It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffalo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi my name is phil and I’m 16, my dad and mum split up about 6-7 years ago, I was seeing my dad for about 2 years after that – until he disappeared and stopped seeing me. I’ll get straight to the point, my mum told me recently that he was in an association called the ‘Royal order of buffalo’s’, my mum said that my dad would never mention a word to her about it and would always respond ‘it’s a charity, that’s all Im allowed to tell you’. I’ve done research on google but I cant find exactly what im looking for, although I’ve come up with a couple of things and I’ve put my own judgement below them.

This is the RAOB (Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffalo) logo.
The thing that strikes me on this is the all seeing eye, the most famous illuminati symbol then on the right you have a shield with the English 3 lions and the eye is portrayed above it looking down on it.

On official homepage there is a picture of a buffalo head, don’t know what anyone else thinks, but that looks pretty satanic.

The buffalo is the symbol of power and authority, aswell as wisdom.

If theres anyone out there that can fill me in some what better so I can have a fuller understanding to this socieity then I’m appealing to you. I will be very grateful for any responses! If theres any questions we’ll try our best to answer them for you.

thank you guys!!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Antediluvian means before the great Biblical flood of Noah, so these people harken back to a time where the world was full of a sin and half-breeds created from the union of the Sons of God and the Daughters of Man.

Doesn't sound good at all IMHO.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000
The thing that strikes me on this is the all seeing eye, the most famous illuminati symbol then on the right you have a shield with the English 3 lions and the eye is portrayed above it looking down on it.

On official homepage there is a picture of a buffalo head, don’t know what anyone else thinks, but that looks pretty satanic.

Oh come on! There is NOTHING satanic about the all-seeing-eye! It is a symbol of an all-knowing and ever-watchful God, watching over all of us! This is not an illuminati symbol (the illuminati doesn't even exist as far as we know), the all-seeing-eye has been used by THOUSANDS of organizations in the past, including the Freemasons and the United States of America. It is VERY common for fraternal organizations to use the all-seeing-eye as a symbol, as they all require a belief in God.

And what is so satanic about the head of a buffalo?? It's THE ORDER OF BUFFALOES!!! Duh.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Hi my name is phil and I’m 16, my dad and mum split up about 6-7 years ago, I was seeing my dad for about 2 years after that – until he disappeared and stopped seeing me.

Sorry to hear 'bout both of that.

The thing that strikes me on this is the all seeing eye, the most famous illuminati symbol

Why is this an illuminati symbol? Its god, in the sky, all-seeing, all knowing.

buffalo head, don’t know what anyone else thinks, but that looks pretty satanic

Its a buffalo head. It looks like what it looks like.

djhonsto77
so these people harken back to a time where the world was full of a sin and half-breeds created from the union of the Sons of God and the Daughters of Man.

What? There was a lot fo stuff going on before the flood. In lots of these groups, the antediluvian times are the time when god conversed directly with man, as in the garden, and even in the world after the fall. Man could worship god in a very natural and pure way. The antediluvian world became wicked, but then again, this one is supposed to be getting pretty wicked. That'd've hardly made jesus a wicked man, for living in this world, or anyone else.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
maybe you are right, but im just seeking answers about why this group would be so secret, my dad was a life member to the RAOB and he by no means believed in god and tried to stop my mum attending church. So i ask you how a man can get a life membership into a strict brotherhood when he doesn't believe in god although god's watchful eye is the main feature of the logo? it just doesnt make sense!

Lets not get into a debate about wether the illumintati exists or not that is way off the question, I've made my mind, and so have million's of others.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by fill0000]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's a fraternal order/society, and rather less secretive than the Masons. They were more popular in the early part of the 20th century, and shows/movies alluded to them in fun:
www.alphalink.com.au...

As I recall, the lodge that the cartoon character, Fred Flintstone, belonged to was based on the Buffalos.

This is a main site that has a "looking for a lost brother" link:www.raob.org...

Here's a link with an "introduction to Buffaloism" www.raobgle.org.uk...

...and you can browse about 800 lodges' webpages here:
www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

maybe you are right, but im just seeking answers about why this group would be so secret

So secret as to what? Not openly discuss it with the wife and kids? I don't think it requires great secrecy for that.

he by no means believed in god and tried to stop my mum attending church. So i ask you how a man can get a life membership into a strict brotherhood when he doesn't believe in god although god's watchful eye is the main feature of the logo? it just doesnt make sense!

Why not? There are lots of people that belong to groups that don't take everything the group talks about seriously. I'm sure that there are a lot of boy scouts who are neither thrifty nor courteous nor kind, for example.

Lets not get into a debate about wether the illumintati exists or not

Good idea

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

fred flintstone

With the big hats with the little horns on the side!

I remember that! Neat.

" The Grand Primo Brother John Herbert ROH"

Awesome title. Primo, thats great.

This must be some sort of masonic offshoot tho. Not official perhaps, and perhaps it outright mimics the masons. But the apron? I mean, i can understand a group that models itself on labourers using the apron, sort of like using a toolbelt or whatever, but these buffalo guys? Looks like the grand lodge of england meets in a masonic hall, which indicates association, if nothing else. One of their papers notes that there is a "Dudley Seminar", possibly named after that famous mason?

Cug

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Looks like the grand lodge of england meets in a masonic hall, which indicates association, if nothing else.

Not really, I think a lot of Masonic halls are just open for rent. I had a friend who had his wedding reception at a Masonic hall. He just went in and asked to use their space.

The local community theater has it's shows in the Scottish Rite building downtown.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Really the only thing that the All Seeing Eye represents is religious enlightment and knowledge.

The buffalo is the symbol of power and authority, aswell as wisdom.

If theres anyone out there that can fill me in some what better so I can have a fuller understanding to this socieity then I’m appealing to you. I will be very grateful for any responses! If theres any questions we’ll try our best to answer them for you.

thank you guys!!

Thinking that a buffalo head is "Satanic" is pretty ridiculous. That's like saying the Elks are Satanic for using an elk and the Lions International are Satanic for using a lion.

Basically Antediluvian means extremely old and antiquted or according to biblical reference occuring or belonging to the era before the Flood.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
fill0000,

Sorry about your Dad, but it has nothing to do w/ the Buffalos.

Here's how evil THEY are:

RITUAL

Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.P.: Who Knocks?
C.Ty. answers.
S.P.: His Business?
C.Ty.: To introduce a Gentleman who desires to become a member of our Ancient and Honourable Order
S.P.: His Name ?
C.Ty.: Mr. ....
S.P.: His correct Age?
C.Ty. answers.
S.P.: Admit him, Brethren be upstanding.
City Warden meets the Introducer and Unenlightened.
S.P.: Conduct the Candidate to the Worthy City Marshal.
C.M.: Mr. ..., are you a Loyal supporter of the Queen and Constitution?
Candidate: I am.
C.M.: Do you enter this Lodge of your own free will and consent ?
Candidate: I do.
C.M.: Take the Candidate to the Royal Making Chair in centre of lodge.
S.P.: Brethren to your Seats.

Lecture

Most unenlightened individual, you are about to become a Member of a Society, the principles of which are calculated not only to relieve the wants of the indigent and the sufferings of the distressed, but to promote Peace, Harmony and Good-fellowship throughout the World.
From the ancient records of History we learn that the principles of the Order of Buffaloes are of great antiquity, and were adopted soon after the creation of Man. The darkness of ignorance, and the prejudices emanating therefrom, caused them at times to be comparatively hidden from the World. But I am happy to inform you that darkness has to a great extent been dispelled, and those prejudices removed, by the formation of Missionary Lodges.
For the present high and greatly extended position of our Order we are indebted to the indefatigable exertions of Primo George Cooper Murray, who, having received a Dispensation to extend the Order, fulfilled his Mission with astounding Zeal and Wisdom; and to his labours we may attribute, not only the extension of Lodges to various parts of the Globe, and a rapid increase in the number at home, but also a great improvement in our Ritual and Laws.
The two great principles of our Order, to which I most earnestly direct your altention, are Philanthropy and Harmony.
By the exercise of Philanthropy we develop the most noble attributes of civilised Man which distinguish him from the “Unenlightened child of Nature,” and by the practice of Harmony we seek to relieve our minds from the cares and troubles of the outer World, and unite ourselves in the bonds of Friendship and Brotherly Love.
I may here inform you that the practice of blindfolding an unenlightened is of the most remote origin. ft is typical of the state of Darkness in which your mind has hitherto been enveloped concerning the mysteries of our Order; it serves to free you from the influence of surrounding attractions; and it tests your possession of three noble virtues which are required of him who desires to become a Good, True, and Loyal Buffalo, namely: Patience, Resignation and Fortitude.
Having thus far made you acquainted with the principles upon which our Order is hased, are you still desirous of proceeding, and becoming more fully Enlightened as to its mysteries.
S.P.: Lead the Candidate to the Royal Presence.
S.P.: I am now about to ask you to take an oath or obligation which we as Buffaloes consider lust as binding as any oath taken in a Court of Law, but it does not interfere with your Religious or Political Creeds, as these subjects are not allowed to be discussed in our Order. Are you prepared to take this obligation.
City Warden then prepares the Initiate to receive the Obligation or Oath of Secrecy.
R.K. on C., R.H. on L.B.
S.P.: Brethren be upstanding.

Declaration

I, ..., do hereby solemnly declare that I will never divulge the Secrets, Signs, and Passwords which may be given to me in this or any other Lodge of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes; I will not write them or cause them to be written, or communicate them in any way, unless it be to him or them who are lawfully and justly entitled to same. I will at all times act in Strict conformity with the Laws and Customs of the Order I will also, to the extent of my power succour and defend a brother, under any LAWFUL circumstances, but especially those of difficulty or need.
All these promises I sincerely make, and with the same solemnity that attaches to an oath.
So Help Me M... G... N....
S.P.: We now ask you to bind the Oath you have just taken by kissing the bowl of this Common Pipe which is typical of what you have been and to what you will ultimately return, namely, Clay.
Candidate kisses the Clay.
S.P.: Inasmuch as we have observed your Patience in attending our Lecture, your Resignation to the forms imposed on you, and your fortitude in desiring to be still further enlightened, I will proceed to inform you that the records of our Order, from the days of Noah to the present time, contain a roll of illustrious Knights, Primos and Brethren, many of whom have filled high positions in the Unenlightened World.
In the Sixteenth Century, Elizabeth, Queen of England, being satisfied that the principles of our Order were of great benefit to the Community, as well as a strong support to any well-regulated Government, presented us with a Banner, bearing the Motto, “Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit,” which being freely interpreted means, “Mortals are not wise at all hours.”
That great Dramatic Luminary, Shakespeare; also Sir Walter Raleigh, Smith, Lisle, Kean, Cook, Grimaldi and a host of other distinguished Personages were Brother Buffs.
But here I will again remind you that the principal motives of our Order are Philanthropy and Harmony; and let me impress upon your mind that you will best promote your own happiness by mitigating the sufferings and sorrows of your less fortunate fellow creatures; and, whenever a poor Brother crosses your path, give him what you can afford with a free and generous heart, saying, “Take this, and fare better elsewhere.” And now having enumerated so many good Buffs, I hope soon to take you by the hand and rank you amongst our number.
In your present condition what would you most like to see?
Candidate: Light.
Let him behold it! Only censor.
Chant: “Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, and sing
The glories of our Mystic Ring;
Rejoice, rejoice, and do not mar,
The Glory of our Mystic Star.”
S.P.: I wish you to observe that this flame is symbolical of the Fire of Justice, the Light of Truth and the Warmth of Philanthropy.
1. Great and Mighty Spirit of Brotherly Love assist us.
2. Feather-Heel’d Mercury lend us Thine aid.
3. Spirit of True Buffaloism hover around us.
Chant: It’s crossed, it’s crossed, it’s crossed,
It’s crossed, it s crossed, it’s crossed,
It’s crossed, it’s crossed, the charm is crossed.
It’s broke, it’s broke, it’s broke,
It’s broke, it’s broke, it’s broke,
It’s broke, it’s broke, the charm is broke.
S.P.: Brethren assist me to form the link.
Initiate stands in the centre.
S.P.: City Marshal are all the Brethren properly linked.
C.M.: All properly linked, Sitting Primo
S.P.: Newly Initiated Brother (or Brethren). I call your attention to what is known as the Buffalo Link. You will observe it is an endless chain, formed by passing the Right Hand over the Left, thus bringing the right hand nearest the heart, which is symbolical of the good feeling which should exist amongst all brethren of the Order. It is in this manner all Lodges are opened and closed throughout the world. I shall shortly ask you to join this link which I may inform you can only be broken by death, and we all sincerely trust that you may be spared for many years to become a useful member of our unbroken link.
S.P.: Brethren number.
S P.: I hereby declare Bro. ... duly and legally initiated into the mysteries and privileges of our Ancient and Honourable Order. This I declare by the powers vested in me by the Grand Council, and, in the name of Her Majesty the Queen and in the presence of ... good and true hearted members of our Order.
S.P. asks the A.B. to give the Address.

Address

A.B.: Bro. ..., since you entered this Lodge of your own free will and consent you have solemnly promised the Brethren standing round, that the means necessary for the well-being of our Order, which have or may be entrusted to you shall remain secret, and that nothing shall force them from you. Now think well of the promise you have made, and of the wound it would give to the principles of our Order were the same betrayed. Of all the virtues of social life, that of Faithfulness is the greatest. He who betrays his friend commits a grievous crime, but he who intrudes himself into our Order, to destroy the peace and break the bonds, which render it social and happy, is a being whom all good men despise. No matter in what position of life you may be placed, from the Prince to the Peasant, if you fulfil your relative duty, you are a Good, True and Loyal Buffalo
S.P. invites Initiate to join the link.
National Anthem is sung.
S.P.: Brethren be seated.
S.P.: Bro. ..., I will now instruct you in the Signs and Passwords of the First Degree.
These should always be given inside the Lodge. Done.
S.P.: Bro. ..., you will now retire with the C. Warden and seek admission in due form.

Presentation of Rule Book and Members Card

On behalf of the Lodge I present you with your membership card which is a replica of the Certificate in the centre of your Emblem that you will receive later. This requires your signatute to complte and make it you own conclusive property. If at any time you are challenged at the Tyle and your membership card demanded also a specimen of your signature for comparison it will then prove beyond all doubt your real identity. The flyleaf is for affiliation to other Lodges under Grand Council. If you affiliate see that the City Secretary fills in all details.
This is your Rule Book containing the laws of the Order and duties of all Officers. You will find guidance should you take up any office in Minor Lodge and it will teach you your responsibility to the Order in general. I call your attention to the incorporated schedule of Fines and Offences which shows you for what you can procure a charge against any Brother, please read it for enlightenment. Our funds are raised by these methods.

Lecture for Presentation of Emblem

Bro. ..., on behalf of the Lodge I now present you with the Emblem of our Order appertaining to the First Degree. To you it appears as an etching in black and white with little or no significance at all. However, I assure you that there is a meaning to everything portrayed thereon.
You will observe that it is an archway supported by two Corinthian pillars. The base or foundation of those two pillars is built upon the words Philanthropy and Harmony, these being the basic principles of our Order. By Philanthropy we mitigate the suffering and distress of our Brother member, assist widows and orphans. In Harm we seek relief from our cares and troubles, instill the feeling of friendship, create generosity and beauty in life, thus bringing the spirit of Brotherly love.
The Pillars are representative of Lodge Officers, and from time to time you will be asked to fill one of these Collars, thus becoming part of the pillars which support the centre arch.
The centre portion of the arch is held together by a keystone which bears the letters S.P. thus representing the Sitting Primo of the Lodge. Take away the keystone from the arch and it will coflapse, take away your Sitting Primo and the Lodge cannot function. By your zeal and efforts as part of those pillars you in turn may become the S.P. or Keystone of the Arch which is your Lodge.
I would remind you that your passwords are embodied on the Emblem. At the base of he pillar to your left you see portrayed the bust of that dramatic luminary Shakespeare. Over the arch in the centre you see the God Atlas bearing the world and its cares. On the right at the base of the pillar you see a portrait of a medieval King. Hence your passwords which as you know are split into syllables.
You will notice the figure of Justice reclining at ease with a pair of balanced scales.
She is blindfold as you were when entering Lodge. In your state of darkness you received Justice and no practical jokes were played upon you. Now that you are enlightened as to the principles of our, Order I ask you to remember that Justice should be granted to all, The other reclining figure represents Truth. You will observe that the face of Truth cannot be seen, however, it is reflected in the mirror she is holding. A mirror will reflect nothing except the truth or what is real. Once again I ask you to reflect the truth at all times and on looking into a mirror you will be able to see the reflection of either a good or indifferent brother.
May I direct your attention to the portraits of Queen Elizabeth and Sir Walter Raleigh. The former presented us with a banner bearing the inscription “Nemo Mortalium Ommbus Horis Sapit” which as you now know means “Mortals are not wise at all hours.” It is possible for everyone to make mistakes, therefore, have fortitude and remember our motto.
Sir Walter was a member of our Order and was responsible for our noble standing, having convinced the Queen we were loyal subjects and supporters of the Constitution.
You will observe that at the summit of the Corinthian pillars there are two Knights of old, one bearing the letters “K.O M.” and the other “R.O.H.” Having passed through the archway and rendered noble service you may be raised to the high honour of Knight of Merit. it is through further endeavours and consistent ardour that you may be rewarded and have your name inscribed on the Roll of Honour attaining the highest award possible.
The blank space in the centre of the Emblem at the bottom is for your signature which I hope you will sign before leaving Lodge and thus complete it. The Certificate proving that you are a bonafide member of the Order bears your name and is signed by the Officers who initiated you.
It is customary for Brethren to have this Emblem framed and placed in a conspicuous place in their home. I would advise you to do likewise. Should you adopt this suggestion see that the person framing it leaves the seal of Grand Council showing which proves to all it is a genuine Emblem of Grand Council
You have now been a member of the Lodge and Order for four weeks and more or less completed your probationary period. We all hope and trust that you will continue to show interest in the Lodge and work to foster the true spirit of Brotherly love. Maybe at some time in the future you will be regarded as a stalwart of the Order and earn the everlasting respect of the brethren you may come in contact with.
In conclusion may I congratulate you on your initiation and trust you will be spared for many years as a true and faithful member of our Order.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Honestly, Bison are better than buffalo.....

Oh and to contribute to denying ignorance,

A Bison and a buffalo are the same animal.

[edit on 6/19/2005 by lockheed]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
Here's how evil THEY are:

RITUAL

Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes

They're not EVIL... but man are they BORING!

It's like they took all the good parts out of masonid rituals and used what was left. Just sit in a chair, hear few lectures and BOOM! you're a Buffalo... or a Bison, apparently they're the same thing

[edit on 19-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm sure that there are a lot of boy scouts who are neither thrifty nor courteous nor kind, for example.

Sadly there are.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Cug
I had a friend who had his wedding reception at a Masonic hall. He just went in and asked to use their space.

Thanks for the clarification.

Originally posted by lockheed
A Bison and a buffalo are the same animal.

All bison are bufalos, yet not all buffalos are bison.

Non-bisonian buffalo

external imageexternal image

Tho they do appear to mead the Bison. Which is odd, since they seem to be focused in britian, where there are no Bison, nor buffalo.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
thank you everyone for your time and answering questions that i needed answers... so basically there not evil just a strange brotherhood donating to charity?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Whatever it is it's symbol denotes it as be subordinate to the UGLE so its clearly a "regular" Masonic Lodge of some sort.

Most likely an additional low-level side degree associated with a Craft (Blue) Lodge.

Most Blue Lodges have their own additional symbolic degrees that appeal to whatever demographic they target, for example Lodges comprised of motorcyclists will have "biker gang" type rituals and ones comprised of marksmen will have something like that harmless ritual that recentally got some plonker shot in the face no doubt.

The Flintstones reference may not be as far off the mark as you may think, many lodges comprised of "Baby Boomers" use cartoon related rituals for light relief.

edit: woefull spelling errors.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by MrNECROS]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Whatever it is it's symbol denotes it as be subordinate to the UGLE so its clearly a "regular" Masonic Lodge of some sort.

Most likely an additional low-level side degree associated with a Craft (Blue) Lodge.

There is nothing masnic about it, it is another fraternal organization that has used Freemasonry's format, such as the Elks, Moose, Eagles, Lions, Odd Fellows and even Rotary Int'l. Don't confuse yourself or the readers of this forum, there is nothing masonic about them.

Most Blue Lodges have their own additional symbolic degrees that appeal to whatever demographic they target, for example Lodges comprised of motorcyclists will have "biker gang" type rituals and ones comprised of marksmen will have something like that harmless ritual that recentally got some plonker shot in the face no doubt.

That's not true either. Many masons take it upon themselves to start their own "clubs" with their own degree systems, similar to their masonic lodges, but this does not mean that MOST do this... better said, SOME do this. And they, again, are not regular masonic degrees in any way. They are not condoned nor endorsed by any Grand Lodge in the jurisdictions.

The Flintstones reference may not be as far off the mark as you may think, many lodges comprised of "Baby Boomers" use cartoon related rituals for light relief.

I would LOVE to see an example of this. I have never heard of such a thing, and I believe you have not either.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I think that they are saying that their Grand Lodge is called the UGLE, not that its the masonic UGLE.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I think that they are saying that their Grand Lodge is called the UGLE, not that its the masonic UGLE.

It doesnt even say UGLE, just "Grand Lodge of England". Obviously this is the Grand Lodge of Buffaloes of England. I don't understand why MrNECROS tries to twist everything towards Freemasonry?!?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join