It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you have to do to see ghosts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hi,

I've always been intrested in the paranormal, but I've never seen a ghost/orb/vortex/etc. I was wondering if we could make a list of perfect "ghosting" conditions to help people that have never seen or heard one. From what I can tell from reading this forum, these things are pretty much required/help:

1. Move into a house rather than building one;

2. The person living in the house must have died a fairly gruesome death (suicide, murder, or violent medical condition);

3. They seem to appear from about 11 P.M. to 2 A.M., as a good average;

4. They don't seem to appear obviously, but instead appear in windows or gliding along a wall;

5. Abandoned buildings, especially mental or regular hospitals, are very paranormally active.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Why in the world would you want to see a ghost? YOU are alive and have a wonderful life to live. To waste it on energy that has moved on is to lose the day you have been blessed with.

If you want to see a ghost you must first move on to the point that you aren't looking for them. When you stop looking for them, they will start looking for you. For no other reason then you have grown to a welcoming point.

If you don't know how to contact a ghost you have absolutely no business trying to contact a ghost. You are asking for more then you can deal with.

this is my humble opinion,

Wupy

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying, though. Could you explain it a little better? Why is it more than I can deal with?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
He is saying look before you leap.

There are a few other things that can be involved with seeing paranormal activity.

1) 9pm and 3am is usually the best time to see a ghost. But I dont think this rule applies tho, cause they can be seen anytime of the day by diffrent people.

2) I hear during the full moon is a better chance on seeing them, something to do with magnetic forces and such.. Kinda like how mental homes get a rad overactive on full moon nights.

2A) I also hear on the fall equalnox is a good time.. Supposively the time of the dead or something to that effect.

3) If you are planning on doing this I would say take a 35mm Camera and a Digital camera and digital camcorder with nightvision. These are great tools to catch things we cant see.

4) I think any cemetary should be a good place to hang out for a few hrs past 12am.

[edit on 6/26/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ah, thanks. I'm not really searching SPECIFICALLY for ghosts, but if I'm ever in an area that's famous for ghosts, I might go out and see what I can find.

P.S. I've heard about the full moon thing in mental houses (how the word "lunatic" is...luna, meaning moon), but never that it was good for ghosts. I guess you learn something everyday.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
where are you from???

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Kentucky. (I'm not really proud, though.
)

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
hey, i wish i could help u out on this one but id like to know how for myself, and thats why i chose to read this thread in the first place. so i hope u will find something if u do go searching, and if u do find something please try to post it in this thread. thanx!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am not taking this as I know what is in your state but is there any old civil war battles that were fought there and whatever..

Also I forgot to add, if you have a recording device and a coffecan. Put the device in the coffee can and ask a series of questions something like,

Is there anyone here?

Can anyone hear me?

and other stupid questions you can think of.. You may get a response from someone/thing

THe can is to cut out radio waves in case you are wondering.

I have yet to try this but i plan to soon.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well I'd do a google for local places that you can search. There is a national haunted directory that you can buy on paperback but i also suspect there is one online too. I would bring a candy thermonitor or some other way to record temperature because you can find hot and cold spots which usually indicate activity in the area. Especially if the decrease in temperature drops very rapidly. A camera is always good to bring too because ther is always the chance even if you don't snap a photo that something might actually get caught on the film. Weird anomolies and such.

Happy hunting

-Aza

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thanks!

Listen...my aunt just told me that she's had encounters with the head carpenter that helped build her house...they were very close friends. He died a couple of years ago from cancer. He was a practical joker, and when a light flickers in her room she playfully says "Oh, stop it, Owen" (that was his name), and it stops...and I could have sworn I've felt something behind me in the unfinished room of their house. So, do you think it would be a good idea to set up a webcam and voice recorder in there, and see if anything comes up? You never know...

Jeez, she waited this long to tell me about it, though!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think mrwupy is right. They come to you. I had a friend who died in a car crash and three weeks after he died he came to me in a dream. It was very vivid colorful and clear. I wasn't scared because he was my friend and had good intentions. You might want to tread light on this subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
When someone dies in sin like hanging themselves thats usually when you see ghosts.
This is because demons follow evil and stay with evil and are stuck in those spots showing themselves when they can. Demons cant go anywhere and do anything so their prison is those evil deeds and places evil deeds were/are. Demons are those tall darker than dark man-like shadow people you see out the corner of your eye or actually in front of you in the dark. Or in some cases different forms but it doesnt matter.

You want to see a ghost than do some evil and I mean real evil things and/or worship the devil and call them to you....NOT recommended because they can kill you in your sleep and nobody will know otherwise.
Natural deaths in sleep can be explained by demons getting them cause its came close to happening to me and others I know....SCARY stuff.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wisdumb

Where the hell did you hear that stuff..

I donno what you have been reading, taught, or whatever but that isnt how things go... I dont want to turn this into a religious post but man thats is some screwed books/people you are reading/talking to.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Sorry, .. How about they are images of a parallel universe of very strong emotions or times of people or things people could have done? Or remote viewers that arent used to doing it?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've read that stories of poltergeist events almost always occur in the presence of one or more children/teenagers. I don't know if that would be the same as the sort of ghosts you can see. However, the ethics of subjecting children to possible danger just to get a glimpse of a ghost are... well, I think you know what they are. Maybe if you are still young (sorry I have no idea what your age is), you might have a better chance of encountering some sort of ghost on your own. I'm very skeptical on pretty much all paranormal stuff, but I find it interesting to read on occasion, nonetheless.

I would suggest looking for buildings or areas that are reputed to be haunted. There's always some in any city, I think, but sometimes you have to ask around to find out.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
1. first of all open your third eye.
2. not everyone can see ghosts. some can see, others can only feel and sense another presence
3. seeing ghosts only in old buildings is not correct. they're everywhere. i got a cemetary and crematorium nearby so i get new visitors frequently. which i got to pass on because they were affraid to move on of their own. guess what...shouldn't this be the job of "god" according to the bible? to bad it works different when put into practice. and Death itself can't be everywhere all the time.

in older buildings where alleged acts of crime etc took place consist of more spirits with bad tempers. more like the hauntings and flying objects that you ocasionally hear about. i suggest you don't get near such a place unless you actually know what you're doing.
4. ghosts appearing between a certain time at night isn't entirely correct either. this is because there are different types of "hauntings".
a) a ghost is there itself with it's soul. it can do as it pleases and whenever it wants to. not limited to a certain time frame or place
b) a "copy" of the ghost's soul is there. it lives inside a loop which repeats itself. it can be repeated over and over or only once a day within a certain time frame.
c) ghosts that are stuck in the past, but can still move around and you can see them. but can't communicate with them.

and several more. this is why every haunting is different. you don't know when you're dealing with a soul itself or just a memory of it and whether it lives there actively or lives inside a loop or the past.

you can see ghosts clearer at night because their energy is faint but bright which clashes with a dark background. so it makes it easier to see them at those times.

4. they appear in many ways. most i encouter are ghosts of the catagory A that i mentioned above. they wander around just like you and me do in daily life. going where and when we want to.

ghosts of the other catagories manifest in different ways. some show themselves in mirrors, others as reflections, others you see inside of glass or walking around doing the same thing over and over again inside a loop.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Not everyone is capable of seeing ghosts. You have to be psychically open. I am such a person.

It has been 27 years since I became aware of an unseen presence. This happened shortly after buying a home back in 1978. This first and most frightening experience opened my perception from then on.

One night, when roused from a sound sleep, I saw an old women leaning over me. I was terrified and as I screamed, she literally dematerialized. My stunned husband searched the entire house including the attic and basement. Finding nothing, he searched our yard and the length of our block.

After that, "other worldly" visitors made their presence known by less traumatic means.

During the next 17 years, ghostly "pranks" became common place in my home. My TV turned on and off by itself. When I played music, the volume would go up or down according to "the others" whim. Some people tried to explain these oddities scientifically, suggesting magnetic interference.

But how do dismiss water going on full blast without being touched? More insidious, was the time darts flew past my sons head to the board he was playing on. I don't remember who scored highest

After several years these occurrences became customary. But with the emergence of new ghostly pranks, I became increasingly annoying.

Now my other worldly antagonist, dare I say poltergeist, engaged in his version of "Hide and Seek." Of course he did all the hiding and I was forced to seek. He hid my car keys, my jewelry, nick knack's and any other small item he fancied. It drove me absolutely crazy!

I'd might find my keys for instance, down in the cupboard with my pots and pans. Missing condiments were once found days later under my bed. But the most bizarre incident was when I found a missing ring inside a container of cottage cheese.

In time, my family, accepted the presence of our ghostly roommate, and carried on as usual. I frequently addressed 'him' and when provoked, didn't hesitate to tell him off.

In 1995, after a bitter divorce, the court forced me to sell the house. Since then I've remarried, and lived in three different places. Well, I've got to tell you, either my "buddy" hitched a ride with me, or I've got new company. But there's more. "Casper's" car pooling with me to work these days too.

To my relief, I haven't seen an other physical manifestation since that night years ago. Although he may be working up to it. you see he talks to me now, mostly at work, sometimes while I'm driving. Not much of a conversationalist, he whispers only two or three words at a time. Recently, when three of my coworkers admitted hearing voices, I was blown away! It seems being part of the family isn't enough for him anymore. Now he's fraternizing in my social circle. What's next? Maybe he'd like to go clubbing!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If ya were a poltergist in a nightclub, immagine how much fun ya would have

Oh the joy!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I did a Google search for haunted places near my house...and there are a TON at the college in the next town!
Maybe next time I'm there they'll let me investigate a bit!

P.S. DragonsDemesne - Yeah, I'm a teenager still.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join