It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellow Iris, This Can't Be Right (Quake Activity)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Iris is quiet for the first time I've seen since the Dec quake in N Sumatra.

Are we back to normal, or is this the proverbial calm before the storm?
www.iris.seismon.edu...

Indonesia stopped have daily 5.0s after the latest great earthquake, is it possible that the particular shake pattern has..dried up, for lack of a better phrase.

It's quiet though..at least in terms of large earthquakes...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
All is not quiet, just check out,

www.emsc-scem.org... there is still activity going on. Iris is only one source, and it seems that they don't pick up half the activity emsc picks up and vice versa.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
for some odd reason neither link will work for me right now -- anyone else having a problem with it? I had them up earlier today but now I'm getting specified server can't be found.

valkeryie -
what is the story behind your avatar -- all I can say is OWWW!!

[edit on 7-5-2005 by justme1640]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ja...ees not working for me neither. I wish it was, because I'm not believing the silence on IRIS myself.

Weird...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's down for me as well. I wonder if there's something going on? It was really quiet earlier...

Hmmm...

If anybody has an alternative to the two sites mentioned (both of which I have bookmarked) post it here, let's see if someone else is reporting something.

Edit: I can get there from my bookmark, and it reloads but doesn't change. I don't know if they killed the link only? Wierd. Anybody know what's up?

[edit on 7-5-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What time is 20:40 UTC compared to say GMT it seems to be stuck at that time but since I am not sure what the time difference would be for that I'm not totally sure. Is that what you see also -- that is from my bookmarks also.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yup, it's stuck for me too.

Interesting. Is it possible their update monkey called in sick?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The one I use is - www.iris.edu...

Also I don't think IRIS shows small quakes. Seems like they display only those over 4.0 or 4.5, can't remember which.

Bleys

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think the planet is taking a breather, it was start again with another volley of quakes, patterns seem regular but some random one will spike soon, i have a gut feeling about it

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
both sites are working for me (right now). Iris only shows one today and emsc show 3(4). Funny thing on the emsc one you could take a ruler and make a straight line between the ones on continental Europe. Seems strange to me!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So much for the breather, at lest 5 quakes on the map today, including a 5.9 off the coast of Mexico:
www.iris.edu...

That link aboaut, though, still doesn't work for me

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
valkeryie, does that lady ever stop falling down into the basement? I laugh but I can't help feel like that hurt.

Troy

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
valkeryie, does that lady ever stop falling down into the basement? I laugh but I can't help feel like that hurt.

Troy

Troy, don't know if she ever quits falling
But she sure has proof for her lawyers

Switzerland just had a 3.0, now how rare is that?

www.emsc-csem-org

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hopefully it scared a few pounds off of her.

Laws of phsyics and gravity were not working in favor of her for sure. She probably caused IRIS to register a blip.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Obfuscate]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Try this site. Says Indoneisa still having 5.0 quakes

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
quiet? sort of, with the exception of a 6.2 in Sumatra yesterday, things seems to be slowing down, but with nature you can't predict anything and one big one can start the whole cycle again.

Maui stacey just posted the link, see above

[edit on 5-11-2005 by worldwatcher]

top topics

join