too happy at that but just the way of the world. A voloutary ID card would defeat its purpose as it would be a waste of money.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just wondering who will pay for the ID cards for people living on Social Security, thats at least 4 million people. Will they get free ones paid for by the taxpayer?If not thats 4 million people not accounted for.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If the UK is getting ID cards will Iraq? Thats were the real terrorist threat happen everyday. The idea will spread to the rest of Europe through Blair and maybe the Americas through Bush. Then the middle east with Iraq. The seeds are being planted lets see them grow.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted by Bulldog 52
I wonder why the Government is pushing ID cards that will cost at least 10 billion pounds to implement. That money could be spent on real defense, like buying a few more ships for the Navy, we only have about 25 destroyers and frigates left now.

Always with the moaning about the UK Armed Forces there Bulldog. Why not bring that argument back to this UK Armed Forces thread...seems to me that you are avoiding the argument...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
surely if these id cards will stop terrorists, then if we send them over to iraq, maybe even north korea aswell...might stop everyone because they'll have id cards...oh dear not id cards! how can anyone be a terrorist when there are id cards around!

the two documents you'll need to get your id card is a passport and birth certificate...the two most frequently forged documents...so we can gather than terrorism will be on the decrease, yet forgery will be on the increase.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
In my opinion it’s all in preparation for this cashless society they want to create. Although i heard some good arguments against it, like the ID card, its what they want.

Personally i think its all to do with taxes, benifits / privalages.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
No surprise that this story has fallen off the radar completely in the MSM over here. Live8 every body, Live8! Your civil rights are being dismantled...Live8!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If some one wants to strap a bomb to them selves then the ID card will not do much to prevent an explosion. 9/11 terrorists got on a plane and did not even use a bomb or a gun. Will this mean you will forever be watched if you have a criminal record because the air ports new computers should detect if you are a threat, unless thats the next step, a criminal recognition system so once you are a criminal you will always be a threat. A new form of discrimination called digital data discrimination. What if they say you need evidence of who your friends are like references on these cards. This in the future could get really silly and your life is in the chip pan.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What irritates me is that 9/11 happened using domestic flights which had little security in comparison to international flights. As was said at the time, it was like getting on a bus.

So when I have to go through 10x security on an international flight when it was good enough before and suddenly my fingerprints are required just to enter a transit lounge I get slightly irritated.

Maybe the flying schools and also the staff that man 747 (or whatever they were) flight simulators (not many of them around) should be more weary of suspicious people that are only interested in navigation and flying in a straight line, and not landing and taking off like most.

Common sense stops terrorists, not billions of pounds worth of junk.

So while the authorities were searching me and other dangerous people on the flight, (like a 10 year old kid and the Captain of the damn plane) on my holiday they missed the kids that stole a Cessna and joyrided around New York, noone noticing until they drunkenly landed.

Yeah, US-VISIT really highlighted the problem there, like it did when the blokes body parts fell out of the undercarriage bay, where instead of a sad little man trying to escape his country there could have been a bomb instead.

I can't wait for our billio-ns of pounds to really make a difference here to with our pointless ID cards. Another government project against the people, sponsered by - wait for it - ... the people!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join