It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia Down in Flames - The Death of Freedom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Just a supposition based on the knowledge that symbols hold special meaning to some people...

Was the fall of Columbia meant to symbolize the fall of Freedom?

The personification of Freedom, the new American goddess, was sometimes called Columbia. Was the space shuttle disaster engineered, or simply tragic coincidence? How many coincidences does it take to 'establish' a pattern of sorts?

Because sometimes it does seem as if there are forces that wish to murder Freedom...

And it would not surprise me if her namesake spacecraft was sacrificed, in effigy, by those who worship a different goddess...

Thoughts?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have questioned the columbia tragedy as well. Columbia is everywhere there is governance and law and order.

The statue of liberty is Columbia, clutching the light...

The drug based government of Columbia, that the united states is heavily involved in

The capitol of the U.S. is considered another country entirely separate from the United States, it is the District of Columbia.

America was "Discovered" by christopher columbus (not his real name I might add.)

The most memorable school shooting, happened at columbine university in colorado. The columbine is a significant symbol.

Columbia Tri-star pictures, creates many highly viewed and publicised films.

The nature of Columbia, is one of the greater mysteries of our country. I still have very little to go on, as far as research goes.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I had a strange premonition about that mission when it was in space...still freaks me out to this day when I think of it.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
And it would not surprise me if her namesake spacecraft was sacrificed, in effigy, by those who worship a different goddess...

I am just curious how you figure that this space craft was sacrificed. Heat shield issues have never been repairable in space, just look back at the John Glenn’s first flight. Suiting up and going below the ship would just cause further possible damage impacts to the shield. They could not reach the space station, because that has to be orbit inserted for and would have required them re-firing the main engines to get to its orbit level and speed with little or no fuel/reactant to do it with. The debris that hit it was obviously unintentional, so when did this conspiracy to sacrifice it happen?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
dj
What was your premonition, if you don't mind me asking?

Horus
Indeed..there are a lot of references aren't there?

An interesting aside, the lady Freedom logo used by Columbia Tri-Star is being phased out soon, when Sony takes over. So Freedom is going bye-bye there too...

I wonder how long it will be before Freedom statues in front of courthouses start getting 'replaced' with some other symbol?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I just was thinking about it for some reason and had a really, really bad feeling come over me. Nothing specific but quite memorable.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Recently, Condoleezza Rice announced the end of the "drug war" with Columbia.

Does that have any significance?

What do others think?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The struggle that is Columbia's economy and international relations...

www-hoover.stanford.edu...

www.peacecouncil.net...

Hey look...Opium in afghanistan...Condaleeza to the rescue

www.dpna.org...

The war on drugs collapsing?

www.gnn.tv... (giving up on "Plan Columbia?")

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The symbolic abandonment of "columbia" in all realms of the word, strikes me as odd. It seems that Columbia (the godess) is being phased out, but does this mean that it is representitive of leaving freedom behind?....possibly

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think she meant Colombia as in the country where a lot of the coc aine supply comes from. I doubt these subjects are related at all.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I guess I should have been more specific. The inferred point of the discussion is the symbology of Columbia. The original post ties columbia the shuttle, to Columbia the godess, represented in our staue of liberty. The symbolism of Columbia is freedom, the author of the original post thinks that the shuttle disaster has some symbolic meaning. The end of freedom.

I took it one step further and pointed out that the word columbia is everywhere in our government, and siginifcant events seem to happen to things that share their name with Columbia the goddess.

The objective of my last post was to point out that they are giving up on Columbia (the country) but symbolically it could mean they are giving up on the ideas of Columbia (the godess). This would in turn would mean that the current administration is giving up on freedom. Kind of a stretch I know, but I have always wondered about the significance of the word columbia, in relation to Columbia the godess.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sorry, I think you guys are right, I re-read your posts, and I think too now that it is purely co-incidental that the doomed space shuttle had the same name as the Country that after so long of having a "drug war" with the U.S., the U.S. suddenly abandoned the struggle suddenly abandoned the struggle.......

I had first thought that there might have been some correlation as far as the timing and the symbolic nature of the name, "Columbia", but I think I was way off what the original poster had in mind.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well the possibility is there, I’m sure some of the people involved with NASA also holiday out at the Grove, just conjecture I have not researched it though.

The 2003 Columbia Disaster : The "mother of all omens" for 2004 and beyond

Snip~
The belief in omens, or supernatural signs of an impending doom, is something most people in contemporary USA no longer believe in, however, many present day cultures around the world still place great reverence on certain clear and manifest synchronicities that they interpret as being warnings or signs from our "living universe" or, by some, as warnings from God.

A synchronicity was defined by the renown psychologist and researcher Carl G. Jung as a "meaningful coincidence" of two or more events where something other than the probability of chance is involved. Synchronicities often happen to all of us individually but the Columbia Shuttle disaster on February 1, 2003 was a synchronicity experienced, through modern communications, by the entire world.

Though there are many minor synchronistic elements, let us focus on the major one. For the first time there was an Israeli military person on board a USA space shuttle mission conducting military related research and experiments. That person was the Zionist Israeli Air Force Colonel Ilan Ramon. Colonel Ilan Ramon had in the past dropped bombs on Iraq on a so called "preemptive attack" and was aboard the Columbia to conduct biological, laser, and other military research for Israel to use against Palestine. As the Columbia entered the earth's atmosphere it began to disintegrate and by a great coincidence the bulk of the debris, including body parts belonging to the Israeli colonel as well as biologically contaminated junk, fell on the town of Palestine, Texas.

This event was at the same time extremely coincidental and very meaningful , qualifying the event as a major synchronicity.

What did this synchronicity or omen portent? Did it signify that the USA's continued connection with and military aid to the Zionist State of Israel will ultimately bring destruction of the nation as the Columbia was destroyed? There is no question that the Zionist occupation of Palestine facilitated by billions of dollars in USA military aid has and continues to devastate the Palestinian people.

The World Trade Center and Pentagon terrorist attacks are consequences of the USA's unquestioned propping up of Israel at the expense of the Palestinians. Today, the USA finds itself in a desperate quagmire in Iraq, losing almost daily the lives of American soldiers, all the ultimate result of the nation's support for the apartheid state of Israel. What meaning can we assign to the destruction of the Columbia over Palestine, Texas.

The one Israeli aboard the Columbia came down on Palestine like an ominous comet, but it also brought down six American astronauts. Could this be a metaphoric synchronicity of what could happen to the USA as a whole, or worse could it be a sign of the impending War of Armageddon?
www.aztlan.net...

Conspiracy and Columbia
Snip~
Some of the theories focused on Israeli crew member Col. Ilan Ramon, implying that his ethnicity and the fact that he participated, as an Israeli Air Force pilot, in the 1981 bombing of an Iraqi nuclear reactor, were evidence of Jewish or Israeli complicity in the disaster.

One theory put forth the idea that wreckage from the Columbia fell on Palestine, Texas, as "Divine intervention; leaders of Palestinian terror groups called the shuttle accident "punishment from Allah."

The Conspiracies Begin to Coalesce

Less than an hour after the shuttle accident, on a far-right conspiracy site, a poster asked:

So......is it even remotely possible that either the US or the Israeli government is responsible for blowing up the shuttle this morning? No matter what happened, it's a tragedy, but it's interesting to note that it was the one time we happened to have an Israeli astronaut aboard.
- from a right-wing conspiracy email list, (2/1) 9:58 AM EST

A report circulated by conspiracist Alex Jones claimed the shuttle disaster was a "textbook psychological warfare operation," a "mass distraction/mass unifier" that was part of a plan the US government had laid out in the 1960s known as the "Northwoods" plan. This document included the assertion that the Joint Chiefs had proposed blaming Cuba if any problems arose with the 1962 launch of John Glenn.

Jones noted that he had proclaimed three weeks prior, "that there was a very good chance that the globalists would do something horrible concerning the latest Colombia mission." He went on to say,
"Understand, the psychological warfare technicians do not even need to publicly blame Iraq for the Columbia disaster. It will serve as a distraction in the global press during the final weeks of war preparation in the gulf. It will serve the dual purpose of unifying the country behind President Bush as he grandstands."

The other reasons why the disaster had to have been planned, according to Jones, was that,
www.adl.org...

USAF Imagery Confirms Columbia Wing Damaged

Academic Info Space Shuttle Columbia Tragedy - Directory of Online Resources

[edit on 30/5/2005 by Sauron]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Freedom fell over Palestine...

How wierd is life, huh?

That was really what I wanted to get at it with the initial post..the nature of coincidence, and where we draw the line...

Sure, sure, look for the number 13 and you will find it everywhere, look for Columbia, same thing. I, for example, am a former student at Columbia, was my work there in any way related to Freedom? No.

Thank you Sauron, for adding that contribution..it was most appreciated.

I also wonder about the symbolism of Freedom (Columbia)...

She bears only symbols of war, a laurel, a sword, a shield...

Could the goal of this hypothetical behind the scenes manipulator be the death of war as well?

Does Freedom really cause war? I think it just might...

Interesting thoughts anyway. I also want everybody to understand this is all conjecture. I just had the thought, there is no hard evidence, no hunch, no inside connection. I just had a thought, and dumped it here so we could talk about it.

If you think it's ridiculous, that's fine, I think most of my own thoughts are ridiculous..but to not entertain a guest is criminal...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
"by those who worship a different goddess... "

No, buddy, it was by the same people who worship her that she was sacrificed, to be re-born in her new form.

Come on, the giver of life is also the goddess of death. It is just the UNDERstated aspect of her worship. The love of creation is what she is known for, and so she is called Mother Nature.

Goddess worship runs deep, and the very day it occurred (the 'accident') was a day of crossing over the passing of the torch from one goddess (aspect) to the next.

In another interesting note, the Columbia was called the OV. Orbiting Vehicle. Notice the similarity to feminine sexuality...

While the other two shuttles (all of them, any way) are not as QUALIFIED as the goddess shuttle. They cannot breach the Earth's atmosphere, it has been decided.

Maybe they are not sacred enough, or maybe we will take NASA's word for it, and their 'body' just can't handle it. But any way, they are called TAs!
Test Articles!

I swear to God, I didn't believe it myself. They say the shuttle was named after a boat (which would have to be named after something, maybe goddess of the sea?), because Britannia and Columbia are actually one and the same.

But any way, the ancients referred to space as the great sea, so that would make sense to only have a shuttle that is named after the goddess enter the 'deep sea', so to speak.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
akilles
You seem pretty sure of your theory, care to illuminate us further?

I personally am still undecided whether the term coincidence even applies to our lives on this planet.

Do you have an opinion on that?

Is a coincidence simply a machination left unperceived?

Anyway, thanks for your input.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Columbia, the Statue of Liberty, the Roman goddess Juno, the Virgin Mary, Isis, Ishtar - all the same Bablylonian mother goddess, the whore of Babylon, the feminine aspect of the Sun-God trinity of Father, Mother and Son.

The shuttle and its occupants weren't symbolizing the death of Columbia/freedom, they were sacrificed TO Columbia.

The Statue of Liberty was donated by the French Masonic Lodge and placed in the harbor to symbolize "the great whore that sitteth upon many waters". She holds the torch aloft which symbolizes the sun and the sun god, who is a manifestation of Lucifer, bearer of the light. The same flame which is over the graves of JFK and in the tunnel where Princess Diana was sacrificed. The same eternal flame that is used in the pagan Greek gods' ritual called the Olympics.

Jonus

Isis, the celestial mother with the infant Horus, with the Sun-God's symbol above her head.

The Virgin Mary, the same

Semiramus, Queen of Babylon with the crown of light

[edit on 2005/6/2 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
WIP
Thanks for that post, it added a lot to this thread.

I think the similarity in symbols that freaks a lot of people out could in fact be entirely stylistic, or even coincidental. That being said, it's entirely possible that the reverse is true.

I think it behooves us all to be aware of what we're seeing, and what the images are meant to represent.

One particular frustration of mine regarding symbolism is the hijacking of symbols by fringe groups. The swasztika is the example on the forefront of my mind. Once a symbol of universality and unity, power and natural forces, it is now widely regarded as a symbol of hate, intolerance, and genocide.

Could the same possibly be true of lady liberty? Has the symbol had its meaning changed?

Then the question becomes, has the meaning changed, or has the outward appearance of the meaning changed? If only the outward appearance has changed, then perhaps the symbol still retains its original meaning for a select few.

You also made an excellent point regarding the sacrifice..I wonder what's really going on...

top topics

join