It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we God(s)?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
With modern revelations in science, we have created "mini big bangs", we have duplicated the split seconds after a big bang using a particle accelerator. And by going with what John Titor said, we will soon be making "mini black holes".

Could we be making our own universes too small for anyone to notice? In the universe size doesnt really matter. So maybe our "god" is no more then a scientist in a lab coat fooling around with plasma and particles.

www.space.com...

AHH BLANK

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Bane Of Your Existence]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nope, but i will tell you this! i am GOD!

Now bow before your GOD! (eyes glow)

[edit on 17-5-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No.

We are not gods as we create nothing, only manipulate that which was created by God.

Want to be a god? Create a universe and intelligent life, but don't use any pre-existing mass; not even an atom. Create it all from scratch!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I fail to see the conspiracy in religion in this topic. It seems to be a quasi-techno topic with a flavoring of pseudo-religion thrown in for taste.

Speaking of techno, what is a "blank" hole?

How would we know if we've created a mini Big-Bang, and as we were not there and the Big Bang is nothing more than theory, how could we know the seconds after the Big Bang?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There has been quite a bit of speculation about using quantum computers to simulate a universe from the quantum level. If many worlds theory is correct, this could become a reality. In the event that it does, it points to the possibility that the universe we find ourselves in is itself a quantum simulation.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You see there? That's the reason I don't wander into the science and technology forum. I now have a headache and think I'm developing a nose bleed.

I feel like Col. O'Neal whenever Maj. Carter would start talking all that techno-stuff. (Star Gate SG-1)

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I’m sure we are far from that level of power. If technology was enough to make us into gods, there would be plenty of others out there whom I’m sure would then be gods to us. Though if we were to invent a time machine and travel back to ancient times, it wouldn’t be surprising if we could easily pose as gods to them.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't know if it is "nothing more than theory". It makes perfectly plausible sense to me that God the almighty creator stuck his pinky out, made a ripple much like when a rock hits water, and the ripple continues to swell out today.

In fact scientists have been able to detect such in space. So to me the scientific "Big Bang Theory" and the beginning of creation by God go hand in hand.

God is, of course, the greatest physicist there is.

I don't know if one could say "We are all Gods", however we do each have the Holy Spirit within us. This makes us the sons and daughters of God, and perhaps one could somewhat say "Godlike".

Of course, these scientists have developed a big machine from which they hope to identify the "God Particle" or the tremendous energy that keeps molecules, atoms, and this whole dad gummed place held together. I just hope they don't extract it for it may start a chain reaction doing this whole planet in!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 17-5-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is a reason why things are theories; because they cannot be proven.
Scientists certainly detect things, noise, whatever, but interpreting what it means is nothing more than speculation.

As far as how God created the universe, I have no idea. It might very well have been with a big bang. As a matter of fact, given the timeline of creation, I can't see how it could have been any other way than with a big bang. However, that is also nothing more than speculation, on my part.

Doh! The headache is coming back and the nose bleed is threatening a return.
Must go back to SimpleWorld!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Classic joke explaining the fallacy:

A Scientist when called to heaven explains to God that Mankind doesn't need God anymore since soon they will be able to do the exact same God aws able to do with creation. Man has brought people back to life like Jesus did to lazerus. man has harness wind power to part waters much like Moses did. and with cloning Man can create life from strands of DNA.

So God declares a contest, wit hthe scientist. God picks up a handful fo dirt, blesses it and creates a man.

The scientist after seeing this also grabs a bit of dirt but before he can do anyhting God tells him to get his own dirt.

Only human arrogance will ever allow Man to stand side by side with what God has done.

J_3

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well according to the Genesis and The Garden of Eden, we were not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge because

5. "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." Genesis 3

but - once we gained the knowledge of good and evil (by eating it anyway), we became only one step from being Gods...

"The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

"...become like one of us" (as in, GODS)

it goes on to say in order to prevent man from accessing The Tree of Life man was then cast out of the Garden of Eden.

So to answer your question with a reference from the good 'ol bible. As far as the limits of our minds and capabilities we are Gods, however, in order to gain our immortal bodies we must first be accepted into the "kingdom of heaven".

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by J_3
Well according to the Genesis and The Garden of Eden, we were not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge because

Its really not proper to try to address scripture by misquoting it. If you want to use it, then quote the whole verse. The tree of knowledge of good and evil

5. "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." Genesis 3

You did well to quote satan.
Quoting God would not have served your purpose.
This is the first lie satan told. What is the truth of the matter?
They were already like God. Not gods mind you...but like God. "Let us create man...."

but - once we gained the knowledge of good and evil (by eating it anyway), we became only one step from being Gods...

No. We became one step from eternal death.

"The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

"...become like one of us" (as in, GODS)

No.
Become like one of us... Live forever. The problem with that is, man now knows how to do evil. Man has also proven that he cannot control that. The law was given to prove it...and Jesus came to save us from our own hearts.

Are we gods? Sure. Like idols we are gods. Vainly thinking like eternal creatures when all around us we see the end of life. Always searching for another way to eternity, and always ignoring that one way that is freely given...because we are too Proud to take a hand out.

You want to know how the universe was made?
Follow these steps

1.) Become a christian and give your life to Christ
2.) Continue in this for 121 years (or death, whichever comes first)
3.) Ask Jesus how it was all done. He will show you

Thats the only way folks. ;-)

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I don't know if it is "nothing more than theory". It makes perfectly plausible sense to me that God the almighty creator stuck his pinky out, made a ripple much like when a rock hits water, and the ripple continues to swell out today.

"Before the universe" is a meaningless statement, since it implies the existence of time before time came into existence. "Outside the universe" is equally meaningless since it implies space beyond space. How can it make sense to you that god stuck his finger out, an act implying the existence of both time and space, before either existed?

There is no coherent way to describe what you are trying to say, because the concept of a creator is not coherent.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Or, is it that the concept of a Creator beyond your comprehension?

We don't have all knowlege, only the knowledge we've been given. Where do we get that knowledge.

Let's assume that we've been around for about 6,000 years, as that is the general timeline one can determine using the "begets" in the Old Covenant.
Up until the beginning of the last century, we lived about the same way, and travelled about the same way. All of a sudden, there was an explosion of knowledge. Why did humanity all of a sudden learn how to use the internal combustion engine or harness electricity? Nothing in the universe had changed. However, the great leap in knowledge was spoken of in the Bible.

God knows all we know, but we don't know all He knows. Realizing that, it is easy to grasp theconcept that we cannot grasp all concepts, and realizing that we do not have all the information, we will jump to wrong conclusions.

J_3

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

You did well to quote satan.
Quoting God would not have served your purpose.
This is the first lie satan told. What is the truth of the matter?
They were already like God. Not gods mind you...but like God. "Let us create man...."

Satan said it first, but if would read on then you see God validifies it in verse 22

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out..."

The reason why he would not allow them to eat from the tree of life and eat and live forever is because then any man would be able to have the next and final step into being a God.

So, now in order to prevent this the Lord had to kick them out of the Garden of Eden and live a life working the ground. This way (by allowing us to live out our lives, (make choices, learn, and do all that we as humans can) he would be able to seperate those who can be trusted with the power of Gods and those who can't. And at the end of this life those who can be trusted will go to Heaven and inherit their immortal bodies and live as a God. Or they will go to Hell and have eternal death.

You see God never intended there to be pain and death, but in order for any human to live in a life like that, they would have to be ignorant - like Adam and Eve were before they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was only after eating from the tree that they became embarrassed of being naked and so on.
And as I explained above, in taking this FIRST step into becoming Gods, we created a world of potential pain\fear and unpredictible human emotions.

That is why bad things happen and God allows it, it is all a means to an end. A means to reaching a world in which we only have the people who know the value of life and truth.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
You want to know how the universe was made?
Follow these steps

1.) Become a christian and give your life to Christ
2.) Continue in this for 121 years (or death, whichever comes first)
3.) Ask Jesus how it was all done. He will show you

Thats the only way folks. ;-)

Or we could just continue to technologically explode and let science explain how the universe was made. Jesus was a good MAN, he taught wonderful principles. But the fact of the matter is that he's just as ignorant as we are.

Oh, and sorry buddy, i can't give my life to Jesus Christ. My life is MY LIFE, not a dead man's life. You've gotta love Christians, they're just as crazy as some of those suicidal cults

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bane Of Your Existence
With modern revelations in science, we have created "mini big bangs", we have duplicated the split seconds after a big bang using a particle accelerator. And by going with what John Titor said, we will soon be making "mini black holes".

Could we be making our own universes too small for anyone to notice? In the universe size doesnt really matter. So maybe our "god" is no more then a scientist in a lab coat fooling around with plasma and particles.

www.space.com...

AHH BLANK

Comment: You make an important point conguent with a philosophical one, the "solipsism." This is a state of thought where one understands that "no one exists other than myself." In a sense it is even provable, when you consider that everyone and everything else "as you see it," is sensory, within your mind, brain, your thoughts. Of course the solution to such a condition of thought is to recognize there are other selfhoods that also have the same process. At the same time you are unique in every way, in your living experience in your thoughts, the same is true within different levels of understanding for others who you may want in your "solipsism," to prove an existence. It is far too lonely however to linger too long in such a state of thiniking, nonetheless it may well be important to understand that you are the best person to determine who you are, and if you don't think so, others are quite willing to make that choice for you.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
J_3, God said that we'd be like them, knowing good from evil. He did not say we'd be like Him as in the Divine Creator. There is a difference.

Kwintz, you don't own your life as you did not create it. It was given to you for a time; figure it as a lease. At your death, you just might find that your lease is up, and because of your lack of preparedness, you don't get to keep it anymore.

You gotta love those who deny Christ; they're as crazy as some of those suicidal cults, only they want to die a natural death before the go to Hell

See? a stupid and inflamatory statement like that can be turned around. Try nonflamatory discourse from here on out, huh?

J_3

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
J_3, God said that we'd be like them, knowing good from evil. He did not say we'd be like Him as in the Divine Creator. There is a difference.

I know what you mean but, The Knowledge of Good and Evil is more than just knowing right and wrong. If you read how eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil basically made humans aware of choice. Which leads the way to everything I said in my prior post.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by J_3]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I admit that I didn't read the whole thread. If this is a repeat, ignore this user...

I believe that you exist,
Def... dictionary.reference.com...

I agree that the Earth exists, and all the stars and galaxies exist.
We all agree that everything is as it is. And it is as we see it.

You are God, as am I................
We all agree that everything around us is here, and it is.........

The combined considerations of all beings, is God

Postulate something, and prove to yourself that you are God.

dictionary.reference.com...

[edit on 18-5-2005 by anxietydisorder]

[edit on 18-5-2005 by anxietydisorder]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join