It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love My MAC!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So I sitting on the couching watching the train wreck of a show called "The Restaruant", writing an article for my website. I spent a considerable amount of time writing it, cause, well, I suck at writing. I never once saved the article. I though about saving it a number of times, but I just though "Hey, I have the email application open all the time.....its no biggie."( I write my stuff in the OS X email app casue it has a good spell checker, and its lot easier than loading word.)

The show was coming to end, and I was getting ready to go to bed. So I just closed up my ibook, and stood up. I noticed something was wrong at the bottom of the computer. I felt around and noticed that the battery was hanging off a little bit. I was about to flip the book upside down when the battery just plopped out. PANIC!!!! the computer just off, and I didn't save that article.

I gave a few prayers to the almighty apple god, and than rang the GONG. The apple logo came on but, it took a bit longer than usual to start up because it needed to ran FSCK. Ok goodie, everything is all loaded up, now I just have to start the email app. I start the app, and notice I have a draft file in the draft folder. Ok, this looks promising. I open it up and OH MY GOD, it's the article fully intact. It was like I had just closed my book for the night.

Just had to share story with you all.

Twisted...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't have a mac and i haven't used one So i don't love them

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
TwistedVertex,

That is one sweet avatar!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwistedVertex

I gave a few prayers to the almighty apple god, and than rang the GONG. The apple logo came on but, it took a bit longer than usual to start up because it needed to ran FSCK. Ok goodie, everything is all loaded up, now I just have to start the email app. I start the app, and notice I have a draft file in the draft folder. Ok, this looks promising. I open it up and OH MY GOD, it's the article fully intact. It was like I had just closed my book for the night.

Twisted...

Cool, wish Microsoft have some sort of fault protection like that.

BTW not unless when I have to go mobile, I usually uses the power cable.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
that's cool, I am happy for u - it's a bugger when stuff like that happens, it should be said that most e-mail apps save the draft off for u every minute or so (depends on setting
) - and I don't like macs, use one every day, lets hope the G5 can deliver later this year...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah because you were typing it in your email program, it didn't got lost. Opera's 7.x M2 email system has the same file saving option. It also saves unsended emails automatically as a draft email.
So don't praise you mac for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Outlook 2002 does this as well. BTW, I'd sell my soul for the Titanium Powerbook.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Your killing my high. Well I won't preach about the Mac goodness, Just thought some of you Pro-Mac people (which there appears to be very little here
) would share my high.

My avatar is just a pic of myself, We tweaked the colors and bit in photoshop, My father added some glow effects..He claims its his best work. Which it does look great, the glow is even visible in the glassess.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ok Ok, met Petie...He gets his first Mac.

homepage.mac.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yeah, it's so much easier to buy a mac than to debug your PC's problem. Typical Mac user. Sorry to blow your bubble, but I've worked with both, and Mac are not bug-less or crash free

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.electric-chicken.co.uk...

I hate macs. While I'm at it, I hate Saab drivers and people who play golf too.

Only kidding, but the link above is rather amusing.

Also, check this movie if you haven't seen it, it's got a good ending....

www.matrix-xp.com...

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Outlook 2002 does this as well. BTW, I'd sell my soul for the Titanium Powerbook.

That 17 inch power book behind the scotch in my avatar is mine... mine-mine-mine-all-mine!
mmmmwwwwwwaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Downloading now...Dude whats the deal with your Avatar Zzub, thats some pretty freaky stuff.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
William

Dawm, I haven't really looked close enough the first time, but IT IS the titanium powerbook on your avatar! You lucky bastard!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The book is friggin gorgeous, however the powerbook has been a very rocky road for william.

That Matrix video is messed up man...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Downloading now...Dude whats the deal with your Avatar Zzub, thats some pretty freaky stuff.

He he, I'd like to say something clever about my avatar, but I just assembled it in photoshop. It's the ideal office dork.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
ROTFL
What a great movie

homepage.mac.com...

Well i get more interested in the mac, apple sure is a lot more inventive than microsoft. iTunes, iPod, and stuff like that.
I like the new G5, but it's a bit overbudget

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So I sitting on the couching watching the train wreck of a show called "The Restaruant", writing an article for my website. I spent a considerable amount of time writing it, cause, well, I suck at writing. I never once saved the article. I though about saving it a number of times, but I just though "Hey, I have the email application open all the time.....its no biggie."( I write my stuff in the OS X email app casue it has a good spell checker, and its lot easier than loading word.)

The show was coming to end, and I was getting ready to go to bed. So I just closed up my ibook, and stood up. I noticed something was wrong at the bottom of the computer. I felt around and noticed that the battery was hanging off a little bit. I was about to flip the book upside down when the battery just plopped out. PANIC!!!! the computer just off, and I didn't save that article.

Twisted...

If I'm not mistaken dont all laptops do that?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
apple sure is a lot more inventive than microsoft. iTunes, iPod, and stuff like that.
I like the new G5, but it's a bit overbudget

You do know that PCs are not made by Microsoft, only the OS is.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm aware of that m0rbid...

What I was trying to say is that Mac, spends a lot more time on making the software actually user friendly/better looking, and that it actually works....
The other things I mentioned like iTunes, and iPod are also examples of the way mac/apple design their products.
If I win the jackpot, I'll buy the new G5.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join