It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How should I report a UFO sighting?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If you do want to share UFO experience(s) then theres a thread i made for you to do so.
Here it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There are tons of ways to report a UFO. You could start with local UFO groups or organizations, or national ones. You can find these by searching on google or any other search engine for UFO groups or clubs. One good organization is MUFON. Their web site has a link to report sightings. One other source would be the National UFO Reporting Center, they check out a lot of reports too. Well good luck whichever you choose.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would call 911.
I would tell them about what i saw... and i guess just wait or go on with the day.. or night (most likely)..
something like that.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Document the archives yourself....

I don't know about calling 911, they would either laugh you off, or two government would send in the MIB or something.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hey mabey some site should arhive current sightings as they come in. Then one can have a grasp of how recently stuff happpens.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Guys you ever heard about william cooper i just saw his tv video im gonna tell you ITS F...IN CRAZY!i liked it

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hey, I swear I saw U.F.O., but I don't remember most of tha "tiny" details. Here's tha best I culd do.

Date of sighting: Summer of 2003
Time of sighting (include time zone, am or pm): After 12 a.m., not sure
How long did the sighting last: a couple seconds, maybe a minute
City, state of sighting (or nation, province, etc.) Dalton, Georgia
How many other witnesses: 2
Just lights, or shape discernable: Lights, but kind of a circular or oval shape
Color of lights and/or object/s: White
Number of lights and/or objects: Too bright 2 c
Apparent altitude: Treeline, maybe higher
Direction of travel: No obivious travel, disappeared
Apparent brightness: Very bright
Path of travel (straight, curved, etc.): none obvios
Any pictures or video: N/a
Any sound: N/a
Any aircraft around: None I know of
Can you illustrate what was seen (if no photos, video, etc.)? (even MS paint can be used to illustrate where things were during a sighting, etc.):
---Well, basically...me, my brother, and our friend were walking down the street late at night, like we usually did, and we looked up and saw something in the sky. All, I could tell is that it had bright white lights. It appeared to be in a circular or oval-like shape. It "hovered," to put it best, in the sky momentarily. So then I said," Let's find out where it's at!" So, we began to walk towards it, and as we did it just disappeared. I know it had to have been a UFO, there is no air-plane I have ever heard of that could just disappear into thin air. It's was like watching a movie. Now you see it, now you don't. We all compared what each other saw, and we all saw the same thing. A circular/oval-like shape was floating in the sky, with bright lights. It hovered there for a couple seconds, and when we decided to pursue it, it just disappeared. I don't know if this is believable, mainly because it sounds funny. Even to me, when I think about it, but I thought I knew aliens existed until then, and now I am certain that there is something out there, other than us. I don't know if I posted this in the right spot, but I wanted to get my experience out of the way.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperChaser
Hey, I swear I saw U.F.O., but I don't remember most of tha "tiny" details. Here's tha best I culd do.

Fricking cool. Maybe you should have started another thread on it! I wish I had a sighting of my own.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you mean to file an official report on the net or to an agency, But if indeed you do mean on the net (Which i am sure you do) then the links that people have given you should be fine, As long as you dont post Identity etc..

But as far as official sightings off the net goes, I wouldnt advise you to go down that road. I would keep that to yourself in actual life, As government intakes on civilians reporting UFOs isnt exactly a topic they are happy about, If you know what i mean.

As long as you do not reveal identity over here, Its fine.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Are there any organizations that deal with UFO sightings exclusivly?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't report it at all. Currently the masses would assume that you have psychiatric problems or they'd call you a bloody liar. I would simply take in and feel the enlightenment that I saw something that majority of world will never see. ( I saw a UFO in '04, but through my studies I later realized it was man-made.)

But if I had a video camera, I would study the footage for my own ammusment and of course, post it on here for all us believers and the skeptics to watch and study themselves. But don't worry, soon these same masses that neglect us will hopefully one day see the truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks for providing a forum to get this off my chest...

I do NOT wish to make any 'official' reports, just pass on my experience to others who may be interested:

I saw what I believe was probably an experimental military aircraft of some sort - a UFO (since it was flying and I couldn't identify it), but not necessarily alien or anything like that. Pre-Apologies for missing some of the details below.

Side note: I am an amateur astronomer and a licensed pilot and someone who has worked around aircraft (and the night sky) for decades. This was nothing like I've ever seen. Thus:

A couple of summers ago I was at a campground (Serrano) with family on the north shore of Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino mountains of Southern California.

In the middle of the night, about 1-2am, my two dogs started whimpering. Thinking they just needed 'relief', I grudgingly opened my tent and walked out into a clearing with them. Acting kind of strange they both looked up and to the East. When I looked up to see what they were staring at, all I saw was a beautiful star-filled sky (no moon).

Quite suddenly and unexpectedly a dark, traingular shaped object appeared from the northeast and travelled at incredible speed from east to west. It made not even the slightest sound - absolutely silent - both approaching and receding. It had no lights of any sort, certainly none of the typical aircraft lights I'm accustomed to. I also distinctly remember that it seemed to be wrapped in a sort of shimmering envelope - kind of like the wavy, transparent mirage you see above hot pavement in the desert. What I thought especially perplexing was that this wavy envelope was even IN FRONT of the craft - something that seemd illogical to me (as opposed to say sound waves or disturbed air behind the craft). There was no contrail/vapor trail, exhaust, or any other trace of it's passing. I saw no burners or engine. I'm not even sure of it's shape - I only say triangular because in the few seconds I saw it that was the only shape that I related with at the time.

Since I was already standing at about 6,500' elev, I estimate the craft was flying at somewhere between 10-15,000' and perhaps a few miles north of my position. It seemd to be about the size of a tyical aircraft (not especially large), though my visual judgement may be substantially in error in this regard.

My guess is that this was some type of LMT 'black project' craft out of Edwards AFB which is about 50 miles to the northwest. - though, of course, I have no way to substantiate any of that. My assumption is based only on snippets I get from the aviation trade journals and such. Anyway;

As I stood there in my underwear shaking and stunned, My mind raced to compare what I saw to anything in my experience and, well, you've heard the rest. No running or nav lights of any sort, pitch black, surrounded by a weird shimmering envelope, absolutely silent, and by far the fastest moving object I've ever seen - I can't imagine anything moving that quickly from horizon to horizon - and I've seen a lot of airplanes - from strike fighters to commercial and a few odd ones at e.g., the EAA, etc. This was definately different, and certainly NOT following a whole bunch of the 'rules' I was used to regarding aircraft operations.

Me and the dogs went back to bed in the tent, and the next morning, still shaken, I relayed the encounter to a few folks. The reply was a collective strange looks, a general sighing and a bunch of "whatever"s. I pretty much kept silent about it after that - but am glad I've found someplace to let it 'air out'.

Thanks, all.. G'night...

Esq

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hey, I may report a sighting but need to get some honest feedback before I do. Is it possible to see an orbiting sattelite with the naked eye on a clear day? I mean, just looking up and seeing what looks to be a spinning sattelite, out of pure chance...is it probable? I know what I saw, but people have told me this isn't possible at all. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't report a UFO sighting if I were you...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I agree with the punkster - post here first, then 'go official' if you deem necessary, but heed the cautious words.

My one and only I'm pretty sure was just a stealth 'black project' craft, like Aurora et al - though it was awesome looking and great experience.

For a genuine UFO - I would hesitate inviting the scrutiny of 'official channels'...The last thing I'd want is for some faceless, pseudo-governemnt characters showing up at my door to tell me to keep my 'Venus in swamp gas balloon' to myself forever, "or else"...

Esq

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
No I never reported it. After reading about some of the sightings here, mine seems ridiculous. I could never prove what I saw...oh well.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have seen 4 UFO's. I know there is something going on, but I am taking the "Don't ask- Don't tell" position.If I keep reading, I'll figure it all out.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I agree with Peenken2009, It would be totally counterproductive to report it to the Air Force or any other Gov acency. When they show up at your house, the first thing they would ask it to see your photos and evidence. You would never see them again. You should post pictures on the net, here and other places like MUFON anywhere you can except Gov official sites. Thats the best chance to keep the evidence alive is get it on other peoples computers.

Cheers ..........Dango

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Surely one of the biggest problems with UFO reporting organisations is that they are mostly small, amateur groups. If you ever saw something serious, or discovered physical evidence like a downed UFO, there really isn't any indeppendent organisation out there to go in and collect data - the government would get there first, collect everything there was to be seen, and there would be no one you could go to. Pretty frustrating.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join