It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prophecy of Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

And when you shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out.

When you therefore shall see the Abomination Of Desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place. Then let them, which be in Judea,
flee into the mountains.

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves
roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Immediately after the distress of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven.

And they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption is at hand.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My wish is that I live to see coming of Jesus in glory with his angels.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Those angels are supposed to bring the apocalypse silly!
Read your own book!

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sure, difficult testings for christians must come first, but judgment day will be triumph of God, restoration of God's kingdom and resurrection/conversion in heavenly, uncorruptable bodies.
Noone will ever suffer anymore on Earth.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Revalation is good news for those who stand strong.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Have you read Revelations???

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm quite certain I won't see Jesus' return before I die, but it will be a good time. We bring our own apocalypse, Christ and His angels put the immense chaos man has created to an end, and thank God. Sometimes I pray for more time so people may repent and I get to experience more of a normal life, but then I'll think of how people and animals are being tormented and I'll say come Lord Jesus. Thank God, God is a God of justice ( that sounded odd).

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Have you read Revelations???

It's easy to read it, but not everyone can understand.
Only those with that gift of Holy Spirit can interpret it, and those people are veeery rare and hard to find.
Look at what is said about end days in matthew and some other prophecy books.
Judgment day will be glorious for christians also because those who tortured them in those days will be ashamed.

Come Jesus!

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Only those with that gift of Holy Spirit can interpret it, and those people are veeery rare and hard to find.

As the Church Lady would say, "Isn't that Conveeeeenient".

If I remember correctly....EVERYONE pretty much bites it in Armageddon....it's just that Jesus raises up those who are to join him. You STILL have to go through the hell on Earth that will come when those angels break the seals. It is NOT that difficult to understand, it is pretty simply stated actually.... It requires no deep understanding.

Of course, the point is moot though, as the whole tale is nothing but a fairy story designed to scare people into coming to church every Sunday, and tithe 10% of their earnings, but hey...wish I'd have thought of it too....

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

As the Church Lady would say, "Isn't that Conveeeeenient".

If I remember correctly....EVERYONE pretty much bites it in Armageddon....it's just that Jesus raises up those who are to join him. You STILL have to go through the hell on Earth that will come when those angels break the seals. It is NOT that difficult to understand, it is pretty simply stated actually.... It requires no deep understanding.

Of course, the point is moot though, as the whole tale is nothing but a fairy story designed to scare people into coming to church every Sunday, and tithe 10% of their earnings, but hey...wish I'd have thought of it too....

In other words.... WE'RE SCREWED.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am surprised by ignorance of some people...
Revelations are written in symbols and metaphors, there will be no monsters you know...
Also, saying it is designed to "scare" people to go to mass is just your way of denying to make yourself feel batter.

"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

but

Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

[Edited on 30-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
I am surprised by ignorance of some people...
Revelations are written in symbols and metaphors, there will be no monsters you know...
Also, saying it is designed to "scare" people to go to mass is just your way of denying to make yourself feel batter.

"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

but

Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Mega.....
You have great 'faith' and are indeed a great believer and follower of the RCC. This is not a belittlement....please do not take it as such.
What I am merely trying to say is that I would be weary of who is considered "ignorant". The defintion, in a practical "real" world setting, is quite broad. You have to also bear in mind, that many do not believe as you nor me nor as anyone else. God, the Bible, etc., are open to interpretation. All I am implying is that the label "ignorance or ignorant" is perhaps a bit uncalled for or unneeded.
You, as a Christian, should appreciate that fact and offer more tolerance in your reproach.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
By lashing out and crying "ignorance", it only belittles the one so doing....

You even said it yourself:

There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain,

So again, this being with God, still comes AFTER going through the apocalypse.... Is the burning bush a metaphor? What about the parting of the Red Sea? Or Jesus coming back from the dead? So, what makes men such an expert on what is, and what is not, a metaphor in the Bible? If the events in Revelation are just metaphors, then why aren't other such unbelievable events metaphors as well? Ahh....now we get to the meat of it....

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I wasn't saying everybody should go to mass, I was just saying its ridiculous that revelations is designed to scare people..
And sorry Seekerof but some things I see are really annoying.

It is explained in revelations that "rivers" are actually nations... which gives you a hint it is all symbols.
Even Daniel couldn't interpret some dreams and then angel explained it to him.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Mega.....no apology needed.
I was just suggesting a little caution is all.
Don't sweat me......I guess we all makes those conclusions sometimes and I have found, through my learned experiences on this board, that a bit of cautious wording helps.

We are all accustomed to saying such things.
No harm done and none was taken.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad

Judgment day will be glorious for christians also because those who tortured them in those days will be ashamed.

Just too bad that most of the Church has already collected her salery and only await judgement. The "Christians" you refer to, the marthyrs under Nero etc. are far from the church. When Nero's beasts tore them appart they sang songs and forgave their enemies and blessed them. You don't find many of their likes among the lot of them who call themselves Christians today. They often look at what God has created and say it's evil, eventhough God when he looked at it saw that it was good.

Love your enemies. Does the sparrow hate the hawk? Does the lamb hate the wolf? If the lamb had hated the wolf, he would have ran off and killed himself. But instead the lamb understand that the wolf, that it is in his nature to hunt for sheep, and prays to God and begs him to save him from the claws of his enemy and hopes for salvation.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

join