It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 24th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is going to jump around a bit, I didn't really properly piece everything together since its topics are from around 5-10 books I've been reading...

The whole bit on the 24th is from the book (Our Haunted Planet by John A. Keel)....

The 24th, of any month is an interesting day, (for those who are "paying attention") whether it's aliens or pixies, or anything else you would classify as "out of the ordinary" it has a weird ability to happen on the 24th... (of course things happen on every other day, I'm just pointing out that through our history on the 24th of any month, odd things happen.

Now of course it would have something to do with the alignment of the planets and what "usually" occurs around the 24th (Full moon.)
Depending on what you've learnt, you'd know we are constantly beaming out and taking in information that our bodies rarely pay attention too, and you'd also know that pretty much anything is possible (quantum theory, "how far down the rabbit hole do you wanna go?")

Another thing that is somewhat obvious is that there exists on this planet whether constantly physical or not, another "group" of people or entities that lives with us here and has in the past helped us and tricked us plenty of times, They've been known as everything from Angels to Demons, Devils to Gods, Pixies to Leprechauns, and Aliens to "Space Humans".... apparently they can "shape-shift" or have the ability to appear as they wish (self projection)

Now through-out the years they've contacted us numerous times and directed us up and directed us down, they've been the subject of conspiracy for decades and yet we're still no closer than we were thousands of years ago, (actually as far as the reports go, we're further away from contacting them then we have been in the past)

There are those of us who KNOW of spirits and know of forces and powers beyond our comprehension. There are those of us who know our will and know our own esoteric path, we induldge in our thoughts on these subjects very rarely or with the least amount of belief or interest.

Our problem is we look up to the mystics and buddhas and we love learning and listening to them, but we hate and cannot fathom how they believe or think like they do, we read about them, marvel at them, yet we think they are outwardly special or gain their knowledge from an outside source and we ultimately believe that to gain enlightenment or knowledge we have to sit at the feet of these mystics.

Now to my point... (Which is why I posted this here)....

We have these thoughts that the world is outside of us "real" and our actions are fluid movements towards a goal or "end" and as our lives are, we can only superficially change them....

We've been searching for billions of years possibly to understand ourselves...
It would make sense that years ago we appointed a group of people to study such things because with everyone searching, everything gets mixed up and stories contradict eachother and of course there were other things that needed to be done, (farming, hunting etc.... ) We've now become so caught up in OUR lives we've totally stopped learning, we now use our routines and lives as SHIELDS to shield us from the reality of the planet (Our Haunted Planet) .. It's now a fact that we cannot seriously tell what reality is, our minds have a very difficult time deciding what is real, what we think or what we see....

We all assume perhaps the present government wishes to control us and sway our judgements unwillingly... But perhaps that's just another front for the already ancient controllers which we are already slaves to.

It's true our thoughts and words are extremely powerful (Dr. Masaru Emoto)
perhaps its our belief structures and rituals which provide power to these off scene workers...

Just like play-doe our world seems to be very pliable, perhaps this isn't the world our fore-fathers lived in... Just like the thought my blue might actually appear to be red, yet we still agree it's blue.

Maybe we should open our eyes and stop blaming eachother for the strange happenings on this planet, for all we know you could have a little tiny being standing on your shoulder telling you what to do.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I never thought anyone would say that the 24th is an interesting date, but now that I think about it you may be right. I was born on a 24th as I grew up I realized I was slightly different than those around me. For one, I knew there was something out there other than just humans, I could feel spirits everywhere as well as a breathing earth beneath my feet. I also have to say I have even encountered a few of these spirits, their reason for allowing me to see them once and a while and even feel their precense is unknown to me.
I don't like the fact that ancient beings are trying to control our lives, but I agree with you that they are. But perhaps they controled the world in the begining and then left us alone, and now they want control again.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowedRedemption
I never thought anyone would say that the 24th is an interesting date, but now that I think about it you may be right. I was born on a 24th as I grew up I realized I was slightly different than those around me. For one, I knew there was something out there other than just humans, I could feel spirits everywhere as well as a breathing earth beneath my feet. I also have to say I have even encountered a few of these spirits, their reason for allowing me to see them once and a while and even feel their precense is unknown to me.
I don't like the fact that ancient beings are trying to control our lives, but I agree with you that they are. But perhaps they controled the world in the begining and then left us alone, and now they want control again.

Holy crap I was born on Sept 24! I sort of feel the same way you do! Not so sure about the controlling part though.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow what are the odds of that. Two people born on the 24th?

What's that like 1 in 31 on the high end or 1 in 28 on the low.

Just kidding with ya. After thinking about it I have a few friends whose birthday lands on the 24th that have awesome talents and I by the way live at number 24 so there.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I, unfortunately, was born on a 29th, and am thus doomed to a life of mediocrity.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Alushe]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Woops the 25th just missed it, I'm special too though

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Woops the 25th just missed it, I'm special too though

Don't worry, we're all sepcial including you

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Now to my point... (Which is why I posted this here)....

We have these thoughts that the world is outside of us "real" and our actions are fluid movements towards a goal or "end" and as our lives are, we can only superficially change them....

We've been searching for billions of years possibly to understand ourselves...
It would make sense that years ago we appointed a group of people to study such things because with everyone searching, everything gets mixed up and stories contradict eachother and of course there were other things that needed to be done, (farming, hunting etc.... ) We've now become so caught up in OUR lives we've totally stopped learning, we now use our routines and lives as SHIELDS to shield us from the reality of the planet (Our Haunted Planet) .. It's now a fact that we cannot seriously tell what reality is, our minds have a very difficult time deciding what is real, what we think or what we see....

I don't think the author is asking when member birthdays are.
Please, let's get back on topic here.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
DTOM, you never did say what your feelings are... And now you just tell others to give their opinions. Better than going further off topic I guess.

I think there really is something to be said for 'ideas' or thoughts put in our heads, which are not really ours, but we can really bring harm to ourselves by acknowledging these ideas, or embracing them (lust and materialism are two obvious examples prevalent in society).

Is there only negative 'interference', I doubt it. But perhaps a 'good' voice is not allowed the same leeway as a 'negative' one? Or perhaps, in the end they influence you positively just to 'bring you down', or in reverse, bring you down to 'show you more' in life.

I guess I can only say that I follow my own voice, and that I have to try very hard to listen to it, and decipher it, but I can be mindful of what is a distraction, the only time you can tell what is a distraction is when you have chosen your own direction, I feel.

As for the 24th, all I can say is, that puts it 3 days after every equinox and solstice there is, clearly within the 3 days of 'rising again' from the dead, as it were.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Maybe we're on to something with this 24 thing

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i was reading up a bit on numerology a while ago (just for a little while though) and it said like "and since there was 24 which has special meaning yada yada yada" but so does anyone know if 24 has a special meaning in numerology?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Holy crap I was born on Sept 24! I sort of feel the same way you do! Not so sure about the controlling part though.

Snap.

Though i can;t say i've explicitly seen strange things, i've always felt different, and i have a way of looking at things that nobody seems to share. Wonder if there really is anything in this 24 thing...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Akilles:

Well I myself got thinking about things rationally, and perhaps there are certain aspects of life we are kept a mystery to... I know for one thing people use their daily lives and routines as shields against the truth and reality of this planet, and the reality is that this is something unique, we've obviously noticed that, correct? Well we've begun to "decay" so-to-speak and have adopted very childish ideas of God and the universe (Thank God for Quantum Physics)... But anyhow.. back to the crazies telling us what to do.. It occured to me that perhaps if such a phenomenon did exist that maybe they'd be a lot like us humans, in the way that NONE of them agree on one damn thing, and if they do it's only because they weren't fully listening to the other person. So in conclusion to those thoughts I decided once again to catagorize these into 2 groups (much like one would group apples and oranges in the "ROUND" group and bananas in another, not because apples and oranges are perfectly round but because I only had enough neurons to make two groups...
so they'd be Good and "Not So Good".....
But then I got stuck thinking, well who the hell are they and who the hell are we? and since we're the only observers to anything, I got stumped...
and upon being stumped I thought of some other things... Like maybe the world is just one crazy person whose indestructable and can never die, sitting there alone, so bored out of his/her mind that they went skitzo and created millions and millions of other people "mentally" and boom reality is just a thought (which has been thought of a million times itself)...
it's not that I believe any of this.. they're just thoughts.. and a person is entitled to their thoughts..
Then I got thinking, well what happened if these pranksters have been here forever (forever meaning as long as we've been around [we're the only observers, remember?]) and maybe other rational thinking people got stumped thinking this exact thing, and maybe they got so caught up in it that they either lost themselves or "found" themselves... those who found themselves go on to become Buddhas and Religeous leaders, mystics and the bunch.... but who really said that they're intelligent.. (granted I've learnt lots from them) but that's irrelevant .. after this many years of living on this planet the Quran, the bible, the book of the dead etc. are the only relics of knowledge passed down? and theres only how many truly intelligent people walking this earth? and why haven't any Buddhas or other religeous leaders become presidents or world leaders? (I'm talking about people with some knowledge not the pope) sure they don't desire these things, but they desire to teach and to impart wisdom, yet they fail altogether. (the intelligent) seem to be caught up in all the things which intrigue them so much and they've let the "idiots" take over.... All the intelligent people went looking for God and the unintelligent people went on working and creating the society we see today.

I was thinking one time how the word PEACE has so much meaning yet to me I couldn't understand it, PEACE? is peace happiness? well no, because happiness is happiness and peace is peace, yet there is no peace. I see no peace anywhere, but on the same token I see no war, people will say there is war, yet war is just an idea... so realistically people are holding onto ideas which they THINK are not physical yet carry physical properties (like death and wounds).... War does not exist and Peace does not exist, they are ideas which a person MAY or MAY NOT hold onto... Think about it rationally, you cannot give someone peace, because peace is a collaboration of a few ideas, it represents repose, contentment, mutual thoughts and other "positive" words... Just like you cannot give someone War, you may give them the attributes of war but war just like every other human idea is just that, ourselves relating previously discovered ideas to our current medium/experience....

The 24th yes.. the moon, ... very important subjects especially when researched together... odd "coincidences" (that is if you believe in coincidences) ... I'll get into that more, later... I written enough.. hopefully give some people some things to think about.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I was born on November 24th and I know I'm strange so I guess wierd things really do happen on the 24th. I don't know whether 24 is special in numerology or not but if you go to one of those websites that tell you what happened in history on a particular day of the month, some really interesting things show up; and some of the famous people born on the 24th really are kind of different. Maybe I'm just biased.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
Snap.

Though i can;t say i've explicitly seen strange things, i've always felt different, and i have a way of looking at things that nobody seems to share. Wonder if there really is anything in this 24 thing...

Well I actually have seen things. I have seen orbs/ghosts(whatever you call them) Theyve flown by my face on more then one occassion. I also do see things differently sometimes. I remember a couple times during 4th grade history when the kids looked at me in amazement for what I just thought of. Like on the big bang theory, where did the atoms come from I said. The teacher was looking for that answer, but no one else thought it. Also we were supposed to make our own island country in the future and I said maybe we built it. Those are just stuff I remember
Strange how I remember stuff from like 8 years ago
Im weird

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
Wow what are the odds of that. Two people born on the 24th?

Well it's said that about 26 million people worldwide share your birthday.

Which means 312,000,000 people worldwide have birthdays on the 24th (of any month).
Appox. 5% of the word population.

24 is my favorite number btw
Don't know why....

It's also good (am.) football number

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
oh no... not another numbering crap

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
For all your numerological research I suggest a look at the great online calculators/databases
at Mystical Internet

Last year or so I used the enochian one to look up many names in current events and names associated with them through history, it was a very interesting journey.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Well it's said that about 26 million people worldwide share your birthday.

Which means 312,000,000 people worldwide have birthdays on the 24th (of any month).
Appox. 5% of the word population.

Whoops....Way off.

It's 9 million people worldwide who share your birthday...
1.8%....

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
In an effort to centralize discussions about numbers, I started a new thread about numbers and their meanings.
Please add your comments to this "stickied" thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join