It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military has Conducted Sucessful Matter Teleportation Experiments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
what sc am article? you're confusing me with another poster on this thread. i am talking about the air force research laboratory report in my ORIGINAL POST. go back, and read this thread through. this isn't about photonic teleportation at all.

-koji K.

I will keep reading though. As for china doing this, i doubt it . But i do congradulate you on finding this, it is pretty cool if you can make sense out of it .

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
oh for gods sake... the equations, as i've stated at least 3 times in this thread, are not in the part of the report i wanted to discuss. i know sod all about scientific equations, so i wouldn't presume to try to discuss them. it was the section on "p-teleportation," which, you will note, has zero equations in them. zilch. none. nada.

so, once more from the top: the pdf file, part 3. you clearly want to talk about some other aspect of the report, so feel free to start your own thread regarding such. i am not qualified to comment on parts 1 and 2.

-koji K.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by koji_K]

no i read that too but lost interest.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Minion I don't agree with you that teleporting photons isn't "real teleportation." The only difference is that when they successfully completed transporting a photon from one place to another the original photon was destroyed, but the new one remained. So in a sense it did teleport, yet wasn't a true success.

It did, on the other hand, show us that teleportation was 100% plausible. I just had problem with you're original post after mine as you only wrote a few lines which didn't explain anything at all.

Scientific American had 2 articles about teleportation. The one on the website that I linked you to was the original (1993,1994) But the one that I have read and own is from 1998. I have to find it and reread it all again because the last time I read it was 7 years ago and that would make me 15 years old at the time of initial reading.

To the original poster of this article. Teleporting photons was the stepping stone for teleporting matter itself, so it is really useful in you're thread.

I will post back after further review of my old magazine.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Once again, the point must come up that this was supposedly done with mind powers. Is photon teleportation even possible with the mind? See, this is what it all boils down to.
I still want to know if they ate my fish.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I can see it now:

Chinese restaurant: “Hello, how can I help you?
Me: “Id like the General Gao’s pork and a order of Siu Mai please”
Chinese restaurant: “Ok, be there in two minutes”
Me: “Um…you mean 20 minutes right?”
Chinese restaurant: “No, sending now…”
ZAAAAAAAAP!!!!
Me: “Um….Wow…”
Chinese restaurant: “We have teleported the appropriate payment plus tip from your wallet, thank you for your order…”
Me: “ *blink* “

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
In all seriousness though... the power of the mind has been proven to be more powerful then any other force on earth. We are just accepting this fact now. Most people are so ignorant to the fact that the mind has infinite possibilities.

Skippy do you believe in spirituality or have you ever tried meditation before? After many years of experiencing meditation I have come to realize that the only thing that matters in life is what your MIND perceives.

I know this goes a bit off topic but think about it... The only thing that matters is what your mind thinks is real.

There is no spoon.....

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have a question for minion...

So how does your science degree qualify you to assess the truth of a mental teleportation experiment?

answer: it doesn't have a frikin thing to do with science... so sorry, thanks for playing...

interesting experiments, I must keep an open eye for more info that comes out...
I will say that as of yet, I don't beleive... but will wait and see.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
In all seriousness though... the power of the mind has been proven to be more powerful then any other force on earth. We are just accepting this fact now. Most people are so ignorant to the fact that the mind has infinite possibilities.

The power of the mind does, in fact, refer to the power of the mind, but this power isn't power that a spaceship would use, this is power to overcome difficulty, conquer evils, etc. The laws of physics are still more powerful.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Or chopsticks or whatever. I just tried this with a watermelon.

No way.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I have a question for minion...

So how does your science degree qualify you to assess the truth of a mental teleportation experiment?

answer: it doesn't have a frikin thing to do with science... so sorry, thanks for playing...

interesting experiments, I must keep an open eye for more info that comes out...
I will say that as of yet, I don't beleive... but will wait and see.

No but what it does give me is a heck of a BS detector.
Oh yea, and for whoever , photons CANT be destoyed. Once created they remain forever.

Sorry thanks for playing , your both wrong.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Come on guys, the Chineese are the ones that invented the Chineese star for christ's sake.

THE CHINEESE STAR!!

Not to mention eating their food with Chopsticks..

CHOPSTICKS!!

Do you really think that these same people could invent teleportation or anything useful of their own?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elgringoloco
Come on guys, the Chineese are the ones that invented the Chineese star for christ's sake.

THE CHINEESE STAR!!

Not to mention eating their food with Chopsticks..

CHOPSTICKS!!

Do you really think that these same people could invent teleportation or anything useful of their own?

exactly, we will have to wait for a reply on this thread though...
need to wait until the kids get home from school. hahhah its true ! look at the time !

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sigh... the pure ignorance of people is overwhelming even on a conspiracy board . Has anyone here, who is mocking the Chinese, even been to china?!? Probably not... Also saying that the chinese are too incompetent to do this is like saying the people at MIT and Los Alamos are morons.

Did you ever take time to think that anyone can do anything they want... all they need is a library pass and an IQ higher then a chimp.... which some of the people on this board clearly do not have. If you are going to make fun of this thread without reading any of the data presented then please do so with more then just rude comments and petty bickering.

Thank you.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minion

Oh yea, and for whoever , photons CANT be destoyed. Once created they remain forever.

HAHHAHA.... This just proves that you don't have any degree whatsoever. Yes photons can be destroyed and if you EVEN BOTHERED to research the teleportation article I showed you it clearly states that the original photon was destroyed, yet the new one remained. And if you question the validity of the mag I suggest you actually go out and buy one of their issues

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

HAHHAHA.... This just proves that you don't have any degree whatsoever. Yes photons can be destroyed and if you EVEN BOTHERED to research the teleportation article I showed you it clearly states that the original photon was destroyed, yet the new one remained. And if you question the validity of the mag I suggest you actually go out and buy one of their issues

It doesnt matter what you say. In this context photons arent destroyed.
Secondly. I am a longtime subscriber to SCIAM. Please, dont try to spin the subject.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe you should do some reading of your own becuase you clearly dont understand the fundamentals of what your talking about. Until then, dont tread on me .
Here is a page that describes the true creation and destruction of a photon in a completely unrelated but realistic scenario.
curious.astro.cornell.edu...

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Minion]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Alright.... Sorry if I sounded rude I just don't like it when people respond with one line threads, because there isn't enough explanation. Your first post way back was the one that got to me. Cause it just seemed like you discredited everything with a simple "you are wrong I am right" sort of innuendo.

[edit on 5-18-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Alright.... Sorry if I sounded rude I just don't like it when people respond with one line threads, because there isn't enough explanation. Your first post way back was the one that got to me. Cause it just seemed like you discredited everything with a simple "you are wrong I am right" sort of innuendo.

[edit on 5-18-2005 by CPYKOmega]

Hahah, im the one who should be sorry. I really am a jerk sometimes .
Seriously though, this is all very very interesting but its hard to believe that china will pull this off before the US does. Nothing against the country, just the state that things are right now. The US has major companies such as IBM and Lucent which in turn have massive amounts of experience in this field.
If you really find this interesting , I recommend reading about photonic switches , computers and processors.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Minion]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elgringoloco

Like gunpowder?

Totally uncalled for, especially since chopsticks are better than western utensils in many many ways.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have to say I'm of two minds regarding the science vs. mind aspects of this. I think, if true (which is just as unlikely as likely, of course), the methods via which such a feat could have occured would transcend a paradigm which relies on seeing science and mind in the same juxtapositions as we currently do.

I have some requests pending on this, and will keep the thread updated if anything results.

To whoever made the chopsticks comment, you should look at it the other way around if you want a true picture of the state of things: China invented eating utensils several thousand years before people in the west stopped eating with nothing but their hands. (Also, just go to China today!)

-koji K.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join