It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Ecstasy can block cancer growth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Maybe I'll get some benefits from my wilder days, lol

anyway X as well as most anything in life that is mildly enjoyable or anything will harm you in time. But compare it to other drugs (illegal) both in terms of addictiveness and physical harms and it tends to even out. a few hits of well made E won't kill you but do anything in excess and you'll pay a price for it, some much higher than others. Liquor, pot, coffee all bring their own varying degrees of harm to us. Heck too much of my girlfriend tends to be bad for health lol..........

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
read, don't skim... that makes an A$$ out of you and... well.... you...

Uhm, i read your post, i noted that you said it was 'relative', and sure, its safe relative to some other toxic dangerous chemicals.

You lose your hair and that's okay but feeling down for a few days after taking a pill is just too much. Typical of the double standards relating to 'narcotics'.

You guys do understand that E isn't nearly as effective at treating cancer as chemotherapy, right? Even tho it can have an effect on tumours, right?

Hardly a double standard. If you forgo chemo and try to roll your way to good health, you'll have braindamage and then die from cancer.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You have voted Simulacra for the Way Above Top Secret award.

[edit on 5/13/2005 by Oblivions void]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If you forgo chemo and try to roll your way to good health, you'll have braindamage and then die from cancer.

You're sure that I will get braindamage from MDMA usage? How long will that take? How much MDMA do I have to do?

In fact, there are lots of cancer patients who have chosen to roll on MDMA with their loved ones and die in pleasure/peace than to edure the religiously mandated slow-hospital-death. Unfortunately doctors and drug co's don't profit off human dignity.

Ask yourself why a dying person doesn't have the right to use a drug that is known to be mentally and emotionally beneficial. They are dying of cancer. MDMA makes them feel great and they are the ones who are dying.

The study isn't about MDMA (ecstasy) anyway, it's about the MA part or methamphetamines. Specifically speed-derivatives like phen-fen and prozac are what affect the cancer. Speed derivatives are diverse.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Can't eat any foods or brush my teeth with toothpaste but I can take ecstasy to ward off cancer growth. What's next?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Arsenic will also block cancer growth. Excstasy is a dangerous drug that interferes with brain chemicals. If it has any anti-cancer properties, the FDA isn't simply going to permit it, its going to permit companies to research the drug and produce non-toxic versions of it.

Ok, Arsenic is a sort of extreme as an example. You're memory of how MDMA affects the brain is pretty accurate but not entirely.

The serotonin axons do get oxidized ("bleached" if you will) by H2O2, one of the byproducts of the breakdown of dopamine by the chemical MAO. The process that you described just doesn't get to how or why having oxidized axons and dendrites is bad.

Over all the drug messes with your serotonin production, enhancement, and effection. Now, the good thing about having a shriveled oxsidized axon as opposed to a dead one is the body's potential to heal it. Two things can and do happen in most people's bodies. One is a process described to me as neuron adaptation. Because most neurons that produce or aid in the production of serotonin are bipolar, a shriveled axon won't carry an impulse from dendrite to dendrite to synapse... so another axon takes its place. Well, not exactly but when a neuron is feeling fewer impulses than normal, surrounding dendrites and axons will extend themselves to try and compensate for a weak or lost signal. This process takes place between six months and four years after someone takes a dose of MDMA.

Something else that happens is that the axons will simply reinflate over time. Keeping them from being oxidized helps this process go faster. There's a ton of anti-oxidants out there. Reinflation combined with adaptation won't make someone exactly like they used to be... serotonin is a key neurotransmitter for things like perception and short term memory, breathing, and cardiac functions so messing with it can be scary but not impossible... abusing MDMA can lead to mental difficulty but usually not death.

Let us not forget that before the stuff became illegal to use on the street some therapists used it as a sort of accelerator for psycho-therapy. You see it WAS used as medicine already... a medicine with a potentiality for being abused, but medicine all the same. Have we forgotten about our friends vicoden, oxycotton, morphine and every other "I'm-not-heroin-but-I'm-an-opiate-that-makes-you-feel-good" painkillers we have out there? People get vicoden for sprained ankles and other minor injuries all the time. High potential for abuse... much HIGHER potential for addiction than MDMA (it's one of the few amphetamines that are not very habit forming).

People smoke weed not even as a cure for diseases but as a pain treatment and appetite inducer. That stuff slows you down. Marinol raises blood pressure and causes paranoia... but it still has the FDA's stamp of approval (like that means anything anymore).

I'm very shocked to learn that MDMA has possible cancer applicability. However much the dose is, I'm sure that it'll be low. With pure MDMA (not mixed with any other drug that may enhance its narcotic effects) it usually takes between 50 and 100 mgs in order to "get high" for a person with average sensitivity. I don't see why that amount would be needed for cancer treatment... and it could always be an in-patient treatment so as to lower the chance of abuse.

Also, to help prevent damage to the affected areas of the brain, there's a good chance that following a dose of MDMA with an SSRI (or maybe even building a time-released SSRI into your MDMA pill) could help prevent dopamine from being taken up by the serotonin re-uptake valves. Of course more research needs to be done, but it stands to reason, doesn't it?

All science and side-effects aside, if the stuff can help treat CANCER (!!) then I don't care if it makes my eyes fall out... give it to me!
-S
P.S. ISeeYou, what exactly are you saying? Please give us more!

[edit on 15-5-2005 by ServoHahn]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join