It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. may sell Bunker Busting Bombs to Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Israel requested permission from the Pentagon today to obtain 100 guided bunker busting bombs from the Lockheed Martin Corp. The sale would be upwards of 30 million dollars. Despite speculation, Israel still denies a forthcoming military strike on Iran.

www.msnbc.msn.com
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon notified Congress on Tuesday of a proposed sale to Israel of 100 guided bunker-busting bombs, a move that analysts said could prompt concerns about a unilateral Israel strike against Iran.

Israel has requested the sale by the Lockheed Martin Corp. of GBU-28s worth as much as $30 million, the Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency said in a notice required by law for government-to-government military sales.

Israel — believed to be the Middle East’s only nuclear armed state — has denied speculation that it might make a military strike on Iran to prevent it from producing an atomic bomb.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Funny that when it comes to disarming the middle east of Nuclear weapons, we gently let Israel slide through the cracks in the midst of a eminent war on Iran as well as violence with Palestine.

It seems as if America will provide the necessary equipment for Israel to fight Americas war on Iran while we focus on a possible cold war with North Korea.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Even though this trade is still somewhat in the air, The U.S. have been known to bend over for Israel to support it's, dare I say it...Zionist agenda.

[edit on 4/27/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
lol Simulacra, I just accidently voted you for the way above top secret award!

Ooops! Congrats i guess

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
"Funny that when it comes to disarming the middle east of Nuclear weapons, we gently let Israel slide through the cracks in the midst of a eminent war on Iran as well as violence with Palestine."

Here's the difference the way I see it...

Point #1: Israel holds Palestine after it was attacked, and is in the process of giving it back. Who's attacking who?

Point #2: unlike Iran, Irak, Lebonon, Seria, Egypt, Jordan and Saudi-Arabia, Isreal has not (with the exception of 1 little nuclear power plant) attacked it's neighbours first. And there is no proof that it plans to do the same again unless it's in self defence.

Point #3: I am convinced that if they were sold arms to Isreals neighbours they would most assuredely end up blowing up some poor Isreali children.
(Come on deny it! I dare you.)

So tell me again why it's so bad selling to Isreal.

PS: I am not necessarily saying that Isreal is all great and mighty and all that, nor am I saying that all arabs nations are war mongers. I am just looking at the historical record.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"little nuclear plant" is a bit of a misnomer, don't you think? Same as "little cute bunker busters"... Mmmm, I get that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach

On the topic - these weapons will be effectively donated to Israel. Arrghhhh.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Aelita, my intention wasn`t to minimize the action specifically, only to point out that Isreal isn`t in the habit of waging full scale war with it`s neighbours unless it`s in retaliation for attacks by it`s neighbours.

One small deliberate attack does not make for a war.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Isreal isn`t in the habit of waging full scale war with it`s neighbours unless it`s in retaliation for attacks by it`s neighbours.

No, it just forcibly took an entire chunk of Palestine and makes millions of people refugees. But thats alright isnt it, they had just been through the holocaust and are entitled to a little blood letting themselves.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well the U.S. has been supplying Isreal with its military weapons for a long time. I dont really see this changing now that they are requesting bunker buster bombs. I am not saying that I like the idea of the bombs being sold, just that I think it probably will happen. And this makes me think back about 25 years ago or so. Isreal with out provacation atacked Irac's Nuke power plant. They caught a lot of political heck from that. But it was said by many experts just prior to the first gulf war that if they had not done that, that Sadam would have had a nuke by that time. Belive it or not, it is up to you.
But something to think about.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
gee subz maybe egypt and jordan shouldve not invaded israel..

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Israel has to to do what it has to do to protect their people as do Americans - yes?

Bunker Busters are better than nuclear clearers - yes?

Dallas

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Huh? I never mentioned anything about Egypt or Jordan.

I think if half of Britain was taken over by Zionists I'd expect France and our other European neighbours to help us take it back again.

Edit: Yeah people have to do what people have to protect themselves.

America has never invaded a nuclear capable country - ever - so can you blame the Iranians for wanting to procure nuclear weapons when you've been labeled part of a 3 way Axis of Evil. One of which countries has been invaded and happens to be on your doorstep. If I wanted to make sure the United States would not invade the first thing I'd do is to get me some of those nukes.

[edit on 27/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Israel already has some that they bought from the US.
Roughly 200-500 of them.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
200-500 what ? Most of us know about the nucs..

Dallas

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Saw it on the Military Channel on a show on bunker busters.
Here is an internet source:

Israel admitted yesterday that it is buying 500 "bunker-buster" bombs, which could be used to hit Iran's nuclear facilities, as Teheran paraded ballistic missiles as a warning against attack.

The BLU-109 bombs, which can penetrate more than 7ft of reinforced concrete, are among "smart" munitions being sold to Israel under America's military aid programme.

Israel challenges Iran's nuclear ambitions (Filed: 22/09/2004)

Please bear in mind, that this does not include the GBU-27 or GBU-28 bunker busters that Israel also has. I believe Israel is simply adding to its 'already obtained' arsenal.

Also, another article.

The United States has already sold to Israel the bunker buster bombs that would be needed in such an operation.

Iran goes nuclear: The handwriting is on the wall

Here is a general Google search on this:
Is rael has already bought bunker buster bombs from the US

seekerof

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As long as Israel doesn't turn around and sell them to China or something, I support it.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks.
ah.. sometimes I wonder where all this negativism will end in our World?

A good fight is one thing. Where we're headed as a domestic people sometimes scares me.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
subz the palestinian areas were part of egypt and jordan...they were taken when jordan and egypt invaded israel.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
To palg1

What world are you in? 1. Israel isnt going to give anything back! What are they going to do, leave? 2. Who started the so called war? The answer, the same people who are selling them(both sides) weapons, the US. 3. If Israel who has nukes and can arm its self why is Iran the bad guy for doing the same? Israel is just a smokescreen for the US goal of total control over all the oil rich nations in the region. The last thing the US needs is a nation(Iran) that doesnt play along. Soon Iran will be the largest economic nation not playing on Bush's level playing field. Other nations looking to get out from under the US's boot will soon have a thousand points of lights coming from Iran.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
Point #2: unlike Iran, Irak, Lebonon, Seria, Egypt, Jordan and Saudi-Arabia, Isreal has not (with the exception of 1 little nuclear power plant) attacked it's neighbours first. And there is no proof that it plans to do the same again unless it's in self defence.

Hehe forgot what happened in 57...

Neway israel's gettin bunker buster bombs while it was wining 2 days earlier about Syria gettin some SAMs

I say disarm both

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Israel has to to do what it has to do to protect their people as do Americans - yes?

Israel is going to launch an attack on Iran with the aid of America. This is not by any means 'defending' their people, and if it is then the Israelis are wrought with paranoia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join