It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun-Control Tide Is Turning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And it's about time...

The Founders wanted to maintain a constant and large supply of gunowners who could defend liberty were it ever to be seriously threatened again. Remember, these men had lived through the early days of the American Revolution; they had seen the militia at work on April 19, 1775, when armed farmers swarmed like bees on an invading British army and sent it back to Boston in tatters. Whatever their misgivings about the militia replacing a conventional standing army, they knew first-hand that a countryside full of armed citizens was the greatest first line of defense.

www.fff.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ohio recently passed (House) legislation for CC and the senate and Gov nixed it I believe....I am ambivalent about nutcases who appear sane for the classes and such and loose their cool on the streets at night....

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The problem is and always have been criminals and gun control does nothing to control them. During the last 10 years or so, the courts actually became less strict on law breakers who would appear back on the street with automatic weapons within a week. They served a purpose...ie..To make a case for gun control..the trouble is, their guns were never in danger because they obtained them illegally. Gangs and drug lords were allowed to continue to roam and disperse their violence upon people who had actually worked and paid to live where they did. The only gun crimes we saw prosecuted was the militiaman who had seen the future and was preparing for it. He was the danger..for he endangered their control rather than the lives of his fellow citizens.

If you ask me, I find it quite refreshing that the would be enemies of the people who have plotted atrocities against the people are now the ones who find themselves and their diobolical plans in danger. Thats why they hate Bush and Ashcroft, they aren't picking on the middle American anymore, they're smoking out radicals and extremists and its hurting them and I hope it continues to hurt..to grind in the wound like salt. Last decade, the Average American knew of neighborhoods he or she could not go into or even drive through because of race, religion, or social status..but now, we will take it back and we will live and defend the liberties we pay for everyday. To all you radicals out there planning your terror attacks, now you gotta look over your shoulder everyday, every minute.

Oh and by the way, have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well said Astro!

And now a quote from our favorite crack smoking (former)mayor of the most restrictive gun law city in the country.

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate."

Marion Barry

Just a great example of how "gun-control" does NOT work.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thank You Astro!!!

This we'll Defend!

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Well said Astro!

And now a quote from our favorite crack smoking (former)mayor of the most restrictive gun law city in the country.

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate."

Marion Barry

Just a great example of how "gun-control" does NOT work.

Fry2, that quote exactly shows that gun control does work .. just think for a minute : The real bad guys get their guns anyways through criminal networks. The little evil doers have no gun anymore (b/c they could get busted b/c of the gun) and have become mostly harmless.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Gun control is a joke.

There are many countries that have huge supplies of guns in the hands of citizens. But they don�t even come close to the amount of gun deaths that America has

In Switzerland every 10th person is required to own an automatic weapon and ammunition.

Its not the fact that guns are assessable but rather the social and metal condition in America.

Gun control is like trying to cure the symptom and ignoring the disease. because it would mean that the doctor would have to admit there is a disease.

Guns aren�t the problem like it or not it�s the American people.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcana imperii
Guns aren�t the problem like it or not it�s the American people.

Exactly..... I have a sks and an several other firearms but i have never used them for anything other than target practice. My weapons were obtained legally and are going to be used for one thing only- protecting me. Gun control keeps people like me from defending myself. And trust me gun control doesnt work. If i wanted to right now i could go out and buy a nine for less than $500. The only problemn is its illegal. But for a criminal thats no problemn right? Hes already breaking the law why not have a gun to make the "gang member" feel like he's a Bas A$$.

top topics

join