It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread is for Roadscholar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Recently, I have had the pleasure to meet a very intelligent and interesting new member who goes by the handle Roadscholar.

She is insightful, prescient, and will soon become a mainstay of ATS quality and professionalism.

Please take the time to say hello to this new member, and Roadcaster, feel free to partake in the conversation, tell us a little bit about you, what you do in the real world, and what makes you tick...

It is done.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hiya road scholar... welcome to ATS, BTS, and the rest...
I look forward to seeing your comments on the boards lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
LoL....ok, this is too much....thanks, man....but you're making me blush!

Hey everybody! Nice to meet you 'n stuff. I do hope to contribute to these forums in a few different ways.

I look forward to getting to "know" you all a bit better!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I dun did it!!!

So what's this I hear about this guitar thing you got going? What's up with that and stuff?

45.... 44..... 43.......

This is my monkey!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My better half builds guitars. Deltacaster Cigar Box Guitars that is! He also writes his own music, which I help him record and master on the 'puter.

Between the guitars, c.d. sales, and live performace fees, this is how we make our living, as a matter of fact!

I would post links, but I believe that is frowned upon here?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah, no links.

But maybe just a URL would be okay...

Let's just see...

Um,

.www.cybamall.com...

Yeah, I'll take a heat round for that one...

That's pretty cool. Those guitars are nice. Do you play?

[edit on 30-4-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yay, thanks for posting the url =)

Sorry, I'm the great white tone-deaf wonder. I only play bass, and that only a little bit. Only songs that I really love, like "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes. That tune totally rocks!

I believe that everyone has some artistic talent, though. Mine are writing and photography, but I do not generally spend nearly enough time practicing either, for spending all of my time enjoying the creations of others in both categories.

We also have two children. The oldest (my son) is a wordsmith like myself, but our daughter is a natural-born little songbird. She plays keyboard, guitar, shaker, the table, the C.D. tower rungs, her voice in the bathtub, etc. etc. etc. LoL

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Neat! I play a pretty mean table myself...

You'll be in the chat room in no time. Does anyone even read BTS?

Oh yeah, I remember... :w::w::w:

So you like to read. What was the last book you read?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm reading one of those trashy historical fiction (almost *gag* romance) pieces at the moment, "The Fiery Cross" by Diana Gabaldon.

Any ladies out there may know of her work "Outlander" in which heroine Claire Randall travels back through the standing stones to eighteenth centery Scotland. She meets and violently weds a fierce red example of true highland maleness. Unfortunately, he is swept up in the mess that is Culloden, and she travels back to the twentieth century heavy with his child.

Very worthy read! I highly reccomend it!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This place is crawling with DragonballZ....just like my house!

My son is one of you guys...one of the Digi Destined. He has caught, and trained all of the pokemon (they're everywhere!). He can do the Kamehameha wave and has a collection of Tenchi Muyo episodes that he watches alone.

So if I act motherly toward you, now you know why =)

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ok, just so's people don't get the impressions that this thread is about unbridlded narcissism (because it's not, I'm just making a run for the chat room!), I would like to post here my favorite avatar images.

These are all from James O'Barr's "The Crow: Flesh & Blood". If you all watch carefully, you'll see different ones of them displayed as my avatar. Which one tends to vary according to how I'm feeling.

Please don't steal them *yet*, but please do enjoy them =)

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So I thought I'd better make it count.

Here is a little something that I thought belonged better on no other thread in the universe:

Ok, I'm halfway to the chat room now! Get ready for some and :w: with
, and maybe even a little
and :bnghd:!

Take it easy!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ok, that's it. After that one, you are officially the coolest internet junkie EVER!

How do you feel?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Like I have wasted my life, and it was worth it!

[edit on 2/5/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Yeah, I'll take a heat round for that one...

1) Yes, I read BTS and :w:

2) No heat round needed DC. I think most times we get the spam junkies and such, but showing a guitar collectiuon is cool by me. Don't sweat the url.

3) Nice to meet you Roadie. Have fun on your Race to Chat 2005. I think you'll like this place.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Nice to meet you too, Zedd!

I'm having a blast, and I already do like this place...very much!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Right on right on, I'm now only 20 (ope, make that 19) posts away from the chat room!

I wonder what the record is for fastest newbie to get to 200 posts?

I also wonder if there is a newbie of the year award...I asked the trash bin of RATS about that yesterday (just because I could), but got no reply

dbates says "ATS is fun!" and it is, it really is!!!

[edit on 6/5/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Come on, that has got to be some kind of record!

How about, Suspected Troll of the Year? Internet Junkie of the Year?

Nuisance of the Year? Nah....I'm a long way away from that one LoL!

I would say Leo of the year, but that title has been claimed repeatedly on the boards today! hehe

Ok, into the chat room I go....properly lubricated at that!

Take it easy, y'all!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm so proud of myself for choosing the coolest person in the world to 'adopt!' I chose on the basis of her intro and first two posts.....and am especially pleased that I get to associate myself with you RoadScholar....your progress is very impressive and you are quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with!!! Cool pictures!!!!

I'll see you in chat because at the time of this post, the count was at 199......:w::w:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hello from Chicago!

Anyone here ever hear about Jesus People U.S.A. and their awesome intentional community up here in Chi-town? No? Well I'm here, and it really is awesome.

This is my post #300, and I've been saving it up for some very special occasion. I suppose a return from a long hiatus is special enough.

Looking forward to getting back in touch with you all and posting things here from time to time again. Maybe I'll have the inside dope for a piece or two in "Conspiracy in Religion" now, living in a Christian commune LoL

See ya'll 'round!

-Roads

top topics

join