It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American's Left Behind in Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:
D

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
After seeing all the stuff on the anniversary of the fall of saigon, I remembered reading in some books about how there were reports of American POW's being left behind in Vietnam and that there have been unconfirmed reports of some people stumbling upon these POW camp's during the 90's. (supposedly there were some unconfirmed reports of French Legionnaires still being held).

Unfortunately I forgot the name of the book. That doesn't really matter, but I'm really curious about this topic and I haven't had much success Googling the topic.

Does anyone know much about it or could point me in the direction where I could find some info on this?

[edit on 1/5/05 by D]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Recently retired Senior Professional Staff Member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, and Personal Staff Member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Armed Services.

There are ten bodies of evidence showing clearly that scores of American POWs were left behind in Indochina, especially in Laos and also in the former Soviet Union.

I will describe these ten bodies of evidence briefly as follows:

FIRST - There is important but still mostly secret White House and diplomatic evidence, involving Dr. Henry Kissinger's "BACK CHANNEL" negotiations with the North Vietnamese, and also President Nixon's "WATERGATE TAPES", showing that they knowingly left behind at least "87" POWs, especially in Laos.

SECOND - There is voluminous evidence of American POWs left behind in Indochina from hundreds of human sources, including the thousands of "LIVE SIGHTING" reports of varying credibility about U.S. POWs in Indochina by refugees, defectors, and Americans.

THIRD - There is important and reliable "HUMINT" (human intelligence) evidence from recruited and paid CIA and DIA espionage agents on the ground in Indochina
source

you should read by By any means necessary by Willam E. Burrows a great read. There were more then a few aircrew that were shot down over the Soviet Union that never saw state side again.

new topics

join